Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It’s shameful what US Open did to Naomi Osaka

BrooklynGuy

Just now, third_eye said:

Elena and gymnastics learned a very harsh lesson the hard way ... let's hope sports remembers the lesson

not sure how this story relates to the topic.

elena removed cast too early against doctor's advice, and suffered even bigger injury, yea the lesson is listen to doctors, not sure how it applies here, but cool story

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

not sure how this story relates to the topic.

elena removed cast too early against doctor's advice, and suffered even bigger injury, yea the lesson is listen to doctors, not sure how it applies here, but cool story

you didn't pay attention, she was never ready to walk much less return to training, everybody around her pressured her to, not because of her or for her own good but because of Russian pride and gold medals....

~

Just now, third_eye said:

you didn't pay attention, she was never ready to walk much less return to training, everybody around her pressured her to, not because of her or for her own good but because of Russian pride and gold medals....

~

oh i did, that is why i said she took off cast too early,   however i still do not see how this story has anything to do with Williams' tantrums

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

oh i did, that is why i said she took off cast too early,   however i still do not see how this story has anything to do with Williams' tantrums

she was forcibly coerced, she was just a young child and everyone around her cared more for their own interests than the sport and little Elena.

I'm speaking more towards the future of tennis and sports in general ... Elena could have had a long illustrious competitive future in gymnastics but was gambled off for a chance of gold at the 80 Olympics

If tennis wants to dig themselves out of the current doldrums, they have to think more about the future of tennis than trying to color Serena with that perfect radiant glow of champions

~

• Like 1

i was not aware tennis was in doldrums, it is only Williams that throws tantrums and expects special treatment, and otherwise confrontational, but other than than there is absolutely nothing wrong with tennis. noting to get out of

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

Elena and gymnastics learned a very harsh lesson the hard way ... let's hope sports remembers the lesson

~

~

May God rest her soul. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Link

You guys are a little rough of William's.  I loved it when John Mcenroe threw fits.  It was the main reason I watched.

I don't think we are tough enough on her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Gummug said:

May God rest her soul. 

And may god damn the Soviet monsters that pushed her like that, and then lied about what they had done and what happened to her. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Link

You guys are a little rough of William's.  I loved it when John Mcenroe threw fits.  It was the main reason I watched.

Wow, that’s first bit of class Williams has shown this entire performance, kudos to her. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

An update of sorts...

"A controversial cartoon of Serena Williams published in an Australian newspaper last year did not breach media standards, a press watchdog says.

The cartoon depicted Williams jumping above a broken racquet next to a baby's dummy in the US Open final.

Critics complained that the caricature used racist and sexist stereotypes of African-American people."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-47352854

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

An update of sorts...

"A controversial cartoon of Serena Williams published in an Australian newspaper last year did not breach media standards, a press watchdog says.

The cartoon depicted Williams jumping above a broken racquet next to a baby's dummy in the US Open final.

Critics complained that the caricature used racist and sexist stereotypes of African-American people."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-47352854

Ha! I didn't know what a "baby's dummy" was! We call that a binky.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How dare they criticize a black women for acting like a childish brat with a low understanding of sportsmanship.  Race and sex card fails again.  I wasn’t aware she was born in Africa.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, EnderOTD said:

How dare they criticize a black women for acting like a childish brat with a low understanding of sportsmanship.  Race and sex card fails again.  I wasn’t aware she was born in Africa.

Don't you know.   You cannot criticize a black person anymore.   

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Don't you know.   You cannot criticize a black person anymore.   

Only if they vote Democrat, Black conservatives must be disparaged at every turn.

• Like 1

How did racism and sexism even enter the conversation about a match between two women of color? Seems to me more a matter of parochial nationalism.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

How did racism and sexism even enter the conversation about a match between two women of color? Seems to me more a matter of parochial nationalism.

liberals-oeryx2.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

liberals-oeryx2.jpg

Ambassador Mollari must smoke some good weed.

• Haha 2