Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Travelling midnight show

Vampirith

The book and then the t.v. series from Neil Gaiman and Stars, American Gods bring up a fantastic question, how to the spirits, phantoms, demi-gods/gods travel to other countries? I have been thinking about that off and on for some time, I am a Tsimshian from Alaska and live in an area that belonged to the Tlingets as a hunting territory, there was never a large population of European, Black or Asian types here on the island we live on. The myths are still our own, we know and remember a lot of our own stories but we have never seen our own supernatural entities like the other cultures seem to have.

I remember my cousin seeing a hag staring at him when he awoke in the front room of the house he lived in and she was dressed like you would normally think of when you thought of old crone/hag, we never had hags up this way, nor were our 'old crones' dressed in European style black garments. We tend to get some what pale up here, with not much sun, but he described the hag as being snowy white with black eyes.

I have personally seen a black smoke come out of a corner shelf and pane out half way to the ceiling as if hit the ceiling, I couldn't move or even shout and when it disappeared I could move again. a classic haggin experience without a hag. haha. I didn't feel any pressure or anything touch, but I couldn't move nonetheless and I was about to jump out the window and stay at my Grandmother's house, but I could not leave my brother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vampirith said:

how to the spirits, phantoms, demi-gods/gods travel to other countries?

Because they are cultural ideas. People share them. 

10-rules-of-memetic-marketing-12-638.jpg

• Thanks 1

I remember my cousin seeing a hag staring at him when he awoke

If you are going to sleep or waking up. You're dealing with either a hypnopompic or hypaogogic hallucination because you are barely conscious. In some cases sleep paralysis.

(Mods. Shouldn't this been in the New Age section?)

The book and then the t.v. series from Neil Gaiman and Stars, American Gods bring up a fantastic question, how to the spirits, phantoms, demi-gods/gods travel to other countries? I have been thinking about that off and on for some time, I am a Tsimshian from Alaska and live in an area that belonged to the Tlingets as a hunting territory, there was never a large population of European, Black or Asian types here on the island we live on. The myths are still our own, we know and remember a lot of our own stories but we have never seen our own supernatural entities like the other cultures seem to have.

Hello

I'm Indian River Nanticoke and 6 Nations Lenape. Glad to see a cuzzen here. We are few and far between.

I'm also a former mask carver and Kiimochknii  "Night Walker" (Controller of Spirits, Keeper and Maker of Sacred Objects)  but I've gone full rogue and I'm a enemy of AIM.

• Like 1