Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Triangular UFO sighted by Melbourne family

UM-Bot

No self-respecting ET-UFO would have lights visiting Earth (for their own safety against trigger-happy earthlings)

So, commercial craft, drone, or military.

I thought it was over the Dandenongs :-)

Edited by Avalanche

Well, they are armature (sic) plane spotters so must know what they are talking about. :rolleyes:  One question, how did they get a three light image from that p*** poor video I saw a single light that looked like a plane landing in the distance?

• Like 3

Agree with Merc14. Can't see how that nice sharp pic of 3 red lights came from that horrible phone video.

I didn't watch the video, but I once saw 3 things like the picture. I was sitting at a red light about 10 p.m. in about 1972. I noticed the guy in the next lane craning his neck out the window to look at the sky. When he saw me watching him he motioned upward, so I looked too. There above us, at an undetermined height, were 3 of those, each with 3 lights, hovering in the same pattern as the lights. They took off in unison with the lead one moving first by a split second.

I heard something about this on the car radio the other day. I hardly took much notice of it at the time.

Even so, in relation to the article, one of the theories for this claimed sighting from RAAA ( Regional Aviation Association of Australia) thought it was likely an aircraft and the family were unable to hear the aircraft's sound due to certain wind factors.

Regional Aviation Association of Australia (RAAA) CEO Michael Linke told news.com.au there was probably an earthly explanation for the odd sight. “It was more than likely an aircraft,” he said. “Depending on the prevailing winds, you would not be able to hear the engine.”

Besides that tho, they (RAAA) failed to explain what the 'three' red lights were on the said aircraft...ie; (article photo)

1ad9931e0e8a1bf8e454ef0b95da9ef1.jpg

I take it that they are referring to ^ these three lights ? (the same pic I borrowed from the article)...

Thing is, if they (RAAA) are correct that it was indeed an aircraft...then what explains the 'red' lights ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't know a great deal about aircraft. But I thought the only place where a red light on a plane was...is on the tip of the wing...hence the little diagram below.

download_10.jpg

Also, yes...they should have canned the awful video...it was an absolute waste of time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

I heard something about this on the car radio the other day. I hardly took much notice of it at the time.

Even so, in relation to the article, one of the theories for this claimed sighting from RAAA ( Regional Aviation Association of Australia) thought it was likely an aircraft and the family were unable to hear the aircraft's sound due to certain wind factors.

Besides that tho, they (RAAA) failed to explain what the 'three' red lights were on the said aircraft...ie; (article photo)

1ad9931e0e8a1bf8e454ef0b95da9ef1.jpg

I take it that they are referring to ^ these three lights ? (the same pic I borrowed from the article)...

Thing is, if they (RAAA) are correct that it was indeed an aircraft...then what explains the 'red' lights ?

It could be atmospherics causing a reddening of the lights ? Australia is suffering a big drought currently and extra dust in the atmosphere will filter out blue light making them look more red.

If the aircraft was far enough away this could be an explanation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41635906 

I could have sworn I had already seen the photo of the three red dots... years ago......

hmmm......maybe just old age? false memory? something very similar?

4 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

It could be atmospherics causing a reddening of the lights ? Australia is suffering a big drought currently and extra dust in the atmosphere will filter out blue light making them look more red.

If the aircraft was far enough away this could be an explanation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41635906 

Thank you. The red dust haze actually did cross my mind not too long after I had posted as to be the possible cause of the reddening affect on such lights. It's a wonder tho, that the Aviation Association did not mention this (as far as I'm aware) that dust most likely may have been the cause. 

8 minutes ago, quillius said:

woohoo...im not old and crazy :)

Well there you go. Knocked it out of the ball park...well done :tu:

I can't believe the lengths that some idiots will go to as to try and con and exaggerate to the public.

What a weasel as to use some old image that's already been done...ugh! how pathetic.  

• Like 2

On 09/09/2018 at 9:08 AM, pallidin said:

No self-respecting ET-UFO would visit Melbourne.

Fixed for factiness.

• Haha 1

Lights in the sky seen, travelling in westerly direction, over Caulfield North.

Definitely couldn'tbe Avalon, Tullamarine, or RAAF base Williams.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2018 at 11:36 AM, Black Monk said:

It might not be one triangular-shaped UFO. There might be three of them.

TR-3B Scout