Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

Fueled by right-wing ideologies, terrorism is

109 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

ExpandMyMind

Posting because of the endless stream of ANTIFA posts. You'd think they were the biggest threat to the US since King George, the way people on here go on about them.

Quote

Terrorism is in retreat around the world. Attacks fell from about 17,000 in 2014 to about 11,000 in 2017, and dropped almost 40% in the Middle East. Yet not in the US.

The country is seeing a surge in terrorism. There were only six attacks in the US a decade ago, but 65 in 2017. The number of fatalities is also increasing.

Most attacks in 2017 were thought to be motivated by right-leaning ideologies, a Quartz analysis of data from the Global Terrorism Database shows. Out of 65 incidents, 37 were tied to racist, anti-Muslim, homophobic, anti-Semitic, fascist, anti-government, or xenophobic motivations.

QZ

37 attacks from right-leaning ideologies, 11 attacks from left-leaning ideologies and 7 from Islamic.

Just for context.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty

What do they regard as a "terrorist attack"? Something politically motivated that's intended to kill people, preferably as many as possible? What do they use as their definition? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Posting because of the endless stream of ANTIFA posts. You'd think they were the biggest threat to the US since King George, the way people on here go on about them.

QZ

37 attacks from right-leaning ideologies, 11 attacks from left-leaning ideologies and 7 from Islamic.

Just for context.

The thing they all have in common is weak minds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

lamo,. what a bull crap.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
24 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

What do they regard as a "terrorist attack"? Something politically motivated that's intended to kill people, preferably as many as possible? What do they use as their definition? 

Their source is the Global Terrorism Database, who are pretty much the authority on documenting terrorism. I trust their ability to define terrorism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty

So what is it? What terrorist incidents have there been from right wing extremism that anyone can recall recently? The only one that comes to mind is that nutcase in Norway. Do they regard shootings as terrorism, and assume there must be a political motive and if there is, it must be right wing?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

So what is it? What terrorist incidents have there been from right wing extremism that anyone can recall recently? The only one that comes to mind is that nutcase in Norway. Do they regard shootings as terrorism, and assume there must be a political motive and if there is, it must be right wing?

it is nothing but shuffling  and misrepresenting numbers\events.  another liberal lie and attack on the right.  left wing media keeps doing their dirty work.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
12 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

So what is it? What terrorist incidents have there been from right wing extremism that anyone can recall recently? The only one that comes to mind is that nutcase in Norway. Do they regard shootings as terrorism, and assume there must be a political motive and if there is, it must be right wing?

Nearly 100 deaths in the US last year, coming from 65 attacks. I assume they didn't just fabricate these statistics.

Why don't you go on over there and find the answers to your questions. They have most of their methodology laid out and are even quite receptive to enquiring emails, if I remember correctly.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo

LOL, Antifa is Fascist, I don't know if they are in the ISIS league yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they got there.

By the way, Islam is Fascist.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Their source is the Global Terrorism Database, who are pretty much the authority on documenting terrorism. I trust their ability to define terrorism.

You might, but I want to see the evidence. Just because they named themselves "Global" does not impress me.

They start going wrong by grossly underestimating the Islamic sort.

For the first week of THIS MONTH;

29 attacks in ten countries

132 people were killed

223 were injured

3 were suicide blasts

 

Now, if you want to convince anyone that the USA is a hellish firestorm of "Right Wing" terrorism, you need to list the attacks, and give us links to the Court reports. I want to see how many of them were simply judged as such because white men committed crimes.

I would also like to know how the 2,400 honor killings/attacks per year in the US are judged.... just one of those cultural things, eh?

 

Now, I know that it will always be impossible to convince YOU that right-wingers are not the most evil & monstrous and terrible people that have ever walked the face of the Earth, but I just want to remind anyone looking at this thread who the OP is trying to elevate above Americans who are not Leftists-

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

it is no secret to anyone op is highly antiamerican. in pretty much every regard.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
1 minute ago, aztek said:

it is no secret to anyone op is highly antiamerican. in pretty much every regard.

Almost half of all Scots are National Socialists.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

White Rabbit Three Percent Illinois Patriot Freedom Fighters Militia?  I have to say they do have some funny names for their groups.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
14 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

You might, but I want to see the evidence. Just because they named themselves "Global" does not impress me.

They start going wrong by grossly underestimating the Islamic sort.

For the first week of THIS MONTH;

29 attacks in ten countries

132 people were killed

223 were injured

3 were suicide blasts

 

Now, if you want to convince anyone that the USA is a hellish firestorm of "Right Wing" terrorism, you need to list the attacks, and give us links to the Court reports. I want to see how many of them were simply judged as such because white men committed crimes.

I would also like to know how the 2,400 honor killings/attacks per year in the US are judged.... just one of those cultural things, eh?

 

Now, I know that it will always be impossible to convince YOU that right-wingers are not the most evil & monstrous and terrible people that have ever walked the face of the Earth, but I just want to remind anyone looking at this thread who the OP is trying to elevate above Americans who are not Leftists-

 

 

The site is literally a database. You can easily search it all for yourself. 

