Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An ancient cryptozoological artifact

Agishe

43 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

I always wondered about hair shirts...I know they're supposed to be a penance but...they just sound itchy. What's the deal?

In Jewish culture, they were not allowed to harm themselves so they were just course cloth. It Christian culture they were suppose to be uncomfortable and some even painful, causing abrasions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

In Jewish culture, they were not allowed to harm themselves so they were just course cloth. It Christian culture they were suppose to be uncomfortable and some even painful, causing abrasions. 

Ow.... I guess it's the "offer suffering to God for my/others sins" thing? Why not just do things for others and have some real effects? I know.... common sense.... LOL

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2018 at 9:24 AM, Agishe said:

Razumov, maybe it will be better to post fewer pictures, but with a comment on what, where, when?

Do you have anything really rare?

Yes, are you looking for something in particular?

2018_11_19_01_31_05.jpg.ac112c67e74023ef2b0ea00309d3424e.jpg

a Yeren from an unknown source.

• Thanks 1

The theory of Bigfoot has failed to find anything for 50 years, so it is time to throw this theory away and start over.

Modern genetic science has revealed evidence of our ancient interbreeding with Neanderthals, Denisovans, and at least one other unknown hominid. I am looking for that unknown hominid, and I don't know what it is. In order to avoid Bigfoot nonsense contamination, I research premodern artistic and mythological traditions of inhuman bipeds without prior assumptions. My belief is that whatever it was is long extinct, but I do keep an open mind about that. I have a bag full of different Hominid-X theories I use to examine the evidence, some come from science some purely from the folklore.

I have a much higher opinion of the abilities of ancient peoples than most, but I don't expect premodern cultures to produce scientific descriptions. Instead we get myths and artistic traditions. The above is simply a sample of the rich global artistic traditions of inhuman bipeds. Make of them whatever you want. If you have any intelligent questions I will be happy to answer them.

Such material is not scientific and will not produce scientific evidence but it might produce clues to where such evidence could be found. (Anyone here from Abkhazia?) In any case such studies are actually interesting and rewarding, while Bigfootology is depressing and so boring, and the only thing worse is the Bigfoot skeptic. I am writing here for fellow fortean researchers, and to leave a trail of crumbs for those who may follow me down the rabbit hole.

Going back to the OP picture. Might that not be from oral history of memory of Neanderthals? We don't really know if Neanderthals were very hairy, or not, but we do know from their bones that they were cold adapted, so more hair would seem likely.

Neanderthals died out roughly 40,000 years ago, but... Like the mammoths on Wrangle Island, and on the Channel Islands of California, perhaps a relic population held out somewhere (Perhaps in the Balkans) until fairly recent times, and was the root of the various "wild man" myths that can be found across Europe, the Middle East, and Russia.

• Like 1

On 21.11.2018 at 1:09 AM, Razumov said:

Yes, are you looking for something in particular?

2018_11_19_01_31_05.jpg.ac112c67e74023ef2b0ea00309d3424e.jpg

a Yeren from an unknown source.

Definitely not a drawing from an unknown source. Anything BC  With the exact indication of the source

On 11/24/2018 at 11:48 AM, Agishe said:

Definitely not a drawing from an unknown source. Anything BC  With the exact indication of the source

The heads of the creatures in your plate image look like those of satyrs:

5Li9R58o4FnmpNS73Pggd6XKGj2Mx8.jpg

TAURIC CHERSONESOS.Pantikapaion
325 - 300 BC

https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/vaughn_rare_coin_gallery/160/product/x__pantikapaion_325300_bc___21_satyr_head_with_gryphon_reverse/270948/Default.aspx

HR0105.jpg

Veii, 5th Century BC

http://royalathena.com/PAGES/EtruscanCatalog/Terracotta/HR0105.html

AN00983572_001_l.jpg

Etruscan

Date 400BC-300BC

https://www.britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=466757&partId=1&images=true

• Like 1

On 25.11.2018 at 5:34 PM, Razumov said:

The Etruscans are bearded but on the disk of the first message they are without clothes you can guess why?
Either they have been stripped or are these clothes from animal skins.

I looked over the gods of the Etruscans, there one goddess was accompanied by swans and horses and another goddess with wings, which is also on the disk.Also, a man sits on a chair and holds a round stone in his hands (a divination stone?) And Etruscans predicted their destruction.