Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Russia suspected in Cuba 'sonic attacks'

Recommended Posts

 
paperdyer

And if Russia is to blame, what can/are we going to do about it?  Ask them to apologize?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
Just now, paperdyer said:

And if Russia is to blame, what can/are we going to do about it?  Ask them to apologize?

Valid question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

maybe Mueller can investigate that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highdesert50

My first thought was who had the most to gain by eroding the relationship between Cuba and the United States. And, once the sophistication of the presumed microwave technology emerged, the pool of potential suspects becomes rather small. It will be interesting to see where this mystery takes us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog

That's a lot of paranoid stuff going on...I am  suspecting a lot more that it's a case of bad medication milkshake for Us overseas worker.

Edited by Jon the frog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Jon the frog said:

That's a lot of paranoid stuff going on...I am  suspecting a lot more that it's a case of bad medication milkshake for Us overseas worker.

Most of the Embassy employees were harmed.  That's a LOT of bad "milkshakes".  I'd close the embassy and start microwaving the Russian embassy staff in DC on a regularly scheduled basis.  Turnabout, fair play and all that...  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

Cuba, Russia and the US have a messed up history, Russia loves to sow discord and misinformation/hate...It's quite possible they are behind the embassy "attack".

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss

I watched a show where they interviewed a man that was affected as early as a 2014. I don't think a "bad milkshake" can cause actual symptoms of a concussion or physical changes to the brain. My thought is...how do you develop a countermeasure to something like that? Are we all going to end up with the proverbial foil around the head scenerio?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silver Surfer

Oh how convienient... 

Edited by Silver Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

Amazing. 

They have NO idea what happened to their diplomats. There has been ZERO credible explanation of the symptoms, or how such symptoms could be caused. 

But now its the Russians ? 

WHAT .. exactly.. are  "the Russians" supposed to have done ? Use a "sonic weapon" that does not physically exist and couldn't account for the symptoms ? Use a microwave weapon that does not physically exist and couldn't account for all of the symptoms ? Hey.. I know.. perhaps they used Telekinesis ? Or a Magic Wand ? Or The Force ? 

This is utterly RIDICULOUS. 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UFOwatcher

My first question is why would Russia or any other Country Risk being exposed using a weapon that only sickens people?
Perhaps the sickness was not the intent but rather the activation of surveillance devices activated or powered by the Microwaves? You would think a building such as this in a hostel Country would have built in RF blocking in its walls?

Edited by UFOwatcher
spelling errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Calibeliever
Quote

Evidence from communications intercepts has pointed to Moscow's involvement during the investigation involving the FBI, CIA and other agencies, NBC reported, citing three unidentified US officials and two other people briefed on the probe.

Pretty thin. I'm disappointed at the poor journalistic standards here. "Moscow's involvement" could be interpreted in many ways. There's a lot of finger pointing and not much evidence that anything even actually happened. I'm not saying it did or didn't, I'm just saying if you're going to report something try giving it more substance than hearsay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
On 9/12/2018 at 8:13 AM, RoofGardener said:

Amazing. 

They have NO idea what happened to their diplomats. There has been ZERO credible explanation of the symptoms, or how such symptoms could be caused. 

But now its the Russians ? 

WHAT .. exactly.. are  "the Russians" supposed to have done ? Use a "sonic weapon" that does not physically exist and couldn't account for the symptoms ? Use a microwave weapon that does not physically exist and couldn't account for all of the symptoms ? Hey.. I know.. perhaps they used Telekinesis ? Or a Magic Wand ? Or The Force ? 

This is utterly RIDICULOUS. 

 

I'm not saying these weapons exist, but how do we know for sure what's been developed? I doubt they're gonna spread it around. Maybe if we heard alternate explanations for these illnesses, concussions and physical changes in the brain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog
On 9/11/2018 at 7:28 PM, and then said:

Most of the Embassy employees were harmed.  That's a LOT of bad "milkshakes".  I'd close the embassy and start microwaving the Russian embassy staff in DC on a regularly scheduled basis.  Turnabout, fair play and all that...  

Well, it look a lot like like a ''Gulf war syndrome'' scenario. It was stipulated that the GWS was caused by a bad mix up of medication and vaccination  given to all the troops. Just thinking that the situation look alike, embassy employees getting all their government prescribed overseas medication before going there and getting screwed by it.  Speculation but way better than a cosmic ray or a high power Russian field microwave weapon in Cuba...

Edited by Jon the frog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog
On 9/12/2018 at 7:09 AM, skliss said:

I watched a show where they interviewed a man that was affected as early as a 2014. I don't think a "bad milkshake" can cause actual symptoms of a concussion or physical changes to the brain. My thought is...how do you develop a countermeasure to something like that? Are we all going to end up with the proverbial foil around the head scenerio?

