Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soul transfer

Markus777

No, but some people who've tried acid or mushrooms claim they could communicate telepathicly.

Unfortunately a stoner is not the most reliable witness...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Markus777 said:

Hello do you think it is possible to transfer your conciousness to another body

Depends. Are we talking information transfer? Sort of like downloading you into a new body, but then again it wouldn't be you. It would be someone who thinks they are you.It wouldn't be the original you. Just a copy of you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

No, but some people who've tried acid or mushrooms claim they could communicate telepathicly.

I've never claimed that.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Gorillas like to trip, too

That's really bad on the furniture, but it does keep the spackle stocks up. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Markus777 said:

Hello do you think it is possible to transfer your conciousness to another body and connect your conciousness to another soul?

I think partial and temporary possessions have occurred. Not so sure about permanent ones.

Given that 'you' comprises everything that has happened to you, right up to the moment of death or transfer or copying or whatever, and that even something as tiny as a different neurone path in another person would invalidate a whole pile of stuff, let alone your current thoughts, past memories, etc etc...

Think about it.  The concept is completely daft, and that's why it never has (and never will) happen.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Markus777 said:

Hello do you think it is possible to transfer your conciousness to another body and connect your conciousness to another soul?

I don't think it's possible.  People like Ray Kurzweil think that the soul is nothing more than the electrical impulses within an organic brain/computer and as such that it can become non organically based as a machine and still be that person.  

• Like 1

It might be possible to transfer a memory from one brain to another one, some things I have read reduce this often to chemicals and impulses. It might even be possible someday to "write" a language in quickly for diplomats and such, given more technology and understanding of the brain (purely speculative here). It is strictly data.

But, IMO, the soul is apart from such things. The notion of someday cloning a young body and transferring a person to it to live longer is science fiction and dubious to me. I am not certain you would end with the whole, same person. In my paradigm, you would not. Remains to be seen who is right on that.

• Like 4

Manchurian Candidate 2.0 Ver 4b

Updates Available Now ...

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

It might be possible to transfer a memory from one brain to another one, some things I have read reduce this often to chemicals and impulses. It might even be possible someday to "write" a language in quickly for diplomats and such, given more technology and understanding of the brain (purely speculative here). It is strictly data.

But, IMO, the soul is apart from such things. The notion of someday cloning a young body and transferring a person to it to live longer is science fiction and dubious to me. I am not certain you would end with the whole, same person. In my paradigm, you would not. Remains to be seen who is right on that.

As I read Kurzweil's THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR, I was fascinated by his logic and his explanation of how computer memory and processor speed would keep expanding exponentially until a complete copy of every single synapse and its functionality could be acquired then downloaded into a non-organic memory/processing system.  To him, that meant human beings would become "immortal" to the extent we wished to be.  He was unable to grasp that the soul was not the sum of the parts, so to speak.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

As I read Kurzweil's THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR, I was fascinated by his logic and his explanation of how computer memory and processor speed would keep expanding exponentially until a complete copy of every single synapse and its functionality could be acquired then downloaded into a non-organic memory/processing system.  To him, that meant human beings would become "immortal" to the extent we wished to be.  He was unable to grasp that the soul was not the sum of the parts, so to speak.

Really, this is a common belief under it all, as you know. It is the ultimate rationalistic viewpoint. 

No soul, nothing special, just clever animals. An animal can be downloaded this way, IMO. 

I do not believe a human can be, because essentially, I believe there is more to a human than biologicals.

It becomes a matter of worldview and belief in the very end. No doubt we will see someday, as the curiosity of Mankind knows no boundaries. Then, we will know.

JMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

It becomes a matter of worldview and belief in the very end. No doubt we will see someday, as the curiosity of Mankind knows no boundaries. Then, we will know.

To be honest, I believe it s a case of replacement rather than an extension of the personality

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

To be honest, I believe it s a case of replacement rather than an extension of the personality

~

I think this is what I am fumbling around trying to express. You can have a new "Joe" but it will not still be the original Joe nor will he carry on experientially. It is possible the new one will think he is, however.

This is at least one potential issue with the idea were it possible, IMO. If I understood you correctly, I think we agree on this point.

Strange things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

Strange things.

NOthing new though, presently, what user Avatars are, is merely a primitive digital version of transferring personality via such representative presence on a virtual platform. The mechanics just hasn't reach that level where it is an impressive or measurable scale on a bio mechanical scale or sense.

~

12 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

To those who would interact with the copy, it might seem real.  There would be no way to tell the difference based on memories or even personal tics.  I just think that the copy would be a "machine" brain in a cloned body.  But that's because I believe we have a spirit to go along with our physicality.

• Like 1

This is scary stuff the more you think about it. What a way to quell dissent and achieve compliance.

On 9/12/2018 at 4:46 PM, Markus777 said:

Hi,

Yes. In the channeled Kryon material this is explained and described as soul sharing. Do you have a personal reason for asking this question?

John

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 5:49 PM, sci-nerd said:

Unfortunately a stoner is not the most reliable witness...

It was a bit unsettling when something similar happened to me, but as you say, someone under the influence of the aforementioned drugs can be lead to believe a lot of things.

11 hours ago, GoodReality said:

It was a bit unsettling when something similar happened to me, but as you say, someone under the influence of the aforementioned drugs can be lead to believe a lot of things.

I believe scientists in the US army tested it in the 70's. Would be interesting to read their conclusions!

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I believe scientists in the US army tested it in the 70's. Would be interesting to read their conclusions!

I'm sure MKULTRA is holding back some frightening information on the human psyche 

On 2018-09-12 at 4:46 PM, Markus777 said:

Yes at Hollywood everything is possible.

In reality there are gamma waves emitted by brains like distress calls which can be then received by other receptors. There's been numerous reports all over the world and it happened to many of us to a little extend.

If you want to read more: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_wave 

Edited by qxcontinuum