Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Idlib under siege; Syrian rebels' last stand?

The Caspian Hare

https://www.france24.com/en/20180909-syria-idlib-air-strikes-civilians-tehran-summit

Syria's last major rebel bastion Idlib was Saturday targeted by the "most violent" Russian air strikes in a month, a monitor said, after the failure of a three-way summit on the Syrian conflict.

The renewed strikes came a day after the leaders of rebel backer Turkey and regime allies Russia and Iran failed at the summit in Tehran to agree on how to stave off a threatened offensive on the northwestern province of Idlib.

Aid organisations have warned that any military campaign to retake the region of nearly three million people on the Turkish border could spark one of the worst humanitarian disasters in Syria's seven-year war.

On Saturday, dozens of Russian air raids hit southern and southeastern areas of Idlib province, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group said.

Russia has been basically threatening the U.S. with attack in the northeast of the country, in the same area where Wagner group lost a few hundred Mercenaries.  Since there are no forces in that region to attack anyone, are they threatening to use their cruise missiles?  That region is going to become a conflagration if they do that and kill Americans.

6 hours ago, and then said:

Russia has been basically threatening the U.S. with attack in the northeast of the country, in the same area where Wagner group lost a few hundred Mercenaries.  Since there are no forces in that region to attack anyone, are they threatening to use their cruise missiles?  That region is going to become a conflagration if they do that and kill Americans.

America is an unchecked force, they are basically occupying syria and acting as if they are the victims,

and every body in the world now is anticipating the false chemical attack to give USA a reason to bomb more people, just no body can do anything about it except a few and that include Russia

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, seanjo said:

And what are Russia?

Invited guests in Syria

• Like 3

I'm glad for once the US is only a tangent player here. The rebels won't allow civilians to leave. Assad will move on the Jihadi rebels, most of which would rather see our death than our help. Russia will get some long range target practice along with a few other excursions while Turkey will keep trying to decide what to do and ultimately do nothing but protect their border from more refugees. There is nothing America can or should need to do.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 2:07 AM, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

America is an unchecked force, they are basically occupying syria and acting as if they are the victims,

and every body in the world now is anticipating the false chemical attack to give USA a reason to bomb more people, just no body can do anything about it except a few and that include Russia

The U.S. will stay in Syria for as long as the Iranians stay.  If we leave before that, Israel will probably take matters into their own hands and make total war on Syria until the Iranians are forced to leave.  Iran has made its plans toward Israel abundantly clear and they will not allow Iran to turn Syria into another Lebanon.  They will be faced with war and they know it.  I hope they devastate the Iranian presence to the point where it causes internal strife in Iran.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, and then said:

The U.S. will stay in Syria for as long as the Iranians stay.  If we leave before that, Israel will probably take matters into their own hands and make total war on Syria until the Iranians are forced to leave.  Iran has made its plans toward Israel abundantly clear and they will not allow Iran to turn Syria into another Lebanon.  They will be faced with war and they know it.  I hope they devastate the Iranian presence to the point where it causes internal strife in Iran.

no usa will get the hell out and iran will stay until we tell them not to, this is our country not yours

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

no usa will get the hell out and iran will stay until we tell them not to, this is our country not yours

Good luck with that desire.  The U.S. has no interest in your country.  WE have an interest in trying to restrain the IDF from kicking the **** out of your country and causing even more instability.  It is IRAN that wants to build up Shia militias and arms caches so they can threaten Israel.  Do you REALLY want war to continue?  Is it that important to you that the Persians (who HATE Arabs) are in a position to kill Jews and destroy Israel?  If it is then you and your fellow citizens deserve everything you get from this point forward.

7 minutes ago, and then said:

Good luck with that desire.  The U.S. has no interest in your country.  WE have an interest in trying to restrain the IDF from kicking the **** out of your country and causing even more instability.  It is IRAN that wants to build up Shia militias and arms caches so they can threaten Israel.  Do you REALLY want war to continue?  Is it that important to you that the Persians (who HATE Arabs) are in a position to kill Jews and destroy Israel?  If it is then you and your fellow citizens deserve everything you get from this point forward.

well no i don't want iran to stay in my country either, they are expected to leave at a later date to restore normal situation before crisis, but iran was invited by the Syrian government where there is coordination between the two, the same goes for Russia...

