Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man charged with firing his gun at a 'ghost'

UM-Bot

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

Papa, I was just at a house today I had previously talked to @Not A Rockstar about. It was a meth house where a Neo-Nazi tortured and killed people. Then the new renter surrounded the torture site with salt and played with a Ouija Board and put their kids in the salt circle. They made a mess of things. It was "yucky". 

I felt no fear. Just nausea. 

Interesting story but how does any of that refute or relate to the reply of mine you quoted?

All these horror stories about ghost and demons. Oh, how I wish it would happen to me. Years of rituals, years of evocations and summoning various things. Nothing. Not a damn thing. Sure weird dreams and some self-induced hallucinations, but I have never had some full on poltergeist activity every happen. The kind of crap they make movies out of. Nothing, never. Truly disappointing. So what? You have to be gullible to have this happen? Mentally off center? What? I mean really......I spent years of my life looking for real spirits, real gods, real demons and angels. It's all made up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You are skipping over the difficult issue here. He may well have thought it was a regular living intruder looking ready to attack him. In that case he may have acted appropriately, right?

I went to prison for having a gun in my hand when 2 intruders climbed through my gate and threatened my stepfather. I never discharged the weapon. Nor intended to. 

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Interesting story but how does any of that refute or relate to the reply of mine you quoted?

I'm showing a example as somebody who is called about these things. Ghost Hunters and Cleansers shouldn't be afraid. If they are they should get out of the industry. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

All these horror stories about ghost and demons. Oh, how I wish it would happen to me. Years of rituals, years of evocations and summoning various things. Nothing. Not a damn thing. Sure weird dreams and some self-induced hallucinations, but I have never had some full on poltergeist activity every happen. The kind of crap they make movies out of. Nothing, never. Truly disappointing. So what? You have to be gullible to have this happen? Mentally off center? What? I mean really......I spent years of my life looking for real spirits, real gods, real demons and angels. It's all made up. 

99% of what I encountered after 40 years of being around it was nothing very impressive. I saw some serious crap less than 10 times and if you notice in the sightings section it's not that I really believe them all the time. I'm just using psychology so they can help themselves either way. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

99% of what I encountered after 40 years of being around it was nothing very impressive. I saw some serious crap less than 10 times and if you notice in the sightings section it's not that I really believe them all the time. I'm just using psychology so they can help themselves either way. 

Yeah and I got an evocation in a cemetery on Halloween night in 2011, saw a tall shadow figure and black dog and black cat. Still wasn't impressed. In reality, people haunt themselves. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Yeah and I got an evocation in a cemetery on Halloween night in 2011, saw a tall shadow figure and black dog and black cat. Still wasn't impressed. In reality, people haunt themselves. 

Either way if they believe they got rid of it, it's better on their mental state.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Either way if they believe they got rid of it, it's better on their mental state.

I honestly think that's the point. People doing banishing rituals and ceremonies, etc. Just a way to release bad thoughts. So they don't grow and consume people. A little placebo to ease the mind. A gun is not a placebo to get rid of a figment of the imagination. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You need to try some of the bars in our local town centre on a Saturday night. It might just change your mind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stiff said:

You need to try some of the bars in our local town centre on a Saturday night. It might just change your mind.

Wrong kind of spirits.:lol:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Right kind of demons though :lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you do you should be warned there's four kinds of Spirits. The laughing, the singing, the crying, and the fighting. :-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Lot's of Welsh? :huh:

38 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I have experienced things which i normally do not talk about cause dont i want people to know how mad I am :-p most of it can be scientifically explained. Probably about 96%  Then again when the scientist say they beleive in an existance of parallel universes it makes you wonder. 

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Avalanche said:

I have experienced things which i normally do not talk about cause i dont want people to know how mad I am :-p most of it can be scientifically explained. Probably about 96%  Then again when the scientist say they beleive in an existance of parallel universes it makes you wonder. 

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

You're missing the point. How did he know at the time that it was not a real person about to stab him to death? Real world events do not always allow time for a P.I..

Wouldn't you feel just terrible if he didn't shoot and the poor fellow was indeed stabbed to death?

.it could have been an intruder or he could have thought it was...

BUT he changed his story to SAY it was a ghost.

after firing at an alleged intruder.

He later changed his story to claim that what he had actually fired at was a ghost

This is were imo he lies and tries to get some recognition as a paranormal investigator. There was NO ghost. 

He has claimed this before...the police did not believe him then and they certainly do not believe him now. 

Surely anyone in their right mind would not say an intruder was a ghost...why would he have said that if it had been a real person. 

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Wouldn't you feel just terrible if he didn't shoot and the poor fellow was indeed stabbed to death?

No

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Avalanche said:

Probably about 96%  Then again when the scientist say they beleive in an existance of parallel universes it makes you wonder. 

Not really. Those predictions are based on higher maths and detailed, repeatable, testable, and most importantly, falsifiable observations and hypothesis. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Piney said:

Papa, I was just at a house today I had previously talked to @Not A Rockstar about. It was a meth house where a Neo-Nazi tortured and killed people. Then the new renter surrounded the torture site with salt and played with a Ouija Board and put their kids in the salt circle. They made a mess of things. It was "yucky". 

I felt no fear. Just nausea. 

*facepalm* some people are really vile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Piney said:

Yeah, I like these stats. There is a lot of misunderstood things out there, but about 99% can be explained readily and without much effort. Using psychology and some empathy can help folks learn the tools to understand what they think is paranormal.

The 1% is what is interesting to me, and it is rare. It is also not very like Hollywood makes it out to be. … which is probably good. I'd hate to have pea soup or chicken blood spattered all over me from a cleansing. 

Just sayin.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

No

What? What? Wouldn't it just destroy you to hear of a paranormal investigator meeting such an untimely and gruesome end? I probably wouldn't eat for at least a week!

• Haha 2

This topic almost annoys me, because it is whack jobs like this who give people who sincerely are interested and exploring the ...whatever you want to call it - paranormal, supernatural, unseen, not yet understood experiences out there... bad names.

It is like that cop who left the school in Florida when the shooter started shooting. Because of his profession, you expect more out of him than the usual scared average person without a gun reacting to a threat like that. If you are going to claim to be a Paranormal Investigator, you need to have a brighter clue light.

The times I have been confronted with "something" standing there, I very definitely know it is not a breathing living person, no matter how it appears and I have seen a few very impressive apparitions. If you really are in the "trade" you know this stuff, feel it, see it and just tune out the "experts" who don't believe any of it, or you. If you are blind and just got your electronic tools, bs and claims, you will get hurt and what is it you always say @Piney ? Something about leaving the tools in the toolbox? 

I like you PapaGeorge1, and don't like seeing people gang ripping at you for being such a fan of this whole arena, but the fact is there is a higher standard needed and this guy is no PI. He is a player who may well be being played now. Anybody can buy a spirit box and claim to be a PI. It doesn't mean shoot.

(see what I did there? shoot? nevermind)

*walks off chuckling*

31 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What? What? Wouldn't it just destroy you to hear of a paranormal investigator meeting such an untimely and gruesome end? I probably wouldn't eat for at least a week!

I could not care less. 

• Like 1

Isn't it strange that these ghosts decide to mess with people who are on their own? I mean why not appear in a mall or police station and cause some real chaos.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

If you are blind and just got your electronic tools, bs and claims, you will get hurt and what is it you always say @Piney ? Something about leaving the tools in the toolbox? 

There's good mechanics, bad mechanics and people who should stay out of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1