Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

National Solar Observatory: What's Going On?

FensterZero

Just now, Hawken said:

Word has it that there were 6 other observatories closed around the same time around the world.

Australia, Chili, Spain, Pennsylvania USA and 2 in Hawaii.

that would suggest a secret global gvmt, who controls every agency in every country..   if they feel threatened, that means something serious is going on

2 hours ago, aztek said:

that would suggest a secret global gvmt, who controls every agency in every country..   if they feel threatened, that means something serious is going on

It is odd why the FBI would close the post office. I haven't seen this on National News. Just the local news of the Sunspot area.

Whatever it is (espionage or terroristic desires), seems like the Fed's have a strong handle on this.

Good job.

Wonder is this wasn't a terrorist attack on the sun in remembrance of 9/11?  Or the terrorists were trying to hack the solar observatories to ignite the Van Allen belts?

54 minutes ago, Hawken said:

It is odd why the FBI would close the post office. I haven't seen this on National News. Just the local news of the Sunspot area.

ROFL... this guy is REALLY erudite. 

"Yeah... uhh... it's some kind of..uh.. you know....  observatory, that is able to.. like.. look into space ? "

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CloudSix said:

http://ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com/2018/09/6-more-solar-observatories-closed-and.html?m=1

This is the only link I've found regarding other observatories being closed, it's a blog and it's pretty out there... 

I looked and wow...that deteriorated fast. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

That link just says that four of those were webcams being shut down. Only two were telescopes. That’s a little different than the ‘6 other observatories closed’ as you claimed.

Pretty sure this is going to have a less sinister explanation than you’re suggesting. They could have just been isolating systems to protect them in the event of a powerful solar storm, who knows. 

But I’ll tip my hat to you if it’s a world government conspiracy. 

The webcams I checked seem to be up and running now too. You could probably call the observatories to ask why, if you’re worried.

Edit 2: Also, one that the article mentioned was the ‘AXIS 232D Network Dome Camera located in Sydney Australia.’.

The Axis 232D is a now-discontinued  surveillance consumer product, so I have no idea what they’re talking about, or where it is in Sydney? https://www.axis.com/en-au/products/axis-232d

Edited by Timothy
Typo. Edit 2.
  • Like 1

Well, I doubt it has anything to do with them not wanting them to look at the sun. Despite the claims that solar observatories have been shutdown worldwide, they haven't. It took just a quick search to find up-to-date photos of the sun like at http://www.spaceweather.com/ (yes yes, of course it could all be part of the elaborate hoax designed to hide the alien arrival, I know).

But seriously, it's not just the observatory. It the area around it including some homes and a post office. What's up with that?

Edited by Calibeliever

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

Saturn just got out of retrograde on the 6th (Thursday) and it is in the House of Capricorn.  Just another eerie thing to make you go uhmmm?

Why eerie?

1 hour ago, aztek said:

rrrright, for security reasons they (not sure who exactly) shut down telescopes\webcams in 4 different countries\continents,. at the same time.

The only thing I can think of is that they were networked together and some nincompoop allowed ransomware into the network and locked them all down. That would explain the FBI acting in the US. 

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The only thing I can think of is that they were networked together and some nincompoop allowed ransomware into the network and locked them all down. That would explain the FBI acting in the US. 

That really doesn't explain why they closed the post office as well, though.  Maybe somebody sent something nasty through the mail.  

13 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

That really doesn't explain why they closed the post office as well, though.  Maybe somebody sent something nasty through the mail.  

Coincidence?

its odd that a group of solar observatories were all closed at roughly the same time. 

If it was just the one, and they closed the post office at the same time I could buy the “malicious package to the observatory” explanation. 

Seems to have been dealt with.

It's re-opening.

As far as other world-wide solar observatories being temporarily closed, well, the only confirmation we have is with the one in the U.S., so the "news" regarding the others are very likely faked by "conspiracy theorists"

Edited by pallidin

14 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Seems to have been dealt with.

It's re-opening.

As far as other world-wide solar observatories being temporarily closed, well, the only confirmation we have is with the one in the U.S., so the "news" regarding the others are very likely faked by "conspiracy theorists"

Ahh.

well that puts us back to “something nasty came in the post” as an acceptable explanation.