Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fueled by right-wing ideologies, terrorism is

ExpandMyMind

On 9/13/2018 at 11:42 PM, Avalanche said:

We have had totally 10 terrorist attacks in Sweden since the beginning of the 18th century until today. In my opinion a person who takes a truck to run down and kill as many as possible is not terrorism its just a very sick and mentally ill individual Interestingly there is no universal agreement on the defenition of terrorism read here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_terrorism

Indeed Avalanche. And its curious that there has been a MASSIVE upsurge in cases of "mental illness" in Europe over the last 10 years or so. But curiously, only among the Muslim population. We have had no truck, bomb, car or knife attacks by individuals shouting praise to Christ, Buddha, Yahwe, Shiva, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster (all praise his noodly appendages). In tandem with this, we have multiple foreign Immams publicly inciting attacks on western non-muslims using cars, trucks and knives, often from the pulpit at Friday prayers. What a strange and eerie co-incidence. 

It is true that there are over 100 definitions of terrorism, but all of them include the concept of violence against civilians in order to further a political or religious goal. 

Leading on from that; I'd disagree with the FBI's assessment of ANTIFA as being a terrorist organisation. It does not - in my opinion - really have a true political goal. It merely wishes to attack and inconvenience people it regards as fascists. I don't really see that as a coherent political goal. It's more like a sort of "common purpose" phenomena. (much like the lone-wolf Islamist attacks, but without the Islamist theopolitical grounding). I'd regard them more as a hate group than a terrorist group, though that may be splitting hairs. 

I'd definitely want to see people like Maxine Waters prosecuted for reckless incitement, however. Or even better, impeached from congress. Wouldn't THAT be a lovely irony ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I'd definitely want to see people like Maxine Waters prosecuted for reckless incitement,

You damned RAY-SUS!  "Peach Fowty Fi!!!"  :w00t:

4 hours ago, and then said:

its not in my interest if in fact the attacks may or may not  have had  religious backgrounds its still sick people who commit these crimes.  The goal of terrorism is to create fear hatred and chaos if we start to show hatred against a specific ethnicity then they have sort of reached one of their goals. 

Edited by Avalanche

522573_3296205959073_1243561995_n.jpg?_n

A week ago, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a black kid named Tyrone Woodfork severely beat an elderly couple, a Mr. & Mrs. Strait, who had been married for 65 years. Tyrone RAPED Mrs. Strait, and she died of injuries received at his hands. Mr. Strait served in the 101st Airborne during WWII. NO national media carried the story. Tyrone was arrested yesterday.

I supposed that if Mr. Strait had shot Tyrone, the whole country would know about the story. As it is, only Mrs. Strait died, so it's not of interest to Brian Williams and the rest of the main stream media media.

Think about it. After 65 years of marriage. After serving our country. After 90 years of life, Mr. Strait has lost his wife to a rapist/murderer. NO ONE in the national media gives a flip. They are only interested in their wonderful black hero, Trayvon Martin.

link

• Like 2

On 9/16/2018 at 4:13 AM, RoofGardener said:

nd its curious that there has been a MASSIVE upsurge in cases of "mental illness" in Europe over the last 10 years or so. . But curiously, only among the Muslim population.

Funny we see the exact same thing here in the US anytime a white person with conservative or racist views shoots up a school or a church.  Its always "mental illness" with them but "terrorism' if they cant be tied to conservativism.

B7SLFYBCIAE7FcL.jpg:large

On 14/09/2018 at 11:33 AM, South Alabam said:

FBI, DHS Officially Classify Antifa Activities As "Domestic Terrorist Violence"

Yes, they are a threat to anyone sane.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-01/fbi-dhs-study-reveals-antifa-primary-instigators-violence-public-rallies-april-2016

Finally! There were a hundred petitions online trying make this happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Funny we see the exact same thing here in the US anytime a white person with conservative or racist views shoots up a school or a church.  Its always "mental illness" with them but "terrorism' if they cant be tied to conservativism.

