Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do bigfoots exist really?

david4121

1 hour ago, Razumov said:

According to Russian Hominidology the creature is a close human relative and the skulls are the product of Human-Alma interbreeding.

What evidence do they have for this? What species do they believe the almas to be? The skulls look to be within the possible variation of Homo sapiens.

Edited by Carnoferox

19 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It wasn't an insult. It was a statement of fact.

You doubling down, only provides me with double the amusement. 

And makes those that have you fooled, no doubt, doubly pleased. 

21 minutes ago, PrisonerX said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, PrisonerX said:

There is a government coverup of these creatures. Dig deep enough and you will soon learn this for yourself. 

Just so I understand... how did you conclude there is a government cover-up?

3 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

Delusion

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

What evidence do they have for this?

See the links I posted above.

2 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

What species do they believe the almas to be?

Boris Porshnev's theory was of a "relic neanderthal", but this was back when the neanderthal was thought to be our immediate ancestor.

9 minutes ago, Razumov said:

See the links I posted above.

Boris Porshnev's theory was of a "relic neanderthal", but this was back when the neanderthal was thought to be our immediate ancestor.

Those links don't contain anything solid like DNA or morphometric analyses that would determine if the remains belong to a different species. They certainly don't match neanderthal skulls so it seems that "theory" is bunk.

5 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Those links don't contain anything solid like DNA or morphometric analyses that would determine if the remains belong to a different species. They certainly don't match neanderthal skulls so it seems that "theory" is bunk.

Yeah they do:

https://www.sasquatchcanada.com/uploads/9/4/5/1/945132/issue_no_40_pdf.pdf
https://www.sasquatchcanada.com/uploads/9/4/5/1/945132/issue_no_36_pdf_-_final.pdf
https://scenicsasquatch.com/2018/03/08/dna-studies-by-dr-igor-burtsev-director-of-the-institute-of-hominology-of-moscow/

It refers to Sykes' DNA studies of Zana, which have never been published in a peer-reviewed paper. This is probably a wise choice on Sykes' part considering the debacle that was his yeti DNA paper. So again, nothing substantial or conclusive.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Had to say hi to you diechecker. How ya been? No longer in AZ, I see.

I didn't move to AZ, that was Sakari. He still prowels around here sometimes.

Just as a thought, the DNA that Melba Ketchum got, what % human was it? I'm way out of touch with this stuff.

But I did see a show on discovery where a team went Yeti hunting in the highlands of Buhtan.

They ended up with an eDNA sample that proved 99% human. Interesting!

Offhand I don't remember the % in Kethum's paper, but I remember that it was suggested to be enough that it would require a new Species, or at least subspecies. 

The show on Discovery was not a Destination Truth, or a Monster Quest, was it?

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I didn't move to AZ, that was Sakari. He still prowels around here sometimes.

Offhand I don't remember the % in Kethum's paper, but I remember that it was suggested to be enough that it would require a new Species, or at least subspecies. 

The show on Discovery was not a Destination Truth, or a Monster Quest, was it?

It could have been another show, not sure.

11 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It wasn't an insult. It was a statement of fact.

Makes perfect sense. 

If the Government cover it up they

Um...... 

Have a secret to keep from everyone!!! 

That'll learn 'Em!!! 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Jenn8779 said:

I see you've co-signed another poster's insult, which was directed towards me, clearly indicating that you're looking to ridicule and mock rather than to discuss. 

Do not expect anyone to treat you with respect or answer your questions when carrying yourself as such. 

13 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Had to say hi to you diechecker. How ya been? No longer in AZ, I see.

Just as a thought, the DNA that Melba Ketchum got, what % human was it? I'm way out of touch with this stuff.

But I did see a show on discovery where a team went Yeti hunting in the highlands of Buhtan.

They ended up with an eDNA sample that proved 99% human. Interesting!

The Ketchum DNA they claimed was some type of unknown hominid turned out to be an opossum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, PrisonerX said:

There didn't exist a reason to, I presume.

They only have to stop an official declaration of its existence by the mainstream scientific community. 

Video captures and supposed images aren't regarded as proof, so they don't need to regulate them all. Also, they've got people like yourself going to war for them, without them even having to enlist you or pay you a dime. People like yourself actually help keep it covered up, you just don't realize it. 

Only stop the "mainstream scientific community"? LOL. That's the funniest thing posted so far in this thread.

When all else fails make up a dubious cover up story.

If this tale of BF was real then all anyone has to do is go out there and collect DNA and take it someplace for testing.

So far all of this big foot searching has done nothing more than put a suit in a deep freeze, create laughable TV shows, and shift money from the gullible to the hoaxers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good, now you're catching on. 

They really don't have to work all that hard given the existing stigmatization, and all the useful idiots they have out there slandering believers that come forward. 

There are plenty of idiots that still think BF exists when there is zero evidence.

You might as well have money spent on thunder birds, dragons, fairies, leprechauns, lender man, vampires, werewolves, 100 foot snakes, kraken (as the original living island), etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You and those like you really have no idea how amusing these kinds of insults are to me. 

I imagine they're also quite pleasing to read by those that have pulled the wool completely over your eyes.

The only person with wool completely over their eyes is you. You seem unable or unwilling to accept that there is no BF. Doesn't exist despite over a half century of searching.

