Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Sisters Who Spoke To Spirits

person1

“Is there a heaven to obtain?” she asked.

The spirit knocked yes.

Another woman in the room said, “I’m afraid.”

“God will protect you,” Mrs. Redfield told the woman. “The raps are a gift from God, aren’t they?” she gently asked the spirit.

And the spirit said yes.

Very strange account of a haunting.

YMav3BvIQf6A5kpr6ZvO_h7gt0z5RgzQ2pD-qzusTgtBAIYkj4bZA3Oe3S4TMltc.jpg

Can I ask what the original source is for this ? The link just points to an empty Reddit thread.

Thank you.

They must have been tons of fun @ reunions

3 hours ago, Saru said:

Can I ask what the original source is for this ? The link just points to an empty Reddit thread.

Thank you.

The image in the empty Reddit thread non-intuitively links to this article: http://narrative.ly/the-sisters-who-spoke-to-spirits/

Beware, tis long and not very factual.

• Thanks 1

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-fox-sisters-and-the-rap-on-spiritualism-99663697/

First Lady Jane Pierce invited the Fox sisters to the White House to contact her deceased son. Mediums were also brought in to conduct seances for the next First Lady, Mary Todd Lincoln.

http://www.firstladies.org/blog/first-ladies-the-occult-seances-and-spiritualists-part-1/

Edited by susieice

I have definitely heard of this case. According to the skeptics it was a known admitted fraud. My take is it was almost certainly paranormal. There was indeed a paid admission of fraud by one of the alcoholic sisters later in life. (apparently she tried to retract the confession but the damage had been done).

Smarter analysis to me has shown she never gave an explanation on how some of the strongest evidence could ever have been created by fraud.

And there the case stands today.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

who smartly analyzed it? was it you?

Other informed commentators on the case

Just now, Dejarma said:

what does that mean? informed how?

That means after you study all evidence and argumentation on a case, you can then make an informed judgment on what you believe is most likely to have occured.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

That means after you study all evidence and argumentation on a case, you can then make an informed judgment on what you believe is most likely to have occured.

believe/ belief/ faith etc- are all great words but why is all this kinda stuff has not been proven to be fact yet? it's 2018 -- how many people have died over the past 200 thousand years? it must be trillions = yet no facts!

why is this do you think?

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

believe/ belief/ faith etc- are all great words but why is all this kinda stuff has not been proven to be fact yet? it's 2018 -- how many people have died over the past 200 thousand years? it must be trillions = yet no facts!

why is this do you think?

What 'facts' are you looking for? Or the better question is how do you define 'facts'?

There is evidence, like experiential events, investigative cases and controlled laboratory testing, to be considered.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Or the better question is how do you define 'facts'?

you class that as a better/ good meaningful question, do you?

how do i define 'facts'? brilliant mate

i'd luv to see you define the word fact= go on, give us all YOUR definition :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

is this an in joke?= i've no idea what you're on about

The person knocking pretending to be a spirit for these girls. Scam artist.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

The person knocking pretending to be a spirit for these girls. Scam artist.

oh i see.. an American attempting humour- i get it now= knock/ rap.. yeah funny.

give it 50 years & you'll catch up to us English= you know==== the inventors of- hmmm- pretty much everything;)

:D

peace.

dej...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Ya, didn’t think you’d like the logical explanations.

I do like the logical but not skeptic groups only interested in bringing the reader to the conclusion they favor.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I do like the logical but not skeptic groups only interested in bringing the reader to the conclusion they favor.

So the people quoted and cited there are incorrect? Not informed commentators?

Seriously, read the Wiki and let me know what you think please.