That's interesting. It appears to be the opposite in Europe. The vast majority of attacks by people with "mental illness" are Islamist attacks. (which are not motivated by either conservativism nor liberalism)

In the USA - according to the linked source below - "..... Researchers have found that a significant portion of the people who have carried out acts of terror in the Islamic State’s name suffered from mental disorders. Close to a third of the 76 individuals involved in 55 attacks cited in a 2017 study by West Point’s Combating Terrorism Center were found to have a history of psychological instability....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/25/world/americas/islamic-state-mental-health.html

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 11:30 AM, Farmer77 said:

B7SLFYBCIAE7FcL.jpg:large

Well, who are they killing in the name of?

What religous or political ideology are they claiming they are killing for?

What terrorist group(s) are they a part of?

Terrorism has an official definition. As we speak about it in this context it isn't just any act that terrifies. Anyone being honest with themselves already knows that.

• Like 2

The Vegas shooting was a terrifying event but it wasn't an act of terrorism. Nobody is worried that he belongs to a group that has banded together ready to pick up where he left off. That's the difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Honest question.  Why are islamic radicals called terrorists?  Who are they terrorising?  A group of radical religious nuts want to kill others because they think they will go to heaven if they do, and that is their one objective.  So why are they called terrorists?  Their objective was to kill and be killed.  That's it.  If they wanted to bring terror to a nation they could easily drop a grenade from a drone or shout "bomb" in a crowd and cause a fatal stampede or do what the IRA did in Ireland and alert the police there is a bomb and then blow up shops and trash cans often when the streets are empty because they wanted to spread fear in the community i.e. terrorize.  I just don't understand why politicians believe the religious nuts want to 'terrorize' the community and "destroy our way of life" when their attacks do not terrorize others.  They just kill their target and foolishly hope they will be rewarded for it in death.  They could not care less what effect it has on the community, so the idea that they are doing it because they want to spread fear (terrorize) is not exactly true.  This is why I get irritated when politicians make a speech after each attack and claim the attacker's goal was to "terrorize us" and how we must support the military in the fight against terror.

Edited by Aaron2016

Just now, Aaron2016 said:

Honest question.  Why are islamic radicals called terrorists?  Who are they terrorising?  A group of radical religious nuts want to kill others because they think they will go to heaven if they do, and that is their one objective.  So why are they called terrorists? 

have you heard of wtc and planes, London and Madrid train bombing? 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, aztek said:

have you heard of wtc and planes, London and Madrid train bombing? 

Yes.  Their goal was to kill as many people as they could so they could go to their version of heaven.  Where does terror come into it?  A murderer targets their prey and horribly achieves their objective.  The community may be frightened that such a thing happened, but the murderer's objective was still the same.  They set out to kill people and tragically did it.  This is why I ask - who said the murderer's main objective was to scare the community?  They are murdering criminals with a bent objective, not political radicals bent on terrorising the community.  We mourn the victims, and behave with more caution, but nobody's actually being terrorised.

Edited by Aaron2016

3 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Honest question.  Why are islamic radicals called terrorists?  Who are they terrorising?  A group of radical religious nuts want to kill others because they think they will go to heaven if they do, and that is their one objective.  So why are they called terrorists?  Their objective was to kill and be killed.  That's it.  If they wanted to bring terror to a nation they could easily drop a grenade from a drone or shout "bomb" in a crowd and cause a fatal stampede or do what the IRA did in Ireland and alert the police there is a bomb and then blow up shops and trash cans often when the streets are empty because they wanted to spread fear in the community i.e. terrorize.  I just don't understand why politicians believe the religious nuts want to 'terrorize' the community and "destroy our way of life" when their attacks do not terrorize others.  They just kill their target and foolishly hope they will be rewarded for it in death.  They could not care less what effect it has on the community, so the idea that they are doing it because they want to spread fear (terrorize) is not exactly true.  This is why I get irritated when politicians make a speech after each attack and claim the attacker's goal was to "terrorize us" and how we must support the military in the fight against terror.

I'm not sure that is entirely accurate, Aaron2016 ? I believe the urge to kill unbelievers is not a thing in isolation... it is part of a grander plan (according to Islamic Scripture) to terrorise the "kaffir" (unbeliever or heathen) into submitting to Islamic political conquest. Hence it is both a religious AND political undertaking. In this context, it IS covered by the term "terrorism". 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I'm not sure that is entirely accurate, Aaron2016 ? I believe the urge to kill unbelievers is not a thing in isolation... it is part of a grander plan (according to Islamic Scripture) to terrorise the "kaffir" (unbeliever or heathen) into submitting to Islamic political conquest. Hence it is both a religious AND political undertaking. In this context, it IS covered by the term "terrorism". 