Look at Gulf war syndrome and you will see that bad mix-up of medication and environment can do to the human body...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry

I was hoping President Trump would have improved relations with Russia.  This was one of the issues he campaigned on, and I think it is an admirable goal.  I think President Trump's heart is in the right place.  Unfortunately, earlier in his presidency he seems to have fallen under the influence of neocon advisors which resulted in a soured relationship with the Russians.  Now that the president has been moving steadily towards the America First positions he campaigned on, let us hope relations with Russia can be mended.  I am not saying the Russians shouldn't be held accountable for the "sonic attacks," they certainly should be.  But the ultimate goal should be entente, not another cold war.  Russia is after all, an essential partner in the war against Islamic extremism.  And so is the Syrian government of Bashar al-Assad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
On 9/14/2018 at 11:01 AM, Jon the frog said:

Look at Gulf war syndrome and you will see that bad mix-up of medication and environment can do to the human body...

So apply that to this Cuba situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog
2 hours ago, skliss said:

So apply that to this Cuba situation. 

Well in Canada, use of the military Malaria prescribed medication is more and more looked at for the cause  of military  deployment induced PTSD. If all the employee got the same medication, and they got the same sickness.... it can be related. I found this more plausible than a microwave weapon attack... You can have your opinion too.. Would be still interesting to know if such a weapon can be used to soft disrupt an administrative compound but it's highly doubtful in Cuba, less in Ukraine tho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
On 9/17/2018 at 7:21 PM, Jon the frog said:

Well in Canada, use of the military Malaria prescribed medication is more and more looked at for the cause  of military  deployment induced PTSD. If all the employee got the same medication, and they got the same sickness.... it can be related. I found this more plausible than a microwave weapon attack... You can have your opinion too.. Would be still interesting to know if such a weapon can be used to soft disrupt an administrative compound but it's highly doubtful in Cuba, less in Ukraine tho...

So I went back to the original article...this "sickness" affected 26 people. I have to imagine they weren't all hired at the same time, meaning if they had some sort of vaccination it would not have been from the same batch. And wouldn't others, not based in Cuba, have been affected by this medication as I'm sure they give it based on first come first served, not destination. In fact, if all these people got their shots from their individual general practitioners that negates the possibility they received the same medication from the same source. Is there a medication that can make a permanent physical change to the brain? Medication also doesn't explain the same thing happening as far back as 2014. I think there us still a mystery here yet to be solved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
33 minutes ago, skliss said:

So I went back to the original article...this "sickness" affected 26 people. I have to imagine they weren't all hired at the same time, meaning if they had some sort of vaccination it would not have been from the same batch. And wouldn't others, not based in Cuba, have been affected by this medication as I'm sure they give it based on first come first served, not destination. In fact, if all these people got their shots from their individual general practitioners that negates the possibility they received the same medication from the same source. Is there a medication that can make a permanent physical change to the brain? Medication also doesn't explain the same thing happening as far back as 2014. I think there us still a mystery here yet to be solved.

I'd have to agree with your conclusion Skliss. There is a very good article in the Guardian about the case ..... 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/24/fresh-row-over-mysterious-sickness-affecting-us-diplomats-in-cuba

In a nutshell, there is zero medical evidence of any actual medical condition, whether 'natural' or externally instigated. SOMETHING was wrong with the people effected, but the doctors don't know WHAT was wrong with them, let alone how it happened. 

There is also the epidemiology to consider; multiple people where effected from both the US and Canadian legates. Some complained of symptoms within their respective embassies; others complained of it in their hotel rooms. What is the common factor ? So far, nobody has really come up with anything. Neither microwaves nor sonic waves could effect the US embassy; it is too physically seperate from surrounding buildings to be targeted without also targeting civilian buildings behind it. But there have been no reported cases of symptoms in the civilian population. 

The same is true of the Canadian embassy, which is almost 5 miles away from the US embassy.

Some staff and relatives would sleep at local hotels; or possibly one hotel. However, the Canadian and US staff would sleep in different sections of the hotel, or possibly at a different hotel. No other hotel guests - nor visitors to the respective embassies - have reported symptoms ? 

Once more... whether it is a weapon, poison, a virus.... where is the common link between the locations, and the people ? Why has it targeted THESE people, but no local Cuban civilians ? 

The FBI - in association with the Mounties - should be running background epidemiology on the effected staff, and try and deduce commonalities of movement, diet, other activities etc ... both in Cuba and elsewhere. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
On 9/11/2018 at 3:12 PM, paperdyer said:

And if Russia is to blame, what can/are we going to do about it?  Ask them to apologize?

Have our tough president heap some more praise upon putin and take his word over evidence.

Edited by Robotic Jew
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.