Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Keep Seeing the Same Time on the Clock

TigerBright19

For the past 5 months I keep seeing the time 2:20 on the clock.  No matter where I go, almost every time I glance at the clock it is always 2.20.  The living room clock, the kitchen clock, the church tower clock outside, the office clock at work, sometimes my watch, my cell phone, on TV, in photographs, and even when I'm getting the breakfast plates out of the glass cabinet I can see the reflection of the clock in the glass which reads 2.20 (9:40 reflected).  Some times I wake up in the night and its 2.20 or I stay up and glance at the clock before I go to sleep and its 2.20.  There was a famous old building in my city with a big clock at the top.  The building burnt down recently, and the last time I glanced up at the clock the time was 2.20.  I booked a flight to Southampton earlier this year and the plane was delayed on the runway, and finally took off at 2.20.  I have been fascinated with the Titanic disaster for many years.  The ship sank at 2.20.  Does anyone know why I keep seeing the same time everywhere I go?

Edited by Aaron2016

34 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Replace the batteries or wind it up.

He's already wind up.  ;-)

Edited by Avalanche

For me, the numbers were 1111.  You can look into it at numerology sites but it's pretty much guaranteed to be a coincidence.

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

For the past 5 months I keep seeing the time 2:20 on the clock.  No matter where I go, almost every time I glance at the clock it is always 2.20.  The living room clock, the kitchen clock, the church tower clock outside, the office clock at work, sometimes my watch, my cell phone, on TV, in photographs, and even when I'm getting the breakfast plates out of the glass cabinet I can see the reflection of the clock in the glass which reads 2.20 (9:40 reflected).  Some times I wake up in the night and its 2.20 or I stay up and glance at the clock before I go to sleep and its 2.20.  There was a famous old building in my city with a big clock at the top.  The building burnt down recently, and the last time I glanced up at the clock the time was 2.20.  I booked a flight to Southampton earlier this year and the plane was delayed on the runway, and finally took off at 2.20.  I have been fascinated with the Titanic disaster for many years.  The ship sank at 2.20.  Does anyone know why I keep seeing the same time everywhere I go?

Its a subconscious tick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

Does anyone know why I keep seeing the same time everywhere I go?

Yep, our brains are subconsciously programmed to recognize patterns.... so when these sets of reoccurring numbers arise, your brain calls special attention to them. Believe you me, it's not some mysterious message from your angels or whatnot. 

• Like 3

Thanks.  I kept thinking of the Star Trek episode 'Cause and Effect' were Data sends a message back in time to save the Enterprise and programs the ship's computer to distribute the number 3 all over the ship as a warning that commander Riker (3 pips on his shoulder) has a good idea that will save the ship.

12:34 is my magic number, I go through periods where it crops up a lot in series then stops. It has never indicated anything I detected.

Your brain (subconsciously) always knows what time it is. Even when you sleep. So there's no coincidence involved at all!

18 hours ago, and then said:

For me, the numbers were 1111.  You can look into it at numerology sites but it's pretty much guaranteed to be a coincidence.

I too have noticed 11:11 on clocks often enough to make me wonder why I notice 11:11 on clocks so often