Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Visions while awake

Sonyab

2 hours ago, Sonyab said:

It's only happened to me a couple of times, but I am seeing people in what looks like a cave. 

Could you possibly throw in more detail? 

• Like 2

Have we not had this before or i am having de ja vue?

Anyway,  yes we really need some more details.

Do you ever suffer from migraines?

Are you on any medication? 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Thanks 1

Is Sonyab still awake? 

• Like 1

Sounds like someone's watching too much Candle Cove on Channel Zero.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nope. Not on medication. Not watching Candle Cove. Not hallucinations.  Why explain if you all just want to poke fun? Just looking for other people who have experienced what I have. Not trying to say I’m psychic, telepathic or special.  It’s just something I saw when I had my eyes closed. Was not asleep when I saw these things.  Kinda sucks when someone is just trying to find out if anyone else has had the same experience and someone chimes in poking fun at someone who is not provoking anyone.  Makes it hard to share. 

• Like 3

Could be someone trying to channel you that is trapped in a cave or mine,its hard to say,see if you can see more details if you have this vision again.75% of people on here are skeptics ,non believers,if you stay on here you'll learn which are to be ignored.There's plenty of open people on here which like to discuss these things.You can tell the skeptics by the dim witted remarks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aztek said:

aren't visions while awake called hallucinations?

No there called visions,when your asleep there dreams.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sonyab said:

Nope. Not on medication. Not watching Candle Cove. Not hallucinations.  Why explain if you all just want to poke fun? Just looking for other people who have experienced what I have. Not trying to say I’m psychic, telepathic or special.  It’s just something I saw when I had my eyes closed. Was not asleep when I saw these things.  Kinda sucks when someone is just trying to find out if anyone else has had the same experience and someone chimes in poking fun at someone who is not provoking anyone.  Makes it hard to share. 

Here's a serious thought. I believe in reincarnation. Have you considered this could be a past life recall image?

The most constructive advice I can offer is to have a journal and write down these things and date them as exactly as you can recall as they happen. I also advise you to participate and read and learn what sounds right and what sounds totally wrong and keep your cards closer to your chest.

I do not think of things I may see or dream or sudden insights I get as being some psychic power. I see them as normal for ME. My job is to learn them and discern over time what the things I see mean to me, and what they are good for (or not). The cave may be symbolic of something buried or hidden or sub-conscious. The cave might be literal and you seeing something which will happen, or already did, or might, or never did but is an idea for a story from one of your creatives parts inside you. Time will tell you this, we get in too much of a rush and expect to go online, google, post and get The Answer. It doesn't work that way. I been at this for decades. I still have questions.

But, as you come to know what it is you see and how reliable or not it is, you will be better able to deal with the negativity such efforts seem to always attract.

Journal -- nobody does it and is sorry later for not having a good resource to check up on yourself and verify memories.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sonyab said:

I asked you if you suffer from migraines..do you?

You have now added that you saw this when you were wide awake BUT with your eyes closed. It is posible you had a lucid dream.

Your 1st post was very short. Are you looking for an explanation to what you saw are just wanted to share it?

If you only want to share it, Maybe you already think you know what this is.....care to share that? 

Edited by freetoroam

It just reminded me of a show on SyFy. 

I've never had any waking visions of caves. 

Were you in bed at the time?

Do you live near caves?

Do you visit or have visited a cave?

Did you watch a programme about them?

Do you recognise faces or remember the people you see when you have your eyes closed?

How about how everyone in the world knew about those kids in the cave, recently. 

That could have made some kind of impression.

18 hours ago, Sonyab said:

Didn't I already answer this? Or has it been forgotten so soon?

15 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

It just reminded me of a show on SyFy. 

I've never had any waking visions of caves. 

Were you in bed at the time?

It's a product of the subconscious. Probably an unconscious worry popping into mind. Sometimes this happens to me, mostly concerning something I hadn't thought about in ages. It was pumpkin pie last time. Which made me crave it. So hurry up thanksgiving. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 9 months later...

