Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Private passenger' signs up for Moon trip

UM-Bot

If I had the money, and most especially the nerve, I would do this.

But on both counts, I'm out.

• Like 1

The name will be announced shortly, that will be interesting.

10 hours ago, Habitat said:

The name will be announced shortly, that will be interesting.

I hope it's Kanye West.

Then again, it looks like they're bringing them back, which would be a shame.

2 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I hope it's Kanye West.

Then again, it looks like they're bringing them back, which would be a shame.

I wonder if bookmakers have a market framed on this, I can't imagine who it might be.

38 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I wonder if bookmakers have a market framed on this, I can't imagine who it might be.

It has to be someone with extreme wealth I would imagine. Trips like this won't be for the average or even moderately wealthy (at a guess.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

And the passenger is:

I do hope that the BFR comes to fruition.

Although I am concerned with how this billionaire, along with his chosen 6-8 artists, will complete the journey. I’d happily join, as long as the BFR concept is proven to work, prior to departure.

Will the craft be manned with trained astronauts also? Will the occupants be in an autonomous craft? How will they be trained to comprehend and endure the task that they are undertaking? Anyone who knows more about this, please comment. 

A billionaire and 6-8 artists on a trip around the moon just doesn’t sit well with me right now.

Some people just have more money than brains! A fashion designer going to the moon....oh my! Not sure what this guy is expecting from his 'talented' crew but I'm sure it won't be of any great benefit to mankind except for some weirdo art and strange looking clothes and I'm also pretty sure he'll end up owning the rights to all the work resulting from the trip....he didn't become a billionaire by being stupid but, to me, he is seriously lacking common sense. He could have used those $$$ to do a lot of good here on good ol' planet earth.

Edited by Mr Guitar

Virgin Galactic  second try

how long until people understand that you need the kind a nation budget  money to able to go moon . few millions won't get you there.

9 hours ago, Mr Guitar said:

Some people just have more money than brains! A fashion designer going to the moon....oh my! Not sure what this guy is expecting from his 'talented' crew but I'm sure it won't be of any great benefit to mankind except for some weirdo art and strange looking clothes and I'm also pretty sure he'll end up owning the rights to all the work resulting from the trip....he didn't become a billionaire by being stupid but, to me, he is seriously lacking common sense. He could have used those $$$ to do a lot of good here on good ol' planet earth.

I mean a quick google search on the guy and he seems like a stand up dude... promoting young inspiring artists works by giving them a platform to a wider audience. A younger audience who he exposes and educates contemporary art too... To say art is hogwash is to insult artists, and who ever made your avi. An artist I’m guessing you “borrowed” from :rolleyes:.

13 hours ago, kobolds said:

Virgin Galactic  second try

how long until people understand that you need the kind a nation budget  money to able to go moon . few millions won't get you there.

Yeah, people made the same, ill informed, comments about reusable rockets a few years ago, Elon Musk made such comments look foolish then as, I suspect he will do again.

Most of the cost in a moon, or any space mission, is in the launch. Make launching cheap and a mission to the moon becomes considerably more affordable.

Now which company has a great track record for greatly reducing the cost of launching... Oh yeah, that would be SpaceX. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 8:01 PM, AstralHorus said:

I mean a quick google search on the guy and he seems like a stand up dude... promoting young inspiring artists works by giving them a platform to a wider audience. A younger audience who he exposes and educates contemporary art too... To say art is hogwash is to insult artists, and who ever made your avi. An artist I’m guessing you “borrowed” from :rolleyes:.

Not against artists at all and never said art is 'hogwash' - I'm a professional musician and also attended one of the most prestigious art schools in the country but I'm not 'touchy feely' about either one - to me, both graphic art and music are both a means to make $$$ - nothing else. Oh, and I picked my avatar because I like evil clowns and I thought that one was particularly good. As to your 'stand up' dude, I still think he'll keep the rights to any art generated as a result of the trip - he didn't get that rich by being a poor businessman.

Edited by Mr Guitar

On 15/09/2018 at 10:26 AM, pallidin said:

If I had the money, and most especially the nerve, I would do this.

But on both counts, I'm out.

Ok, I get the money thing. But why wouldn't you have the nerve Pallidin ? :D..

Wow, I'd do it just for the buzz...it'd be neat :tsu:..

On 9/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, Habitat said:

The trip could be followed on Kim and Family's "reality show".  At least there'd be something worth watching for a change.

On 9/18/2018 at 10:29 AM, Mr Guitar said:

He can come back and have a whole line of "Lunar Inspired" designs that all the "in" group will just have to have.  Then the whole trip can be written off on his taxes as a business trip.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 12:44 PM, paperdyer said:

He can come back and have a whole line of "Lunar Inspired" designs that all the "in" group will just have to have.  Then the whole trip can be written off on his taxes as a business trip.

Paperdyer, you pretty much nailed it! All the 'cool kids' and Kardasian  watchers will want the stuff and he'll get even richer. I wonder if he plans to make the trip or just sit back here as a 'consultant' holding a fat insurance policy on all the participants. Anybody spending that much money on such a wild haired scheme will surely have a backup 'Plan B' to cover his rear end. As I said before, anybody this rich doesn't get that way by being a bad businessman.

Maybe this guy will have the astronauts outfits looking like the stars on Star Trek