Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man charged with firing his gun at a 'ghost'

UM-Bot

Maybe if he can prove ghosts exist in court he will be acquitted. If I were a lawyer I would take that case just for fun. My list of expert witnesses alone would be a riot.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Caspian Hare said:

Maybe if he can prove ghosts exist in court he will be acquitted. If I were a lawyer I would take that case just for fun. My list of expert witnesses alone would be a riot.

Is a gun effective protection against a ghost?  (If not, why would your client, a self proclaimed paranormal investigator, a ghost expert, use one?)

Only asking, for talking sake.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Is a gun effective protection against a ghost? 

Only if it's loaded with salt. I learned that from Sam and Dean Winchester.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Is a gun effective protection against a ghost?  (If not, why would a self proclaimed paranormal investigator, a ghost expert, use one?)

Only asking, for talking sake.

LOL I think you need a proton pack

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Delusional and provided a firearm; the third leading cause of death for men 15-29 in the United States. Made even worse because he obviously needs a proton pack.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

I want to be the prosecutor in this case. Please let me, man i would take him to the cleaners....then recommend the judge send him to the asylum:

The incident mirrors a very similar series of events that occurred back in 2011 when Devaux had called the cops claiming that a ghostly intruder had suddenly appeared in his home.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/321308/man-charged-with-firing-his-gun-at-a-ghost

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Can't really blame him. Many ghostly experiences are terrifying.

Yes we can really blame him. This guy claims to be:

The 25-year-old, who claims to be a paranormal investigator,

And instead of getting his camera or gadgets they use, to capture some footage of an alleged ghost, he gets his gun out. 

There was no ghost and no human intruder, this guy is a woss who really needs to leave this paranormal thing alone because it is making him afraid of his own shadow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Yes we can really blame him. This guy claims to be:

And instead of getting his camera or gadgets they use, to capture some footage of an alleged ghost, he gets his gun out. 

There was no ghost and no human intruder, this guy is a woss who really needs to leave this paranormal thing alone because it is making him afraid of his own shadow.

Doesn't matter. Paranormal investigators often get terrified. Yvette Fielding is often screaming and running.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Doesn't matter. Paranormal investigators often get terrified. Yvette Fielding is often screaming and running.

Jeeze, i used to watch that show just for the laughs.

If they get so terrified then they should not be out looking for ghosts and freaking themselves out when a mouse runs through cavity. 

You will not get someone with the shakes taking up being a surgeon, so why do these people who are scared of the dark posibly want to go out in it in search of alleged ghosts?

These paranormal investigators do not need gadgets, they need to get themselves a pair of balls.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Wrong gun for the job of killing a ghost. You need The Colt.

You'll need the bullets to go with it. Don't forget the bullets.

Saying that, you can't go wasting them on your average cat-burgling ghost willy nilly, you know that. It's an important gun is that. Reserved for high ranking demons. 

sidegif.gif?w=250

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Is that why there are no ghosts at sea?

There Arrr lots of ghosts at sea. I don't know how that works. 

Maybe it's the sheer force of the salt. I'm not allergic to lead but if it's fired at me with a gun then, yes. I'm allergic to it. :D

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, seanjo said:

How much does She get paid to do that?

Absolutely.

I would certainly love to do that job...at half the price.

Here are my fees?

£50 for

4-2.jpg

£45 for

hqdefault.jpg

£53 for

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1sjxjhbdqDjwVipj607W

And £1,500 for keeping it cool..sort of:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I can see how a ghost could appear as an intruder. Laws were never written with this issue in mind. I can see the judge having a lot of room for discretion in a case like this. Perhaps it will end with a slap on the wrist.

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

Two things,

1. If he thinks he saw a Ghost  he is delusional 

Matter of opinion.

8 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Matter of science 

Is it? How? If someone says that they have seen a ghost how can science prove that they didn't? It can't.

and a lack of ANY evidence apart from fakes and smudgy photos.

Just because there's no evidence he saw a ghost does not mean he didn't see a ghost and does not mean he's delusional. Most ghost sightings are almost impossible to prove. Doesn't mean they didn't occur.

Edited by Black Monk

27 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Perhaps it will end with a slap on the wrist.

It starts with a set of handcuffs slapped on the wrist and should end with this delusional pansy with his gun being taken away from him.

Maybe asign him to a few meds too.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

It starts with a set of handcuffs slapped on the wrist and should end with this delusional pansy with his gun being taken away from him.

82% of Britons believe in the supernatural.

68% of Britons believe they have experienced a supernatural event.

Does that mean that 68% of Britons are delusional and need to be assigned medication?

Edited by Black Monk

3 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Oh perlease, just call it what it is...faith...I could respect that, but pretending any of it is real without any proof apart from hearsay and anecdotes is just disingenuous.

How can you prove that you saw a ghost? In most cases you can't. You see it and then it's gone. That's it. And he's got as much proof that he saw a ghost as you have that he didn't. And I daresay no court of law can proof that he didn't see a ghost.

Edited by Black Monk

45 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

How did you determine he was ‘delusional’ from the article we were presented with?