Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eagle lands on fire truck during 9/11 tribute

Eldorado

As Minnesota fire crews gathered to honor and remember the victims of the Sept. 11 terror attacks, a majestic American symbol, the bald eagle, swooped in to join the ceremony.

The eagle's surprise landing while firefighters held their annual 9/11 remembrance on a highway overpass was captured Tuesday morning on Facebook Live video by Andover Fire Chief Jerry Streich.

“Isn’t that unbelievable?” said Streich in the video. “This eagle just landed on the aerial while we’re doing the 9/11 memorial – phenomenal.”

Pics and video: http://www.14news.com/2018/09/12/unbelievable-bald-eagle-lands-fire-truck-during-tribute/

:)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 5

Humans have a long history of superstition with birds.

"It's unbelievable!"

Yeah. Ok.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

“Isn’t that unbelievable?” said Streich in the video. “This eagle just landed on the aerial while we’re doing the 9/11 memorial – phenomenal.”

What's unbelievable? A bald eagle is a fish eating buzzard which gets smacked around by crows and robins. It smelled carrion.

That's why I hate seeing them on Pan-Indian art. They were never sacred to any tribe. Our sacred eagle is the golden eagle. That's actually a pure predator. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, xYlvax said:

Wow you two must be fun at parties

I always wind up smacking someone around at parties so I haven't been to one in about 20 years. :yes:

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Piney said:

I always wind up smacking someone around at parties so I haven't been to one in about 20 years. :yes:

Well that sounds like fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow, I think under the circumstances it was kinda special in a way that such a majestic bird as the Bald Eagle payed tribute. It seems rather fitting. I guess like most things in life, it depends on the way you look at it. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Well that sounds like fun.

Gotta be Irish on the Indian side somewhere cause it's not from the Jowetts. They were such Anglophiles they thought the Continental Germans were comtaminated.

great-grand-mother-irish-princess-marty-two-bulls.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Wow, I think under the circumstances it was kinda special in a way that such a majestic bird as the Bald Eagle payed tribute. It seems rather fitting. I guess like most things in life, it depends on the way you look at it. 

911 happened because the U.S. Government craps where it eats. Like bald eagles......

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Gotta be Irish on the Indian side somewhere cause it's not from the Jowetts. They were such Anglophiles they thought the Continental Germans were comtaminated.

great-grand-mother-irish-princess-marty-two-bulls.jpg

Them Germans are strange though.

• Haha 3

On 9/12/2018 at 6:27 AM, Piney said:

I'll bet it's usually a relative too, isn't it.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I'll bet it's usually a relative too, isn't it.

Or somebody "Garth" or Johnny Rox got fired up. :yes:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

41654880_2273670059527921_5633187141593858048_n.jpg

Is that even remotely true?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

Completely true.

Can you please provide a source or something?

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

FWIW I vaguely recall something along those lines. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, danydandan said:

A source of what? If you are looking for a webpage there is this thing called Google.

54 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

A source of what? If you are looking for a webpage there is this thing called Google.

Something like this.

42 minutes ago, aztek said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Here's a decent read for anyone interested in the Pentagon's book keeping.  An investigative three-parter from Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/pentagon/#article/part1

WTF do they spend the money on? Holy crap like.

Ireland is pretty much a bureaucratic mess but, never heard that amount of money for pay roll. It could literally run our Country here.

That story of Shawn's is tragic, but I assume its an all too often event. Bloody disgusting. For a Country that holds it's army in such esteem and it's veterans in such high regard, you'd think The People would be more p***ed off about it, because apparently the Government doesn't seen to care.

• Like 2

The story currently is that the money is not missing, they just don't know where it is because they can't balance the accounts ...

~

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

The story currently is that the money is not missing, they just don't know where it is because they can't balance the accounts ...

~

I assume that 2 trillion is over the course of a number of years not just a single year is it? Like how bloody big is the defense budget?

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2