Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do bigfoots exist really?

david4121

2 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

It goes both ways; since they can be faked, dermal ridges also can't be used as definitive evidence that a track is authentic.

agreed, both ways. And sweat pores faking has to be vetted.

2 hours ago, Sakari said:

Not sure why you are apologizing. Last I checked, this was just some public forum where people post and debate stuff. If anyone takes it personal, and needs an apology, they should not be here. I can assure you, I am not that person.

Refresh my memory, Sakari. Isn't it you that was just getting over cancer the same time I was?

22 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, Swede, you went to t lot of trouble when you need not.

Notice how it all wraps up...but accessing or having aspects of alternative realms invade our universe appears to be the stuff of fantasy.

did you notice the key word "appears" in that remark, Swede.

200 years ago, man flying appeared to be a thing of pure fantasy, too. Heresy!

Contextual error. On 11-9-18, you made the following statement:

Saying that we can never visit these other dimensions, now *that* is science fiction because it has never been proven and scientists think it is exactly opposite that [emphasis added] (Earl.of.Trumps #215).

You were subsequently provided with four direct quotes from two credible sources (Swede #284). These references are in contradiction to the above bolded. Thus, your statement is not wholly accurate.

Attempt at diversion noted.

Edit: Format.

Edited by Swede

47 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Refresh my memory, Sakari. Isn't it you that was just getting over cancer the same time I was?

Yes sir. I am hoping I am getting over it :)

Treatments every 3 weeks, until a cure,

I hope that was not why you apologized :)

I just wanted you to know I am just putting my 2 cents into this conversation. Replying to the message, not the messenger.  And, wanted you to know there is never a need to apologize to me. I do not get offended.

Me and the wife debate harder than this. But sometimes I need to apologize to her, cause she is my wife.

Now, you said "getting over". I hope that means you are clear of it now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Contextual error. On 11-9-18, you made the following statement:

Saying that we can never visit these other dimensions, now *that* is science fiction because it has never been proven and scientists think it is exactly opposite that [emphasis added] (Earl.of.Trumps #215).

You were subsequently provided with four direct quotes from two credible sources (Swede #284). These references are in contradiction to the above bolded. Thus, your statement is not wholly accurate.

Attempt at diversion noted.

Edit: Format.

Now, I appreciate your good effort here Swede, but I don't want to start a sub thread between you and me in this thread. Nobody knows enough about the multiverse to boldly say that we can't get there or BF can't get there or anything else.

I appreciate that you can find sources. I found mine, too. They differ.

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

Yes sir. I am hoping I am getting over it :)

Treatments every 3 weeks, until a cure,

I hope that was not why you apologized :)

I just wanted you to know I am just putting my 2 cents into this conversation. Replying to the message, not the messenger.  And, wanted you to know there is never a need to apologize to me. I do not get offended.

Me and the wife debate harder than this. But sometimes I need to apologize to her, cause she is my wife.

Now, you said "getting over". I hope that means you are clear of it now.

Cool beans.

Ya, I am over it and I do my tests to make sure it's not coming back. So far so good. I wish you the best, of course, with yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

It goes both ways; since they can be faked, dermal ridges also can't be used as definitive evidence that a track is authentic.

According to the pre-modern folklore of the creatures every single modern "bigfoot" footprint is a fake.

The global folklore reports again and again, from Europe to Asia, to Indonesia, to South America that they have backwards or bestial feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Cool beans.

Ya, I am over it and I do my tests to make sure it's not coming back. So far so good. I wish you the best, of course, with yours.

Hope it stays away. I can say I know how it feels waiting for those results. I will for now on be thinking of you, and a couple others I have met, when I do my scans.

Thank you for the wish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Razumov said:

According to the pre-modern folklore of the creatures every single modern "bigfoot" footprint is a fake.

The global folklore reports again and again, from Europe to Asia, to Indonesia, to South America that they have backwards or bestial feet.

There is good reason to believe they are faked. Some of the most celebrated tracks have been revealed to be fakes. It turns out that it is easy to fool BF believers with tracks.

The tracks never show anything but the hairs of known animals.

Now people want to pretend that tracks are real unless someone can show how they can be faked.

The problem for BF is that the tracks are the best finds to date and still that is the best after 60 years of modern searching.

12 hours ago, stereologist said:

There is good reason to believe they are faked. Some of the most celebrated tracks have been revealed to be fakes. It turns out that it is easy to fool BF believers with tracks.

Now people want to pretend suspect that tracks are real unless someone can show how they can be faked.

The problem for BF is that the tracks are the best finds to date and still that is the best after 60 years of modern searching.

Fixed!

The best evidence of BF one would want, IMO, is the oral traditions of American Indians going way back when these 200+ tribes did not even know that the vast majority of the others existed, so they could not share stories. Many have the oral tradition of "big hairy man", one tribe claiming that BHM precedes them in this land which was some 16,000 years ago.

The Euros are only a johnny-come-lately society but amazingly, we are generating similar sightings.

27 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Fixed!

