Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BrooklynGuy

It’s shameful what US Open did to Naomi Osaka

69 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

aztek
Just now, third_eye said:

Elena and gymnastics learned a very harsh lesson the hard way ... let's hope sports remembers the lesson

not sure how this story relates to the topic.

elena removed cast too early against doctor's advice, and suffered even bigger injury, yea the lesson is listen to doctors, not sure how it applies here, but cool story

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
third_eye
Just now, aztek said:

not sure how this story relates to the topic.

elena removed cast too early against doctor's advice, and suffered even bigger injury, yea the lesson is listen to doctors, not sure how it applies here, but cool story

you didn't pay attention, she was never ready to walk much less return to training, everybody around her pressured her to, not because of her or for her own good but because of Russian pride and gold medals....

~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, third_eye said:

you didn't pay attention, she was never ready to walk much less return to training, everybody around her pressured her to, not because of her or for her own good but because of Russian pride and gold medals....

~

oh i did, that is why i said she took off cast too early,   however i still do not see how this story has anything to do with Williams' tantrums

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
Just now, aztek said:

oh i did, that is why i said she took off cast too early,   however i still do not see how this story has anything to do with Williams' tantrums

she was forcibly coerced, she was just a young child and everyone around her cared more for their own interests than the sport and little Elena.

I'm speaking more towards the future of tennis and sports in general ... Elena could have had a long illustrious competitive future in gymnastics but was gambled off for a chance of gold at the 80 Olympics

If tennis wants to dig themselves out of the current doldrums, they have to think more about the future of tennis than trying to color Serena with that perfect radiant glow of champions

~

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

i was not aware tennis was in doldrums, it is only Williams that throws tantrums and expects special treatment, and otherwise confrontational, but other than than there is absolutely nothing wrong with tennis. noting to get out of

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gummug
2 hours ago, third_eye said:

Elena and gymnastics learned a very harsh lesson the hard way ... let's hope sports remembers the lesson

~

 

~

May God rest her soul. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Link

You guys are a little rough of William's.  I loved it when John Mcenroe threw fits.  It was the main reason I watched.

I don't think we are tough enough on her.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
58 minutes ago, Gummug said:

May God rest her soul. 

And may god damn the Soviet monsters that pushed her like that, and then lied about what they had done and what happened to her. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Link

You guys are a little rough of William's.  I loved it when John Mcenroe threw fits.  It was the main reason I watched.

Wow, that’s first bit of class Williams has shown this entire performance, kudos to her. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

An update of sorts...

"A controversial cartoon of Serena Williams published in an Australian newspaper last year did not breach media standards, a press watchdog says.

The cartoon depicted Williams jumping above a broken racquet next to a baby's dummy in the US Open final.

Critics complained that the caricature used racist and sexist stereotypes of African-American people."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-47352854

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
46 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

An update of sorts...

"A controversial cartoon of Serena Williams published in an Australian newspaper last year did not breach media standards, a press watchdog says.

The cartoon depicted Williams jumping above a broken racquet next to a baby's dummy in the US Open final.

Critics complained that the caricature used racist and sexist stereotypes of African-American people."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-47352854

Ha! I didn't know what a "baby's dummy" was! We call that a binky.  :D 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EnderOTD

How dare they criticize a black women for acting like a childish brat with a low understanding of sportsmanship.  Race and sex card fails again.  I wasn’t aware she was born in Africa.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
1 hour ago, EnderOTD said:

How dare they criticize a black women for acting like a childish brat with a low understanding of sportsmanship.  Race and sex card fails again.  I wasn’t aware she was born in Africa.

Don't you know.   You cannot criticize a black person anymore.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

does that mean a black privilege?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EnderOTD
2 hours ago, Myles said:

Don't you know.   You cannot criticize a black person anymore.   

 

Only if they vote Democrat, Black conservatives must be disparaged at every turn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

How did racism and sexism even enter the conversation about a match between two women of color? Seems to me more a matter of parochial nationalism.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
37 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

How did racism and sexism even enter the conversation about a match between two women of color? Seems to me more a matter of parochial nationalism.

liberals-oeryx2.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
1 hour ago, aztek said:

liberals-oeryx2.jpg

Ambassador Mollari must smoke some good weed.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck

how-to-caricature-serena-williams-in-a-s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.