Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beard Owners Unite!

HandsomeGorilla

I generally stay clean shaven during the warmer months, but the season is a comin... Beard season! I'm taking better care of mine this year, I have a bad habit of just letting it do what it wants to do whenever it wants to do it. I'm shaving to just above the Adam's apple, then just letting it grow while keeping the natural edges of it cleaned up.

Who is growing one this year, or already has one? What's your style? Any products or special care for yours? I've used several different oils and balms but keep coming back to Honest Amish or just plain argan oil for mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Haven't you heard of Stoptober, when sensible men* everywhere stop growing their ridiculous beards?

:whistle:

Edited by acute
(*and Black Country women)

1 hour ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Who is growing one this year, or already has one? What's your style? Any products or special care for yours? I've used several different oils and balms but keep coming back to Honest Amish or just plain argan oil for mine.

Kinda depends. I always have stubble and had a full beard I think 3 times this year. I'd say mountain man describes it. Currently I've got stubble and a long goatee and mustache.

I always start out trying it, but I'm too lazy to put in the work of maintaing it so I end up shaving it off.

As a teenager back in the '90's, I never had a beard.

But then in the early 2000s, I grew a rather large beard.  I looked like a mountain man.

However, over the five or six years, I've still kept the beard, but not nearly as long as how I used to have it.  I've kept it short and neat.