• Thanks 2

It will be hard to root out ISIS among a civilian population especially when ISIS uses civilians as shields. If the Russians and Syrians do it, there will be civilian losses that will be inevitable in urban warfare, and such a large number of fighters to root out. If the U.S gets involved for any reason the war will drag on potentially killing more civilians over the long run.

Hang in there the-unexpected-soul.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

well no i don't want iran to stay in my country either, they are expected to leave at a later date to restore normal situation before crisis, but iran was invited by the Syrian government where there is coordination between the two, the same goes for Russia...

Unless Israel or the U.S. FORCES Iran out of "your" country, they will never leave.  Assad is a puppet now and he has to ask permission from his handlers in Tehran and Moscow.  So much for him and his power.  I hope you get your country back someday and it will completely return to peace but until the warmongering mullahs in Tehran have been stopped, it isn't likely to happen.  Do you agree with what they've done in Lebanon?  THAT'S what they are planning to do in your country as well.

8 hours ago, and then said:

Unless Israel or the U.S. FORCES Iran out of "your" country, they will never leave.  Assad is a puppet now and he has to ask permission from his handlers in Tehran and Moscow.  So much for him and his power.  I hope you get your country back someday and it will completely return to peace but until the warmongering mullahs in Tehran have been stopped, it isn't likely to happen.  Do you agree with what they've done in Lebanon?  THAT'S what they are planning to do in your country as well.

I think you're overblowing it. Russia and Iran have every interests in a strong, stable and independant Syria as it was before the Civil war. You see, Assad was already a friend of Moscow and Terhan before all of this started...And thats why the warhawks in Washington advocated regime change.

Edited by NewAge1

57 minutes ago, NewAge1 said:

I think you're overblowing it. Russia and Iran have every interests in a strong, stable and independant Syria as it was before the Civil war. You see, Assad was already a friend of Moscow and Terhan before all of this started...And thats why the warhawks in Washington advocated regime change.

So, you don't believe Iran has an ulterior motive of positioning themselves in Syria as they have in Lebanon?  What part of 80,000 militia, advanced missiles, and missile manufacturing facilities supports your idea?  These are facts and their modus operandi is exactly as it was with Hizballah in Lebanon.  Assad doesn't need to be worried about DC, he REALLY needs to worry about how Israel reacts to a stubborn Iranian attempt to box Israel in with an ever-strengthening threat.  They've made it very clear that they will go to war with Iran, IN Iran if need be to stop such a buildup.  Israel could totally devastate the portions of Syria that are still intact if they choose to do.

23 hours ago, and then said:

So, you don't believe Iran has an ulterior motive of positioning themselves in Syria as they have in Lebanon?  What part of 80,000 militia, advanced missiles, and missile manufacturing facilities supports your idea?  These are facts and their modus operandi is exactly as it was with Hizballah in Lebanon.  Assad doesn't need to be worried about DC, he REALLY needs to worry about how Israel reacts to a stubborn Iranian attempt to box Israel in with an ever-strengthening threat.  They've made it very clear that they will go to war with Iran, IN Iran if need be to stop such a buildup.  Israel could totally devastate the portions of Syria that are still intact if they choose to do.

I think Assad made a succesful case for himself. He positioned the Syrian regime as a firewall against the influence of Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Israel and the U.S. That is why both Terhan and Moscow are willing to commit the ressources (millitiamen, weapons, military bases) to prop up the Syrian government.

Edited by NewAge1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NewAge1 said:

I think Assad made a succesful case for himself. He positioned the Syrian regime as a firewall against the influence of Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Israel and the U.S. That is why both Terhan and Moscow are willing to commit the ressources (millitiamen, weapons, military bases) to prop up the Syrian government.

Well, let's just wait and see how that works out for Syria, shall we?

UN official data shows that about 10 thousand of terrorists are in Idlib. There are plenty more than that i believe for logical reasons. Since all those who rejected reconciliation deal with Syria were getting transported in Idlib i just can't imagine how hard it must be for any civilian who didn't flee his or hers home. And their numbers might be very high.

To live under their rule is many times worse than living under Stalin for example ( crazy statement but it has weight ). Meanwhile, MSM and all terror supporting countries cry for Idlib. 

I did not hear cries about Raqqa. The hypocrisy is becoming unbearable and insulting to ones intelligence.

FSA or rebels do have people in Idlib but majority of those are head chopping terrorists ( you remember little Palestinian kid? ). SAA has to act fast.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

UN official data shows that about 10 thousand of terrorists are in Idlib. There are plenty more than that i believe for logical reasons. Since all those who rejected reconciliation deal with Syria were getting transported in Idlib i just can't imagine how hard it must be for any civilian who didn't flee his or hers home. And their numbers might be very high.

