Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Musk: 'We are probably living in a simulation'

UM-Bot

4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Hugh assumption.

Sure I do, I play D&D. But we are talking about reality here. When people claim to know the nature of reality I take off my warlock hat and put on my skeptical hat.

Fair enough.  I was banned by my brother and his friends from playing D&D.  They created their own cakewalk dungeons placing incredible weapons and armor to find giving their characters more power than anything the demigods and deities book so one day as the DM I killed them all B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I have three. If I one day write them, it will be sort of an anthology.

Ehhhhhj the Matrix. It's that what they did, specifically Neo isn't it?

Edited by danydandan

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Ehhhhhj the Matrix. It's that what they did, specifically Neo isn't it?

I actually have three totally independent stories. None of them includes a "body used as battery" on the outside.
They are different in perspective and characters. 1 is from within (our reality). 1 is from both. And the last is from the outside.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I actually have three totally independent stories. None of them includes a "body used as battery" on the outside.
They are different in perspective and characters. 1 is from within (our reality). 1 is from both. And the last is from the outside.

Pretty sure Iain M Banks has a culture novel like that. I'll have to think really hard to remember the name. Surface Detail......... I think broached thr subject with simulation wars, where the simulated people in the Wars didn't know they were simulated. I also remember The Algebraist was about how Religions would respond if we were in a simulation.

Count Zero, can't recall the Author, is good too. Philip Dick wrote alot of novels based on a simulation, Darwinia too and my all time favorite The Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe. (Galaxy)

Edited by danydandan

On 9/10/2018 at 8:39 AM, Dark_Grey said:

Geez I thought we liked Elon? Why has everyone done a sudden 180? If his shareholders have a problem with him smoking pot, maybe they should step out of the 1980's and realize it's not a taboo drug any more. Hell, a lot of programmers and app developers are micro-dosing acid, for crying out loud. 

Elon will be fine as long as "the big 3" don't sabatoge the future of Tesla

You mean Volkswagen, Toyota and Honda?  This just sounds like Elon just needs his meds adjusted.

15 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

You mean Volkswagen, Toyota and Honda?  This just sounds like Elon just needs his meds adjusted.

Ford, Chevrolet and GMC. I still don't understand what Elon did or said in this podcast that is out of character for him

If you combine the absurdness of this world, with the common intuition that a creator exists, and add quamtum weirdness - we get a virtual reality, where simulated intelligent people try to run a world (not very successful), and they sense that this is all "made", and the most obvious evidence is found in micro data.

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Nobody forces you to discuss it.

Just like no one asked you for your pointless opinion on my comment. The "Reality is a simulation" theory is all the rage now - I don't believe it and I'm tired of hearing about it and said as much. So what? Does that bother you? Too bad. It's just as valid an opinion as any other.

Edited by moonman

1 minute ago, moonman said:

Just like no one asked you for your pointless opinion on my comment.

I found his opinion very current. Why enter a debate just to tell you dislike it or find it irrelevant? That is truly pointless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

I found his opinion very current. Why enter a debate just to tell you dislike it or find it irrelevant? That is truly pointless.

/\ Another pointless comment.

7 minutes ago, moonman said:

/\ Another pointless comment.

Does two times pointless make a point? Hmmm......

1 minute ago, moonman said:

I'm going with "no" on that.

In your profile you write: Being open-minded is good. Being so open-minded that your brain falls out, not so much.

May I add: Being to narrow-minded might deprive your brain of oxygen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

In your profile you write: Being open-minded is good. Being so open-minded that your brain falls out, not so much.

May I add: Being to narrow-minded might deprive your brain of oxygen.

You could add that, but it's stupid and doesn't fit. In that regard, it's a lot like the "reality is a simulation" theory du jour we have too much of these days.

Edited by moonman

4 minutes ago, moonman said:

You could add that, but it's stupid and doesn't fit. In that regard, it's a lot like the "reality is a simulation" theory.

^ Pointless comment

4 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

Tesla’s are selling faster than they can make them.

that wouldn't be hard.

3 hours ago, danydandan said:

Hugh assumption.

Sure I do, I play D&D. But we are talking about reality here. When people claim to know the nature of reality I take off my warlock hat and put on my skeptical hat.

What if it isn't a simulated reality, but one of pure hallucination?

https://www.businessinsider.com/neuroscientist-explains-why-reality-hallucination-meaning-2018-3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

What if it isn't a simulated reality, but one of pure hallucination?

https://www.businessinsider.com/neuroscientist-explains-why-reality-hallucination-meaning-2018-3

That be cool. But if your hallucinating inside an hallucination what happens?

1 hour ago, moonman said:

Just like no one asked you for your pointless opinion on my comment. The "Reality is a simulation" theory is all the rage now - I don't believe it and I'm tired of hearing about it and said as much. So what? Does that bother you? Too bad. It's just as valid an opinion as any other.

So if you're tired of it then why discuss it?  You must be pretty bored.

• Like 3