Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please help

KarliW

I would LOVE it if someone could help me identify what is happening in my sons room at night! All started when we moved into our new apartment about 2 months ago. When my husband and I attend to him through the night we have noticed a strange green light that is approximately a dime to a quarter in size. As we were always half awake when noticing it we always sleepily put it down to a light coming from outside, although the kids room has a blackout curtain. We also thought for some time that it was a glow from the air purifier, but this light is blue and we have tape over the light to create more darkness for the kids. Until one night I really knew it was something strange when is saw three little green lights, lingering together on his sheet. I immediately placed my hand over the top so as to try to trace the light back to its source, but the lights stayed under my hand!?? It was at this point my son was waking up 4/5 times in the night, upset. He has been found over by his siters bed (who shares a room with him) crying, he has also sat up in his bed saying, 'he can't lie down, there's something there'. We have actually moved his bed away from the window, to another wall in the room, but they have followed him there.  I would just really like to know WHAT these green lights are! Is there anything we can do to make my sons nights sleep restful and not spooky!!!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Please help

If you can actually put your hand on these often seen lights and they don't disappear while trying to trace them back to the source, it shouldn't be very hard to document them and figure it out.

Like they say, if you want spooky things to go away, all you have to do is set up a video camera.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, KarliW said:

I immediately placed my hand over the top so as to try to trace the light back to its source, but the lights stayed under my hand!?? 

Whoa dude, now that's interesting. Of course I can't tell you anything with certainty but from my decades of trying to learn about the paranormal my first thought is protective energy spirits that often surround very little ones. These often appear as mysterious orbs in the nursery. I think these energies are positive but the unknown is scary to a small child. I predict this problem will dissipate with time.  Again, I can't know for sure but these are my first thoughts and just take them as food for thought.

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments! It is very difficult to find info on this type of thing and I think its mostly only worrying, because its unknown. My husband and I have never felt scared or a negative vibe when we see them, so I guess we can live amicably together until it runs its course. My son has never been a fantastic sleeper so we will coach him through it, although I don't think he really has the aptitude to process yet, he is ALWAYS living in the moment!! :)

10 minutes ago, KarliW said:

Thanks for your comments! It is very difficult to find info on this type of thing and I think its mostly only worrying, because its unknown. My husband and I have never felt scared or a negative vibe when we see them, so I guess we can live amicably together until it runs its course. My son has never been a fantastic sleeper so we will coach him through it, although I don't think he really has the aptitude to process yet, he is ALWAYS living in the moment!! :)

If you feel no negative vibe. Ignore it. Fear makes things like this get worse. Nothing in the spiritual end of things can hurt you and you can rid yourself of it on your own, with your own belief system. It's not the system but the power and intent of your personal belief.

One other thing 

Do NOT pay a psychic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It sounds like you have yourself a mystery there. Cool story. It’s possible your son is drawing these to himself. If he has sleep problems his half states may be because he is gifted in certain ways. Take care and don’t worry to much about it. I would suggest a sleep study for your child though. As a person who went through some of those problems for years, I can tell you it can be terrifying. He may be hiding things that happen to him from you, so make sure he feels comfortable telling you anything. 

• Like 2

No response on taking a video suggestion?

Maybe these mysterious lights can control minds?

These green lights are visible when the light in the room is turned on, or off ?  I do hope you have turned that light on  !

• Like 1

On 10/09/2018 at 7:34 PM, KarliW said:

but they have followed him there

Hi and welcome to UM.

As asked, do you turn on the bedroom light when you go in or are you going in with a light from outside the bedroom on? 

Can you video.the light or take a couple of pictures, including the layout of the doors and windows, shelving with toys on..if any  and the ceiling.

Can not see why you are calling this spooky and hope you are not relaying this feeling to your child, it is extremely unhealthy mentally to portray this belief to a child.....that could give the poor child nightmares and turn them into complete wooses who are afraid of their own shadows, seen this many times before, all because a parent has told their child that ghosts and spirits exist, i am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you would not do such an irresponsible and foolish thing.