To live under their rule is many times worse than living under Stalin for example ( crazy statement but it has weight ). Meanwhile, MSM and all terror supporting countries cry for Idlib. 

I did not hear cries about Raqqa. The hypocrisy is becoming unbearable and insulting to ones intelligence.

FSA or rebels do have people in Idlib but majority of those are head chopping terrorists ( you remember little Palestinian kid? ). SAA has to act fast.

If there were 10X that number, it would still be one-sided against such a force as what Syria is going to bring against them.  I don't care which side wins because I don't know which side is worse.  I just know that any of them would cheerfully kill me if I were there.  For the sake of regional stability and hopefully an end to the slaughter of innocents, I hope Iran will be forced out soon.  If they stay, the war is just going to get worse and worse for everyone.  There is a Bible prophecy about Damascus being literally destroyed to the point of being uninhabitable, OVERNIGHT, and I think it could happen because of a war between Israel and Iran's militias and missiles.  If Iran leaves, Israel will have no reason to continue the conflict there.  Hell, even the U.S. could get out and come home.  I'm all for that outcome!

just an update on Idlib province... Russia and Turkey have signed an agreement to create safe corridors and effectively shut the entire area off from Syria to better prepare for Assad's eventual takeover. this is important since there is no motive for either side to stage false flag chemical attacks anymore. funny that this occurred on the same day that the Russian military plane was shot down in unclear circumstances. 

On 9/16/2018 at 10:16 AM, and then said:

If there were 10X that number, it would still be one-sided against such a force as what Syria is going to bring against them.  I don't care which side wins because I don't know which side is worse.  I just know that any of them would cheerfully kill me if I were there.  For the sake of regional stability and hopefully an end to the slaughter of innocents, I hope Iran will be forced out soon.  If they stay, the war is just going to get worse and worse for everyone.  There is a Bible prophecy about Damascus being literally destroyed to the point of being uninhabitable, OVERNIGHT, and I think it could happen because of a war between Israel and Iran's militias and missiles.  If Iran leaves, Israel will have no reason to continue the conflict there.  Hell, even the U.S. could get out and come home.  I'm all for that outcome!

There is no proof that Iran has ever had troops on Syrian soil BUT they have advisers and generals there because they were invited by Syrian government. It's really funny for me to see how there is large outcry when SAA is advancing but there was a lot of 'entertainment' when militants were chopping heads off of little boys, when they were caging civilians and parading them locked up in cages like cattle. There was no outcry and not even media coverage. If not for Venessa Beley and few more brave woman we would not know anything else than what MSM serves us.

War is slowly getting into it's 8th year and everyone, from China over Europe to America, everyone played a part there. Israel uses Iran presence as a ceasus beli against Syria. After IAF's 200th air strike on Syria (since 2011) this is more than obvious. There was no Iranian military in Syria in 2011 but Israeli Air Force targeted Syrian Air Defense systems back then. Actually, air defense was the main and the first target when uprising started.

Peoples revolution surely has air defense batteries as first target. Anyhow, with Syria destroyed Israel has only Iran to think about, Egypt has fallen under Zionist influence long time ago, Jordan, UAE, SA... All in bed together.

Yinon plan is working or Iran has became too aggressive? There is no third answer.

And i was sure that Israel gave up on regional domination after their Letani project was broken into pieces. 

It's all deception. Just like IL-20 as of recent. Russia and Syria have joined and integrated their air defense and forces long time ago. For knowledgeable military person this information means a lot.

I just don't know what we can expect now but i am sure that Damascus won't fall or be destroyed. It's worlds heritage. When majority of people in the region were nomads Damascus was metropolis :)

Research and presentation from Jake Morphonios - warning about the extreme danger brewing
in Syria .... and how US troops are being used as human shields....... for so called moderate
rebels that everyone seems to now understand are Al Qaeda / Islamic State / and other similar
groups of Islamists and terrorists who are being trained armed and unleashed against the Syrian
and Russian troops who are trying to hold back the terrorists and mercenaries....trained and
armed by the US (and Britain) ... but really the US and British troops are themselves being
used as proxy armies for the Warmongering Globalist Agenda...

Let's hope Trump has not lost his mind to the warmongering globalists and isn't about to make the
mistake of his life by giving them WW3 and at the same time taking the blame historically for it...
(that's if there is a historic record after WW3 involving the US and Russia... escalating into heaven knows what...)