BF is more about excuses than anything else.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The only person with wool completely over their eyes is you. You seem unable or unwilling to accept that there is no BF. Doesn't exist despite over a half century of searching.

BF is more about excuses than anything else.

Cover-up, dude. It's cleary a cover-up. :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

There didn't exist a reason to, I presume.

They only have to stop an official declaration of its existence by the mainstream scientific community. 

Video captures and supposed images aren't regarded as proof, so they don't need to regulate them all. Also, they've got people like yourself going to war for them, without them even having to enlist you or pay you a dime. People like yourself actually help keep it covered up, you just don't realize it. 

That post deserves an award

jackass.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

True 'dat, Raz. Like the three men all claiming to be the man in the monkey suit in the Paterson Gimlin "patty" BF. LOL!

But there are some good pics and very good evidences. And all it takes for just one to be real and those fakes mean little or nothing at all.

There are good evidences? Would you like to tell us about those good evidences?

• Like 1

More empty swaggering. I expected no less. You are so easily amused with yourself. Is that because you've spent tons of money on fictional books about BF and can't accept that you've been taken?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrisonerX said:

I see you've co-signed another poster's insult, which was directed towards me, clearly indicating that you're looking to ridicule and mock rather than to discuss. 

Do not expect anyone to treat you with respect or answer your questions when carrying yourself as such. 

Let's see if this claim of "to discuss" is correct. This is your first post.

Yea, they're real. But not every story is. 

I suggest talking personally with eyewitnesses, and spending time in the wilderness (not alone). 

Kind of worthless since we all know how poor eyewitnesses are. I definitively have spent more times in the wilderness and often alone and likely in a greater variety of habitats than others. Rather meaningless vague comment.

There is a government coverup of these creatures. Dig deep enough and you will soon learn this for yourself. 

That was the next post. Typical conspiracy theorist comment. Makes me chuckle to see the CT card tossed out at the start.

There we go. In the next post is the start of the sniping. It's the start of the attack on others. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There are good evidences? Would you like to tell us about those good evidences?

Oh let me see:

1. Data on all US BF footprints fits a bell curve, as does a subset of the data (Illinois-Ohio region)

2. Dermal ridges on BF footprint castings

3. voice recordings of animal wails that do not match any known creature on earth (pre digital era)

4. Photos. ( remember, you said "evidence", not proof)

A curiosity: If all BF footprint castings are made by fakers, why don't they have 5 toes?

DNA. On a recent Coast to Coast program, it discussed that Kechum's DNA analysis was seconded by 4 other DNA testing labs.

I see you say it was opossum. I'll have to book it up. But Yeti DNA has been detected.

Enlighten me, stereoligist, if you are 100% certain the BF is just a myth, what are you doing spending so much time of your life in here?

This is perplexing to me because if I don't believe in the tooth fairy, I'll be damned if I'll spend many hours over years preaching to people that DO.

No offense intended.

15 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Oh let me see:

1. Data on all US BF footprints fits a bell curve, as does a subset of the data (Illinois-Ohio region)

2. Dermal ridges on BF footprint castings

3. voice recordings of animal wails that do not match any known creature on earth (pre digital era)

4. Photos. ( remember, you said "evidence", not proof)

A curiosity: If all BF footprint castings are made by fakers, why don't they have 5 toes?

DNA. On a recent Coast to Coast program, it discussed that Kechum's DNA analysis was seconded by 4 other DNA testing labs.

I see you say it was opossum. I'll have to book it up. But Yeti DNA has been detected.

Enlighten me, stereoligist, if you are 100% certain the BF is just a myth, what are you doing spending so much time of your life in here?

This is perplexing to me because if I don't believe in the tooth fairy, I'll be damned if I'll spend many hours over years preaching to people that DO.

No offense intended.

1. Fits a bell curve in what way?

2. Dermal ridges are in fact artifacts of the casting process. These are known as dessication artifacts.

3. What does recordings have to do with anything? Just because there is a recording which does not match a known animal does not mean it matches an unknown animal.

4. I said evidence. Proof is something not done by science. What photos other than blob squatches and blur squatches have been shown to be something other than a hoax?

What does 5 toes have to do with anything? Although people claim apes not a single print has an ape type foot.

The DNA was never verified in Ketchum's favor. It was finally released to a reporter in Houston who took it to a lab and it turned out to be opossum. That is the only other test as far as I know.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/bigfoot-dna-test-results_n_3541431.html

So now that it becomes known that BF is nonexistent people question those pointing out that the emperor is naked. Unlike the tooth fairy and Santa and the great pumpkin, people do fall for the bigfoot hoaxing that is promoted by TV shows and others. The simple fact is that despite over half a century of looking not a single BF sample has turned up. Think about floods, fires, cars, storms, lightning, etc. that could result in a dead squatch. Think about the supposed stories of people actively looking for BF. Think about all of the bear sampling lines. Not a single piece of BF has turned up.

What happens is that people resort to the trite old excuses about how clever BF is. Really? People are found dead in floods, fires, and other accidents. This BF must be more clever than people. The BF is so clever that they have chosen not to apply their amazing cleverness by building homes or tools. That would lead to their discovery. Then there is the effort by SCAM, the Secret Cabal of Academic Mainstream, to hide the existence of BF. There must be tons of people in the know to actively hide everything BF. The purpose of this is to avoid becoming one of the most famous people in history and possibly winning a Nobel prize? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1