Please take note, if you have witnessed something and it is there regularly, when you ask for advise the best thing to do is supply a picture of it so we can see what you are talking about. 

On 11/09/2018 at 9:16 PM, KarliW said:

so I guess we can live amicably together until it runs its course.

? Huh ? Its a light from something, somewhere, I do not understand, how and why would you refer to it as "it" and "live amicably together"?  ?  ? Or do.you mean if it is something which work on batteries...run its course til the batteries run out? Are you looking around the room for things with a battery in? 

Do you have a carbon monoxide or fire alarm in your sons bedroom? ( you should have atleast a smoke alarm) .

Please get some pictures on here,  some are calling this a cool story, , but it is only a story until you provide us with some photos of the room......nothing wrong with stories, but whem asking for advise you need to give us something to work.on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Do you have a carbon monoxide or fire alarm in your sons bedroom? ( you should have atleast a smoke alarm) .

I don't how modern your ship systems are but those little yellow flashing lights below the wall sensors are quite reassuring to me.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Piney said:

I don't how modern your ship systems are but those little yellow flashing lights below the wall sensors are quite reassuring to me.  

We have them in every room on the boat..have to for our own peace  of mind and to get our boat safety certificate. 

When our lights go out and the pungs go in its pitch black in here...apart from the lights on the warning devices...on that note:

On 10/09/2018 at 7:34 PM, KarliW said:

We also thought for some time that it was a glow from the air purifier, but this light is blue and we have tape over the light to create more darkness for the kids. 

Can you describe the purifyer you have and why the light is there for?

I am asking as i would never cover the light on any device....the light normally works as a warning indicator the device is working properly and that it is on...surely you should not be putting tape on it? 

If you do not want to switch the device off, fine, but to cover the indicator light? ? :wacko:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

*snip* 

If you do not want to switch the device off, fine, but to cover the indicator light? ? :wacko:

Some devices have offensively luminous LED’s, that’s possibly the case.

But, who knows, unless OP answers these questions, which should be simple to answer. Those you asked in your earlier post too.

@KarliW, again, is there any chance of a photo or video of the ‘strange green light’. Thanks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

When our lights go out and the pungs go in its pitch black in here...apart from the lights on the warning devices..

On 9/10/2018 at 2:34 PM, KarliW said:

My only lights are the warning systems and starlight through my skylight. When my environmental system is running I feel like I'm on a starship. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

That's asking for a fire. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's asking for a fire. :blink:

The lights sure are there for a reason, and unless the op's purifyer light is of spotlight size, i can not see how it could create much more darkness to the extent it was causing to much brightness? 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Some devices have offensively luminous LED’s, that’s possibly the case.

But, who knows, unless OP answers these questions, which should be simple to answer. Those you asked in your earlier post too.

@KarliW, again, is there any chance of a photo or video of the ‘strange green light’. Thanks.

All my safety devices have very small lights, some flash every few minutes to indicate they are working, none have bright luminous lighting. Air purifyer lights can be blue...without an bright luminous glow. 

I think it would be safer to turn it in the opposite direction than to cover it up with tape. :wacko:

Hopefully KarliW will be back to answer us. Maybe we are not asking the right questions, hopefully she is open to all questions and not just hoping for paranormal related ones, that would be sad.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Kids toy? 

Posibly.

Earlier i asked for photos of the room, including any shelving with toys on. 

Waiting for reply.

• Like 1

Hi guys, 

Sorry it has taken a while to respond I am currently in Australia holidaying with the family. 

Ill try to answer all questions but sorry won't be able to provide photos till we get back. 

When we go into the room to help our son we don't turn the lights on. I haven't properly experimented whether they disappear once the lights are on, as I don't want to wake him (or his sister) up fully. 

Absolutely no fire danger regarding blue LED light, it is just an extremely bright light in dark of night. A small piece of masking tape does the trick. (Off topic BTW)

The kids have soft/snuggle toys in their beds, none of which have batteries. I have ruled this option out as we see the green lights in different areas of the bed and sometimes there are 2 or 3, it just doesn't match up. 

