Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Onlydreamer

Could I get some dream interpretations?

2 posts in this topic

Onlydreamer

Last night, the first dream I've ever been in a wood or a forest. I don't remember what order or all of what happened, the dream world is weird right? This wasn't a lucid dream but I felt the emotions when I awoke as if I'd experienced it. I was in the woods walking and looking for a particular someone and we spoke and sat together briefly and I'd follow him around as a friend and stare in his eyes and he would deny that we were friends. In waking life we don't know each other but we had brief and uncomfortable interactions, we are enemies and he didn't reciprocate my feelings but the staring and longing are unlikely to be from a Romantic or sexual place but then maybe as I never got his approval as anything and probably never will. I have my true partner now and I'm happy with him, I love him but I don't know why I'm still obsessed. I have tried everything from confronting him asking tarot readers, I've tried not thinking or longing. I get these dreamers still, for whatever reason I'm getting them and what they relate to and whatever happens in them but I have them and I feel longing and sadness afterwards. 

Not A Rockstar
42 minutes ago, Onlydreamer said:

I have my true partner now and I'm happy with him, I love him but I don't know why I'm still obsessed. I have tried everything from confronting him asking tarot readers, I've tried not thinking or longing. I get these dreamers still, for whatever reason I'm getting them and what they relate to and whatever happens in them but I have them and I feel longing and sadness afterwards. 

If this is true, then you need to confront this "obsession" over the one that got away. You have control over yourself, and can reject these feelings you say you still feel for someone who never reciprocated in the first place. You can also instruct your own sub-conscious to process this differently by sitting down and reimagining the dream again as vivid as possible and see yourself telling him the attachment is over, he no longer affects you, and walk away from him. Repeat this as often as thoughts of this sort come to mind. Reprogram your own mind.

I am a big believer in facing your own darknesses and shadows head on, in order to break them and get control over them. Be honest inside and face the roots of this issue and rip them out if you want an end to it.

You remain obsessed because you let yourself feel that way. You assume you have no control over your subconsciousness and dreams and the truth is we have a great deal more control than we use. 

JMO. Welcome to UM.