Hi, i don't know if you ever found out about your visions. But while looking for a specific word which I forgot about, which describes, the types of visions you got, and which are the ones I receive, but with my eyes open, i came upon this topic. The way i receive them are, if I am listening the tv, radio, or someone tells me something, or even doing a cross word puzzle. 

Example:

On TV if I am doing something and the news are on and even if I am not paying attention to them, things pop to my mind and I would say it out loud. If someone is with me, i would tell them. They would look at me as if I am crazy. The way it happens is, as if a thought pops out of no where, without you even trying 

The same goes with the radio

Crossword puzzles, I find words at the first glance.

I am a 90% empath which can be horrible, but amazing too 

***What you had were no hallucinations, nor dreams, nor premonitions.***

Hallucinations*** you needed to be high or under a medication that causes those type of behaviours, like lyrica or other hallucinogenics. Which, one time happened to me with lyrica.

Dreaming- you said you just closed your eyes. Another thing, it would be good to know for how long you did it. I actually can close my eyes and immediately have lucid dreaming. They feel as if I am awake, and as if it is a long, long movie. Another thing, specifics of your dream

Premonitions-- When the dream or the visions are prophetic or are a premonition, they are repetitive. I am not saying they will happened every single day. But they will repeat every week, every month, every year, every 2 years etc. I do have those. 

So, what you had, were visions

***It is said that sometimes there are glitches on the dimensions, and we end up seen things we aren't supposed to see until we're are dead***

Since you only had 2 visions, i can't say you are psychic, an empath, etc. But, i think you were able to sense something at that time.

I was advised, never to ignore the power I have, because if I do, i would loose that power.

So, you may had more signs coming to you before, but ignored them at the time, or brushed them off.

Edited by Kokoro
  • Like 1

I would write down every time it happens. 

I got this also, but it's nothing that I can control, it's very spontaneous. 

I remember always my pictures, most of them are in the night with a lot of exotic trees and plants, with a dark blue sky. 

Very often I see a white wall in a room, with sometimes a plant and some paintings or pictures. 

Now I have learned to not move away my eye so I can continue watching all those pictures. I don't know exactly how it comes but it's the eyes, they have to be in a special position.. 

I will also paint the picture.. And save It somewhere. It's an interesting thing, pictures with closed eyes WITHOUT SLEEPING!! 

Good luck!! 

Edited by Casa Concha
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 11:12 PM, Sonyab said:

Yes I do believe you can see things when awake. What you need to ask yourself is what, or why was this cave scenery placed upon your mind? Try and do a take away. In other words, weed out what you know it couldn’t be and then start placing memories of the five senses in before-during- after the pictograph. That is what I call them. I get pictures in my head/mind like a Live Photo of things. So yes, a little more info would help narrow it down. Good luck. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 2:31 AM, Kokoro said:

Hi, i don't know if you ever found out about your visions. But while looking for a specific word which I forgot about, which describes, the types of visions you got, and which are the ones I receive, but with my eyes open, i came upon this topic. The way i receive them are, if I am listening the tv, radio, or someone tells me something, or even doing a cross word puzzle. 

Example:

On TV if I am doing something and the news are on and even if I am not paying attention to them, things pop to my mind and I would say it out loud. If someone is with me, i would tell them. They would look at me as if I am crazy. The way it happens is, as if a thought pops out of no where, without you even trying 

The same goes with the radio

Crossword puzzles, I find words at the first glance.

I am a 90% empath which can be horrible, but amazing too 

***What you had were no hallucinations, nor dreams, nor premonitions.***

Hallucinations*** you needed to be high or under a medication that causes those type of behaviours, like lyrica or other hallucinogenics. Which, one time happened to me with lyrica.

Dreaming- you said you just closed your eyes. Another thing, it would be good to know for how long you did it. I actually can close my eyes and immediately have lucid dreaming. They feel as if I am awake, and as if it is a long, long movie. Another thing, specifics of your dream

Premonitions-- When the dream or the visions are prophetic or are a premonition, they are repetitive. I am not saying they will happened every single day. But they will repeat every week, every month, every year, every 2 years etc. I do have those. 