Now people want to pretend that tracks are real unless someone can show how they can be faked.

Now it is fixed. The simple fact is that believers are not skeptical and want to pretend that tracks are real until shown otherwise. The fact is that tracks will never be proper evidence for the existence of BF.

16 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The best evidence of BF one would want, IMO, is the oral traditions of American Indians going way back when these 200+ tribes did not even know that the vast majority of the others existed, so they could not share stories. Many have the oral tradition of "big hairy man", one tribe claiming that BHM precedes them in this land which was some 16,000 years ago.

The Euros are only a johnny-come-lately society but amazingly, we are generating similar sightings.

Again, I have to ask which of the many contradictory oral traditions are you referring to?

1. The creature that joined the family?

2. The malevolent being?

3. More of a spirit kind of creature?

Which of these or others do you refer to?

The oral traditions of any group are poor evidence. I really doubt that a giant bear formed Devil's Tower. I think there is good reason to believe the tradition of people walking on the ground where Crater Lake now stands. All across the world there are oral tradition of animals speaking to people. That didn't happen.

The claim of "similar sightings" is hogwash. There are many different "wild creatures" described by Native Americans. These differences as I pointed out in the short list above are not compatible,

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

I really doubt that a giant bear formed Devil's Tower.

And what is your version of Devil's Tower?Do you also believe that this is a frozen volcano?

1 minute ago, Coil said:

And what is your version of Devil's Tower?Do you also believe that this is a frozen volcano?

The formation is a phonolitic intrusion.

The idea that it was a frozen volcano has been discarded hasn't it?

20 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The formation is a phonolitic intrusion.

The idea that it was a frozen volcano has been discarded hasn't it?

Well, it is also close to near volcanic theory.Okay, I will not flood in this thread just wanted to know your point of view.

23 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Now, I appreciate your good effort here Swede, but I don't want to start a sub thread between you and me in this thread. Nobody knows enough about the multiverse to boldly say that we can't get there or BF can't get there or anything else.

I appreciate that you can find sources. I found mine, too. They differ.

Given that you are the one who introduced the multiverse travel aspect into the discourse, your response is, shall we say, amusing.

Why are you all still hashing this out?  I already told you that BF is a myth.  Like Crop Circles.  Geeezzz...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, joc said:

Like Crop Circles.  Geeezzz...

There have been too many crop circle counterfeits to discredit real circles and suppress their research but fake and real circle can be distinguished:

It is already known that in real circles magnetic traces and decomposition products of radioactive substances are present.
It is realistic to distinguish a fake from real circles: in an authentic circle, the ears are bent smoothly, like plasticine tubes, and in a fake circle, the ears are crumpled with a mechanical device, and therefore the ears lay there with a noticeable break.

In total, on the planet there were more than 9 thousand circles, some were filmed on video. Mysteriously, the circle appeared in 20 seconds with an incomprehensible creaking sound.

You see, the main desire is to investigate but I don’t see it from the government and the authorities and there are interviews with authors of fake circles who proudly report dozens of circles they have created.

18 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I have as much respect for our Native Americans as anyone here. But at the same time oral traditions alone cannot stand as evidence as over time they get embellished and become wilder as time passes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coil said:

There have been too many crop circle counterfeits to discredit real circles and suppress their research but fake and real circle can be distinguished:

It is already known that in real circles magnetic traces and decomposition products of radioactive substances are present.
It is realistic to distinguish a fake from real circles: in an authentic circle, the ears are bent smoothly, like plasticine tubes, and in a fake circle, the ears are crumpled with a mechanical device, and therefore the ears lay there with a noticeable break.

In total, on the planet there were more than 9 thousand circles, some were filmed on video. Mysteriously, the circle appeared in 20 seconds with an incomprehensible creaking sound.

You see, the main desire is to investigate but I don’t see it from the government and the authorities and there are interviews with authors of fake circles who proudly report dozens of circles they have created.

So aliens find it important to cross the galaxy to perform the equivalent of peeing in the snow? 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

I have as much respect for our Native Americans as anyone here. But at the same time oral traditions alone cannot stand as evidence as over time they get embellished and become wilder as time passes.

Well said. 

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

So aliens find it important to cross the galaxy to perform the equivalent of peeing in the snow? 

I suppose that since they cannot contact us, they transmit a symbol in which information is hidden for us.
After all, science is looking for habitable planets in space, but since we cannot fly there, they themselves show us what they can.

And they fly to us quickly and not hundreds of years.

3 minutes ago, Coil said:

I suppose that since they cannot contact us, they transmit a symbol in which information is hidden for us.
After all, science is looking for habitable planets in space, but since we cannot fly there, they themselves show us what they can.

And they fly to us quickly and not hundreds of years.

They go to all that trouble to send encrypted messages rather than just broadcast on the tvs? 

That doesn't seemike advanced thinking at all. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

They go to all that trouble to send encrypted messages rather than just broadcast on the tvs? 

That doesn't seemike advanced thinking at all. 

I am also not happy because we are not able to read symbolically therefore, little sense from these circles to the ordinary person.