From the article:

Quote

The Global Terrorism Database, published yearly by the University of Maryland, counts cases where violence is used by non-state actors to achieve political, economic, religious, or social goals through fear and coercion. It includes ideologically motivated attacks like the Charleston church shooting, but not ones such as the Aurora movie theater massacre.

The database classifies cases according to attackers’ affiliations (like “Ku Klux Klan”) or, when it can’t find a group, by its author’s identity (“white extremist” or “jihadi-inspired,” for example). Quartz analyzed each attack and classified them into right-leaning, left-leaning, or linked to Islamic extremists.

11 of the cases were reported as having no known affiliation.

Quartz has an excellent record of factual reporting, with very little known bias. I read many of their articles during the election season that were highly critical of Clinton. I'm not sure anyone can legitimately tarnish their reporting, but fire away.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
4 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Almost half of all Scots are National Socialists.

Nationalism when you don't have a country and nationalism when you already have a country are two completely separate entities. They simply aren't the same thing. At all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

you are right, hating a country and everything about it  but living half the world away , and never even visiting that country, is not nationalism, it is derangement and mental sickness.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
15 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The site is literally a database. You can easily search it all for yourself. 

...

I looked, it is something the University of Maryland came up with.

They are the experts now?

Did you look at it yourself? I don't see where it has something backing up what you said or what the article is trying say. Is there a specific section on this?

 

EDIT - and the article is weird, they claim terror is dropping, but only compared to the all-time high of 2014. It is still higher than in 2012, or aNY of the years previous to that!

:rolleyes:

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
28 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

White Rabbit Three Percent Illinois Patriot Freedom Fighters Militia?  I have to say they do have some funny names for their groups.

Do they name their rifles?  I don't really care what they call themselves if they know how to fight the trash that want to destroy my country.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty
38 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nearly 100 deaths in the US last year, coming from 65 attacks. I assume they didn't just fabricate these statistics.

Why don't you go on over there and find the answers to your questions. They have most of their methodology laid out and are even quite receptive to enquiring emails, if I remember correctly.

But that's what I mean! What were these 100 deaths from 65 attacks?? Why didn't we hear about them on the news? I'd have thought that would've been saturation coverage. Or do they just regard any shooting of however many it is that qualifies as a 'mass shooting' as right wing terrorism? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty
36 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

White Rabbit Three Percent Illinois Patriot Freedom Fighters Militia?  I have to say they do have some funny names for their groups.

I'd like to see their banner. They'd need to put it on a roller.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
18 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Did you look at it yourself? I don't see where it has something backing up what you said or what the article is trying say. Is there a specific section on this?

I've spent extensive time on the website searching Islamic and Christian attacks in the past. I trust their judgement.

You seem to think that being operated by a university is a bad thing? 

18 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

They are the experts now?

You say this about organisations that literally produce experts. It's where experts in all manner of things become experts. You'd be as well mocking the Harvard Law Review. 

They keep a detailed record. It likely can never be a purely perfect record (nor can any other in this subject), but it is by far the best publically available record in the world that I know of. 

Quote

Data from the Global Terrorism Database is used to generate the Global Terrorism Index(GTI) published by the Institute for Economics and Peace.[2]

Academic receptionEdit

A number of academic papers studying various aspects of terrorism, including trends in the amount and types of terrorism, draws on data from the GTD for its empirical analysis.[10][11][12]

In his book The Better Angels of Our Nature, author Steven Pinker used data from the Global Terrorism Database for his analysis of trends in terrorism, calling it "the major publicly available dataset on terrorist attacks."

It's the gold standard of reported terrorist attacks. There is no higher, publically available, authoritative source on the subject.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
5 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

But that's what I mean! What were these 100 deaths from 65 attacks?? Why didn't we hear about them on the news? I'd have thought that would've been saturation coverage. Or do they just regard any shooting of however many it is that qualifies as a 'mass shooting' as right wing terrorism? 

Most of your questions are answered in an article that's something like 6 or 8 paragraphs. I've actually answered part of the above quote in this thread. You can yourself go to the website and search for US attacks and analyse the data yourself. If you were actually interested in answering your questions you would already have the answers you seek. And you would have had them quicker than it took you to type out your replies to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
11 minutes ago, and then said:

Do they name their rifles?  I don't really care what they call themselves if they know how to fight the trash that want to destroy my country.  

Looks like the White Rabbits have a new recruit :D Wonder if he'll get a bunny hat to wear.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
15 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

 

You seem to think that being operated by a university is a bad thing? 

 

1

This day and age, you might as well have the thing operated by Marx himself...Colleges and Uni's are no longer just seats of learning, they are also seats of left-wing ideology...a failed ideology that should be vilified just as much as Fascism.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Quote

Out of 65 incidents, 37 were tied to racist, anti-Muslim, homophobic, anti-Semitic, fascist, anti-government, or xenophobic motivations

so those 37 automatically fall under right wing? rrrrright, as if lefties can not be anti-Muslim, homophobic, anti-Semitic, fascist, anti-government, or xenophobic, lol

that alone completely destroys the lie author tried to spread here. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.