Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Atlantis... in the Sahara?

Unusual Tournament

Is this Atlantis, hiding in plain sight in the Sahara?

richat-structure-file-1120.jpg

The famed lost city of Atlantis may have been found in a rather unlikely place - the Sahara Desert.

According to a YouTube clip uploaded earlier this week that's found a massive audience online, the remains of the ringed city Plato spoke of in the fourth century BC can be found in the African country of Mauritania.

And it's been hiding in plain sight this whole time.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/09/is-this-atlantis-hiding-in-plain-sight-in-the-sahara.html

• Like 3

The diameter of the Eye of the Sahara measures 23.5km, according to Google Map's measuring tool and Atlantis was said to measure 127 Stadia, or in today's terms that is 23.49km.

According to Plato: "There were alternate zones of sea and land encircling each other, there were two of land and three of water.”

He also wrote about a mountain to the north of the city "and encompassing a great plain of an oblong shape in the south”.

According to conspiracy site Joy Lovers: “A quick study of the topography of this area does indeed show a high, mountainous, ridge to the north with a great oval shaped plain to the south.

• Like 1

I always thought Atlantis was a city/island.  Not a geological feature ;)

How, exactly, did the Richat Structure send an army to invade the Meditarranean, only to be defeated by Bronze Age Athens, thousands of years before either the Bronze Age or Athens existed?   Answer than and you may have a case :D 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well my apologies for missing your thread @Eldorado . This is a damn impressive argument.

• Thanks 3

And no, I don't think the structure inspired Plato's description of Atlantis.  Unless he had access to a helicopter?   :P 

• Like 3

The platocopter?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

0_THP_CHP_bond_5663JPG.jpg

The Richat structure is several hundred kilometers inland and significantly above sea level.

On the other hand don't let simple facts like that get in the way of a good story....... right ? :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I hope the two topics get merged. I love it when nothing makes any sense. :lol:

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, seanjo said:

It's Volcanic in nature and is not Man made.

Hmm.. actually.. I'm getting intrigued. A volcano you say ? And Atlantis was destroyed by a gigantic geological event ? Such as... oh I dunno... a volcano, perhaps ? 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

4 hours ago, danydandan said:

The platocopter?

This put the image in my mind of Plato being an ancient Batman....This needs to be made into a movie.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

It's Volcanic in nature and is not Man made.

It's a lava dome. Probably created by some small plume that the continent drifted over when it was moving away from South America

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's a lava dome. Probably created by some small plume that the continent drifted over when it was moving away from South America

Spoil sport. :angry:

• Haha 4

What level of stupid banality does a person need to descend to in order to grant even a smidgen of credibility to this nincompoopery?. 

It's a geological feature, and anyone positing otherwise should have fun poked at them. 

Edited by Jon101
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jon101 said:

What level of stupid banality does a person need to descend to in order to grant even a smidgen of credibility in this nincompoopery?. 

Since you are fairly new here, you are probably unfamiliar with the Risky level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

I might have my definitions wrong.

No you don't. There are many different types of volcanoes. :tu:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gaden said:

Since you are fairly new here, you are probably unfamiliar with the Risky level.

Sadly, I go back as far as he who's name must not be mentioned thrice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Beetlejuice?

Candyman, he means.