There is no fire alarm in kids room it is in the hall way. 

No I certainly don't try to freak my child out with information on the unknown, and things that I don't even understand. I try my best at all times to comfort him through his sleeps. Ive been watching him for any clues like what pictures he draws, what colors he uses, and new phrases, change in mood etc. To me it seems he is so present that by morning he is not bothered. 

My original intent for this post was to see if I could find anyone who has had a similar experience, and some comments have provided me comfort which I'm thankful for. I have also spoken to older family members which has given me some peace also. 

Ill check back again when we land back in USA. 

Cheers!

I would LOVE it if someone could help me identify what is happening in my sons room at night! All started when we moved into our new apartment about 2 months ago. When my husband and I attend to him through the night we have noticed a strange green light that is approximately a dime to a quarter in size.

Two possibilities, both involving green LED lights:

Apartments typically have forced air heating/cooling units in most rooms, as well as extractor fans (in the bathroom and sometimes adjoining bedrooms) They often have LED indicator lights which you can see if you look behind the fan grilles). Sometimes these lights are blue, as they are in my case, but green is usually the standard colour.

The other possibility is that the green light is coming from an emergency ballast lamp (assuming your son's room has one).

Suggest you consult building maintenance to help you pinpoint the light source.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Suggest you consult building maintenance to help you pinpoint the light source.

Are we forgetting what was actually in the OP story: 

Until one night I really knew it was something strange when is saw three little green lights, lingering together on his sheet. I immediately placed my hand over the top so as to try to trace the light back to its source, but the lights stayed under my hand!??

@KarliW  This doesn't sound like anything a building maintenance guy is going to help you with.  I do hope though that when you return from holiday that you tell us of any new events as this case has got me intrigued. I believe from people I respect that orb forms are the easiest (lowest energy) form some entities can take. And that they are not uncommonly seen around sleeping babies and are generally a positive protective presence.

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Are we forgetting what was actually in the OP story: 

Until one night I really knew it was something strange when is saw three little green lights, lingering together on his sheet. I immediately placed my hand over the top so as to try to trace the light back to its source, but the lights stayed under my hand!??

I'm quite aware of what the OP wrote. I'm also aware of her cognitive bias, and yours.

The light source, by the way, may not be directly overhead. Furthermore, I see no harm in taking a few minutes to check behind the grilles, or consult a maintenance manager. I also highly doubt that her son's issues have anything to do with the green lights, and it's a disservice to him to attribute his night terrors to paranormal activity, especially when there is no substantive evidence to back that claim. Furthermore, insisting the lights are paranormal, whilst at the same time dissuading the person from exploring alternative, more logical, explanations, is not only misguided, it's irresponsible.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Furthermore, insisting the lights are paranormal, whilst at the same time dissuading the person from exploring alternative, more logical, explanations, is not only misguided, it's irresponsible.

Thank you!

As we were always half awake

I think the answer is right here. Might have been a visual hallucination due to being half asleep. Still, check for anything that might have caused it. Others have suggested maintenance. I just through of something. If you looked at the humidifier when you went into the room, the light might have created an after image in your eye. Similar to looking at the sun on a reflective surface for a brief second, you get that spot. It might be this.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I'm quite aware of what the OP wrote. I'm also aware of her cognitive bias, and yours.

I think the below  is the strong cognitive bias here.

24 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

The light source, by the way, may not be directly overhead. Furthermore, I see no harm in taking a few minutes to check behind the grilles, or consult a maintenance manager. I also highly doubt that her son's issues have anything to do with the green lights, and it's a disservice to him to attribute his night terrors to paranormal activity, especially when there is no substantive evidence to back that claim. Furthermore, insisting the lights are paranormal, whilst at the same time dissuading the person from exploring alternative, more logical, explanations, is not only misguided, it's irresponsible.

No, there is not a thing wrong with a thing I said. They were all well justified comments. I don't live in a world where considering the paranormal when the facts suggest that possibility is taboo. The paranormal does happen and it should be considered when a case warrants that consideration.