Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Sisters Who Spoke To Spirits

person1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I know. To me it sounds like, "let's not think, let's just believe everything. Who needs to figure out the truth."

Some people have already accepted their own version of the 'truth' and they are content with that 'truth' whether there is evidence to support it or not. It's like wanting to believe something so badly that all evidence to the contrary will be ignored or blindly refuted.

Who knows. Who cares. What people choose to believe is entirely up to them. Besides, we all don't know with any certainty what the actual truth really is.

24 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Who knows. Who cares. What people choose to believe is entirely up to them. Besides, we all don't know with any certainty what the actual truth really is.

Some people do. Because when someone else's truth leads to harm. Then it's time to correct such idiocy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Some people do. Because when someone else's truth leads to harm. Then it's time to correct such idiocy. 

All that goes without saying.

5 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

before claiming that they in any way were able to provide non-refutable evidence of an afterlife.

Are you sure you have been reading my posts? Where did I ever make that claim. 

It is my considered opinion that an overall evaluation of the Fox Sisters Case strongly suggests the occurrence of some paranormal activity to be highly likely.

6 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

As for your comment about skeptics, it's misinformed. What skeptics are not comfortable with are people who take advantage of the naive and ignorant, and also of the grieving. It is beyond me how anyone with any sense would believe the nonsense of so-called mediums, especially long after they've admitted that it was all a hoax.

I also oppose taking advantage of the naïve, ignorant and grieving. However, unlike you apparently, I do not think this unscrupulous behavior occurs with all or even the majority of serious mediums. Your last sentence confuses me. It reads as if mediums in general have admitted to being hoaxes. That is certainly not the case of course.

5 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Some people have already accepted their own version of the 'truth' and they are content with that 'truth' whether there is evidence to support it or not. It's like wanting to believe something so badly that all evidence to the contrary will be ignored or blindly refuted.

Now go to a toolbox. Grab a hammer and smack yourself right between the eyes. Your doing it here mentally anyway. :whistle:

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Are you sure you have been reading my posts? Where did I ever make that claim. 

It is my considered opinion that an overall evaluation of the Fox Sisters Case strongly suggests the occurrence of some paranormal activity to be highly likely.

I have indeed been reading your posts.You yourself stated that Crookes' investigations provided the strongest evidence that there was indeed evidence of genuine paranormal activity, Yet, you also stated that you've not studied Crookes in any depth. So how can you be so certain of your conclusion?

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I also oppose taking advantage of the naïve, ignorant and grieving. However, unlike you apparently, I do not think this unscrupulous behavior occurs with all or even the majority of serious mediums. Your last sentence confuses me. It reads as if mediums in general have admitted to being hoaxes. That is certainly not the case of course.

Unlike me? I go by the evidence, and that evidence is factual. The vast majority of mediums are indeed charlatans and have been proved as such. As for that last sentence, my point was that it is beyond me how anyone would still believe in a medium's ability even after he/she has confessed it to be fraudulent. And yes, there are mediums who have indeed admitted to being fakes.

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Now go to a toolbox. Grab a hammer and smack yourself right between the eyes. Your doing it here mentally anyway. :whistle:

Not sure I get your point.

Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Not sure I get your point.

Your debating with a brick wall. :yes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

The vast majority of mediums are indeed charlatans and have been proved as such.

The vast majority of mediums have been proven fraudulent?? Who are these 'official' determiners? 

I see your mindset.

If the Fox Sisters were frauds, they are of no interest whatsoever, and we can go back to concentrating on Megan Fox.