Trump had better start calculating how many ''' beautiful babies''' will be killed, maimed, orphaned and made
homeless if escalates the war in Syria... does he want that on his conscience and as his epitaph..

US troops being used as human shields in Syria.....
( to save Islamic terrorist / Al Qaeda type groups...and help bring down Assad)
To help steal Syria from the Syrian People..

How mind numbingly shocking is that...

And when it could lead to the death of many many millions of people.....and destroy civilization
as we know it... the possibilities are beyond shocking... 

I made very brief and scratchy notes with approximate times.... 

12 mins... US troops as human shields
27 mins... US troops used as human shields
30 mins... Russia / Syria warning US about coming attack on Idlib mercenaries and terrorist groups and invaders..
31 mins... Russia / Syria trying to get US to get their troops out of the way..
32 mins... Us responds by putting more troops in..
36 mins... Jake appeals to fellow Americans and says you either support Trump or the constitution on this..
37 mins... "Things are getting very dangerous over there right now" ...(quote Jake)
39 mins... "The dogs of war have clearly been taken off the leash"... (quote Jake)
42 mins... discusses the role of Rupert Murdoch (owner of Fox News) and how this could be influencing Trump..

I'm just imagining the glee of the Globalists if they think they have maneuvered Trump into escalating the
war in Syria and that it could quickly turn into something very very nasty for the whole world... :(
and the icing on the cake for them.... Trump will get the blame (as he deserves to if he is crazy enough
to endorse it....)

LIVE: US Troops Being Used as Human Shields in #Syria

On 9/16/2018 at 8:46 AM, Sir Smoke aLot said:

the civilians in Syria... like the civilians in Iraq and Libya... are just pawns in merciless war games...
 just like the Western troops are...

I remember seeing an old Syrian woman on the news... crying and scared in a little boat bobbing around dangerously
on the sea heading for Greece... she shouldn't have been there, she should have been safe in
her house in her town or village... surrounded by her family and grand kids... but the warmongers had
NO MERCY for her and they have have no mercy for anyone... 

the cruelty and lack of mercy shown to fellow human beings is unbearable.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, bee said:

the civilians in Syria... like the civilians in Iraq and Libya... are just pawns in merciless war games...

The brutality of earlier times seems not so harsh when compared to what we are seeing today. I can't believe that i am actually saying this but i believe it's true. Everyone is a player in this brutal game and, as you said, civilians are just pawns today. Some time ago the 'pawn' was infantry. 

On 9/20/2018 at 5:21 AM, Sir Smoke aLot said:

I just don't know what we can expect now but i am sure that Damascus won't fall or be destroyed. It's worlds heritage. When majority of people in the region were nomads Damascus was metropolis

You say so...  Just because it is ancient doesn't mean it is mystically protected from modern warfare aligned with ancient hatreds.  The U.S. is not interfering in Idlib and will take no stance in Syria other than to support our ally, Israel against Iran's buildup of forces preparatory to besieging Israel.  If Iran withdraws, the U.S. would have no justifiable reason to be there.  Those who say we have no right because we weren't invited are ridiculous.  We weren't "invited" into Germany or Italy in WWII, either.  If Iran is allowed to continue building its forces in Syria then the world will see a major conflagration there because Israel views such a buildup as a true red line.  Make no mistake, they WILL fight for their survival using every weapon at their disposal.  I'd say having a few thousand U.S. troops in between them and such an attack is a good thing for the world.

3 hours ago, and then said:

You say so...  Just because it is ancient doesn't mean it is mystically protected from modern warfare aligned with ancient hatreds.  The U.S. is not interfering in Idlib and will take no stance in Syria other than to support our ally, Israel against Iran's buildup of forces preparatory to besieging Israel.  If Iran withdraws, the U.S. would have no justifiable reason to be there.  Those who say we have no right because we weren't invited are ridiculous.  We weren't "invited" into Germany or Italy in WWII, either.

You are not at war with Syria. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Setton said:

You are not at war with Syria. 

We weren't at war with the aforementioned until they went to war with the UK, either.  An ally, recall?  Only a foolish or truly ignorant individual can look at that region and not see what Iran's goals are vis a vis Israel.  Our options are to try to keep the two separated or let them have at it.  I happen to believe that leaving Israel to its own devices will quickly lead to a conflagration in the ME.