Thanks.  In that context (convert or die) it would seem that their goal was to terrorize the community in the hopes that it will convert them to their ideology, but does anyone honestly believe that this goal is realistic and achievable?  It seems a stretch that mass killings will some how convert western society to their ideology.  I think it is much more likely that the radicals are brainwashed and conditioned to believe what they are doing will get them into heaven, so they set out to kill as many 'infidels' as they can, knowing that nothing will change politically, apart from extra security.

However anyone who is a white conservative male (myself included) is genuinely being targeted and terrorised by the liberal media and SJWs by putting us all under the label 'racist white privileged nazis'.  By terrorising and shaming a large demographic they are heavily influencing political and social change.  That I feel is terrorism on a much larger scale.  It also means that if we are pushed out of the social circle, there is danger that many of us would end up following future radical white groups because they would have open arms welcoming to receive everyone that was shunned and terrorised out of the progressive's liberal social circle.  If Europe and America continue down this path then I believe a great uprising on the far right is much more inevitable and makes the Fourth Reich all the more likely.  It would be interesting if the head of the progressive left was actually head of the far right who is working two steps ahead.

Edited by Aaron2016

Just now, Aaron2016 said:

Thanks.  In that context (convert or die) it would seem that their goal was to terrorize the community in the hopes that it will convert them to their ideology, but does anyone honestly believe that this goal is realistic and achievable?

actually yes,  in time it will be achieved if we sit on our hands. look at europe,  Islam is most popular religion in us prisons,

In addition to immigration, the state, federal and local prisons of the United States may be a contributor to the growth of Islam in the United States. J. Michael Waller claims that Muslim inmates comprise 17–20% of the prison population in New York, or roughly 350,000 inmates in 2003. He also claims that 80% of the prisoners who "find faith" while in prison convert to Islam.[3] These converted inmates are mostly African American, with a growing Hispanic minority.[4] Waller also asserts that many converts are radicalized by outside Islamist groups linked to terrorism, but other experts suggest that when radicalization does occur, it has little to no connection with these outside interests.[5][6][7]

On 9/16/2018 at 3:20 AM, and then said:

You damned RAY-SUS!  "Peach Fowty Fi!!!"  :w00t:

She's been around since the Rodney King days. This is why we need term limits, and also allow them to keep security clearance maybe 5 years after that. The world changes too often to keep renewing one for someone who was a congressman, or senator 28 years ago. People become so ingrained in D.C that they forget they are public servants, not Kings and Queens.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

Thanks.  In that context (convert or die) it would seem that their goal was to terrorize the community in the hopes that it will convert them to their ideology, but does anyone honestly believe that this goal is realistic and achievable?  It seems a stretch that mass killings will some how convert western society to their ideology.  I think it is much more likely that the radicals are brainwashed and conditioned to believe what they are doing will get them into heaven, so they set out to kill as many 'infidels' as they can, knowing that nothing will change politically, apart from extra security.

However anyone who is a white conservative male (myself included) is genuinely being targeted and terrorised by the liberal media and SJWs by putting us all under the label 'racist white privileged nazis'.  By terrorising and shaming a large demographic they are heavily influencing political and social change.  That I feel is terrorism on a much larger scale.  It also means that if we are pushed out of the social circle, there is danger that many of us would end up following future radical white groups because they would have open arms welcoming to receive everyone that was shunned and terrorised out of the progressive's liberal social circle.  If Europe and America continue down this path then I believe a great uprising on the far right is much more inevitable and makes the Fourth Reich all the more likely.  It would be interesting if the head of the progressive left was actually head of the far right who is working two steps ahead.

Well, when you ask "is it realistic and achievable", you have to bear in mind that it worked really well for the Muslims back in the early days; they conquered - and more importantly, occupied - all of the middle east, India,  Africa, and bits of Europe and Asia. I guess it doesn't matter whether it is "realistic and achievable" in the modern era; it is Written in their scriptures, so the believers do it anyway. 