So, what you had, were visions

***It is said that sometimes there are glitches on the dimensions, and we end up seen things we aren't supposed to see until we're are dead***

Since you only had 2 visions, i can't say you are psychic, an empath, etc. But, i think you were able to sense something at that time.

I was advised, never to ignore the power I have, because if I do, i would loose that power.

So, you may had more signs coming to you before, but ignored them at the time, or brushed them off.

Great feed back!! Being an empath is exhausting. I have Pictographs/Premonitions like a Live Photo of something. They seem to be helpful, right, and scary at the same time. 

• Like 1

Empathy is caused by mirror neurons. It's not psychic at all. So no self-proclaimed psychic empath exist.

• Like 2

Here in Mexico we have a lot of beliefs about those visions, indigenous people often tell stories about being presented to these visions while they are awake. These visions come from a past life. It´s believed the little kids (toddlers as you call them) they experienced these things, past lives memories or images. One of my cousins, learned to speak at 1 year old, and he used to say, he could see a cabin made of branches and mud, and that he lived there, we didn´t know how he learned about those words (cabaña, ramas, lodo (cabin, branches, mud) he was 1 yo. Later we asked him about that when he was three, and he didn´t remember. I believe you, keep your open mind, it will let you see thing no one else can. I love my culture, it has many stories like yours, but we respect them.  (sorry bout my english)

PS. Our indigenous people don´t even have TV, don´t even know about psyquics, or scientific terms, they just experience nature as it comes. Overthinking these things with paradigmas made of human ideas, just happen to close the conscience eventually. 

Edited by syelok
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/11/2018 at 1:09 PM, Sonyab said:

It's only happened to me a couple of times, but I am seeing people in what looks like a cave. 

This has happened to me less than several times in my life. Since the age of 12 to about age 30, I studied myself and my dreams.

A number of my dreams were visions. Some were symbolic. If I had bad visions, especially about family, I would tell them ahead of time so that they could avoid the bad stuff from happening.

As far as the visions that I had while being awake, I can count on one hand concerning how many of those that I had in my lifetime. There was meaning behind each and every one of them.

One of them was about my middle sister. Even though she was awake in the next room, I had a vision while awake that she was obese. Then, I had a dream while sleeping about her being obese with make-up, wearing longer hair, and having a boyfriend.

That happened 24 years ago. As soon as this happened to me, I immediately solved what happened and told her. I informed her to watch what she was eating and exercise, to prevent getting obese. Did she listen!:blink: No! Fastforward 24 years: She is obese, wearing wigs because she does not like to comb her hair.:no:

As far as a boyfriend, she has had a few lousy sexual partners (not anyone steady). Her case is so, so sad. :blush:I just had a vision while awake before I succumbed to slumber very early this morning.

It was about my half African nephew. My sister had him last year. My vision while awake was about him walking in the room that I share with a few family members.

He walks in this room a lot of times while some of us are sleeping. I happened to talk to him as I laid down to close my eyes, telling my other nephew to grab him, because he's about to meddle something and God forbid hurt himself.

My nephew told me that the child was not there. The kid is just "born too late", meaning that everyone in the family is now too tired to deal with him.

My sister now has six children. Neither child had a babysitter. When family did not babysit, the children watched each other. I saved this kid before from choking on a screw. This happened while his mom was watching!:cry:

Seeing this, I know that he will be dead if his mom does not watch him. He also "catnaps" for less than 20 minutes.

My family is not used to this. And if I utter what I know, the mother will get volatile.:ph34r: I have to think of something, especially so that the African dad can at least hire a babysitter.

Family has helped watch the other five. Now, everyone is too tired and worn out to even try to deal with child #6. Seeing him walk through that door in front of the light is a horrible sign. He is way too young to be an angel.