As for pushing white males into radicalisation... I doubt it somehow Aaron2016. The SJW crowd are noisy, but they are small and relatively disorganised. They are not a majority. The Newspapers are all dying on their feet and becoming paid websites (and even THEN many are likely to go to the wall before too long). Something similar is happening in TV Broadcast. "The Media" has been overtaken by the Internet, and have lost a great deal of their previous power. 

On 18/09/2018 at 9:10 AM, RoofGardener said:

That's interesting. It appears to be the opposite in Europe. The vast majority of attacks by people with "mental illness" are Islamist attacks. (which are not motivated by either conservativism nor liberalism)

where do you get that from? Any crime involving anyone of Middle Eastern origin is automatically labeled as Terrorism, certainly by the media, it's their automatic knee jerk response. Are you trying to make out there's a conspiracy to deny the existence of ideologically driven terrorism by covering it up as "mental illness"?

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

where do you get that from? Any crime involving anyone of Middle Eastern origin is automatically labeled as Terrorism, certainly by the media, it's their automatic knee jerk response. Are you trying to make out there's a conspiracy to deny the existence of ideologically driven terrorism by covering it up as "mental illness"?

Hmm.. let me think about that for a little while.... 

5..4...3..2..1...YES !

I mean... what other answer fits the evidence ? Either THAT, or you have to propose that either

1. Islam drives people mad, or
  2. Islam attracts mentally ill people. 

Obviously, neither of those could possibly be true, so we return to the conspiracy theory. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Yes.  Their goal was to kill as many people as they could so they could go to their version of heaven.  Where does terror come into it?  A murderer targets their prey and horribly achieves their objective.  The community may be frightened that such a thing happened, but the murderer's objective was still the same.  They set out to kill people and tragically did it.  This is why I ask - who said the murderer's main objective was to scare the community?  They are murdering criminals with a bent objective, not political radicals bent on terrorising the community.  We mourn the victims, and behave with more caution, but nobody's actually being terrorised.

surely terrorism is attempted murder with a political agenda. All these have a political agenda behind them. This can be influenced by religious fanaticism, certainly, but it's primarily political. Really I think "they're incomprehensible evil fanatics whose fanaticism we just cannot comprehend" is very often a cop-out to hide the fact that very often, it is something that the Civilised West has done that's given them an axe to grind and a grudge to nurse.

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. let me think about that for a little while.... 

5..4...3..2..1...YES !

I mean... what other answer fits the evidence ? Either THAT, or you have to propose that either

1. Islam drives people mad, or
  2. Islam attracts mentally ill people. 

Obviously, neither of those could possibly be true, so we return to the conspiracy theory. 

I don't know where you get that from. When have acts of terrorism ever been dismissed by the "powers that be" as due to mental illness as a way of covering up the fact that it's terrorism? I've never heard anything of the kind ever being said. It's usually said about mass shootings in the U.S., possibly as a coverup, but probably very often because it's true. 

Just now, South Alabam said:

. People become so ingrained in D.C that they forget they are public servants, not Kings and Queens.

i'm not sure it is not so, look at them in real world, privileged class, tax payer funded cars, get out of jail free cards, immunity, better healthcare that vast majority of people that pay for it,  same with pensions.  it is a great conspiracy that they are public servants. we are their servants, in real world.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I don't know where you get that from. When have acts of terrorism ever been dismissed by the "powers that be" as due to mental illness as a way of covering up the fact that it's terrorism? I've never heard anything of the kind ever being said. It's usually said about mass shootings in the U.S., possibly as a coverup, but probably very often because it's true. 

Look at the number of attacks by Muslims in the UK and Europe... and the way so many where almost IMMEDIATELY labelled by the Media (and the police) as being linked to mental illness. 

The Establishment is desperate to find a motive/cause for these attacks, WITHOUT admitting that such acts are supported by Islamic Scripture....... MAINSTREAM Islamic Scripture.. because they are afraid of a backlash against the religion of Islam itself, and the potential resulting civil unrest. So "mental illness" is a very useful foil !

The problem (for the Establishment) is that people are starting to question the high number of cases of mental illnesses, and noting that there is no corresponding stream of Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, Jewish or Flying Invisible Spaghetti Monster adherents stabbing people in the streets or driving lorries down pavements due to mental illnesses. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

This, unfortunately, is an impossible discussion. Why?

Well, some people much prefer controversy itself over any facts.

It becomes a pointless mind-game.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked