Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scudbuster

Religion........ and its Deep Roots of Fear

4,463 posts in this topic

third_eye
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

As this is all personal and vindictive. I wont reply. I am just going to report 

Very well ...

~

One comment.

Was fun to won't reply even though it lasted for just barely a micro second didn't it ?

~

It was not a lie tha t you included a post i made as a general comment about MANY posters, in with  specific comments I made 

Both sides of ths debate have been reduced to personal attacks and it demonstrates the true character of people when the y do so. 

people except you ?

~

Farts are by definition gaseous 

Solids are a separate by product  (if there is no gas it is not a fart) :) 

Farts contain gases which are combustible. 

Some peoples fart's are more combustible than others.  :) 

Did you forget to remember or is this just you feeling obnoxiously special again ?

Here let you remind yourself ...

On 11/15/2018 at 10:18 AM, Mr Walker said:

All about me, isnt it ? :)

~

Sure  ... sure ....

~

Mr Walker
4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Very well ...

~

Was fun to won't reply even though it lasted for just barely a micro second didn't it ?

~

people except you ?

~

Did you forget to remember or is this just you feeling obnoxiously special again ?

Here let you remind yourself ...

Sure  ... sure ....

~

I include myself in "people", and judge my self even harder than i judge other's behaviours. 

third_eye
1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

I include myself in "people", and judge my self even harder than i judge other's behaviours. 

Didn't stop you from being the hardest accuser now did it ?

~

• Like 1

Sherapy
On 11/14/2018 at 8:55 PM, Will Due said:

"It is better to give than receive." I have given my all, every inch of my being, every dime I've ever made (my bank accounts are zero and I'm sixty years old!) to my family and friends. This started in earnest when I was eighteen, just married and soon to be a father. And now I'm truly rich in "material" things nonetheless! I believed what Jesus said. I did it. And now I'm living proof that what he said is true.

There's a lot more to the story Chuck but without you knowing me from my youth and experiencing some of those events in my life with me, like my family and friends did, what I say here won't do you much good.

I'm certainly not trying to dodge your question but I have committed myself spiritually in so many ways, and towards so many people that because of it, I've grown into something that I know I would not be, if my faith and my growing spiritual experiences over the last 42 years would not have resulted in who I am today.

In my life, this is the evidence of how true religion is alive.

This is spirituality to you? 

Mr Walker
33 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Didn't stop you from being the hardest accuser now did it ?

~

Truth justice and the Australian way  :) 

i don't report often (3 times in 14 years)  but his thread had simply become a series of nasty personal  exchanges attacking  people online, rather than any form of debate.  

I hate bullying, and abhor meanness, nastiness and vindictiveness.  It speaks to something wrong/broken,  deep within a person, when they need to express themselves in that way, and treat other people in such a manner.   

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2

third_eye
6 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

~

[00.01:31]

~

i don't report often (3 times in 14 years)  but his thread had simply become a series of nasty personal  exchanges attacking  people online, rather than any form of debate.  

Who is counting except you ?

~

I hate bullying, and abhor meanness, nastiness and vindictiveness.  It speaks to something wrong/broken,  deep within a person, when they need to express themselves in that way, and treat other people in such a manner.   

Guess its a sign that your heart valves ain't doing too well then, time for a little heart to heart with your personal alien god ...

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guyver
5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's a gimmick in ghost shows. 

Ok, but how do you know that?  I mean, you can’t just claim it’s a gimmick and then not demonstrate how that is true.  Did someone inside the industry leak this fact to you?  Did you have a professional producer reveal that all these shows are BS.  

You see the point?  It’s fine if it’s fake, it’s just that there has to be a good reason and some evidence to support your claim or you’re just stating opinion.  And you know what they say about opinions right?

PS.  Apologies to Dan and Eight for not doing more in their posts. I should be freed up on Sunday.

• Like 1

Sherapy

And that is about all it is worth :)

In a decade i dont think you have EVER managed to profile my psyche, motivation, or nature.

You always extrapolate from your inner understanding of your self and try to impose this  on who I am.

eg i am needy  (or i am bored)  Every day of my life is packed and usually i run out of time to do everything,  despite not going to bed until after 12 and rising about 7 

You wont understand me until  you  accept that the entity i know is real, not a product of my imagination or psychology THEN you  might begin to know and understand me 

You have read my posts. You know very well that my life has been filled with excitement  (for example i have learned more skills. in more areas. than most people ever do. from all sorts of sports, to many mental skills, and things like jewellery making  and cooking;  but more to the point, i find excitement and pleasure in very different things to you. eg i don't need vicarious enjoyment. i get REAL pleasure from  helping others

You make a "city girl" based judgement about what humans need to, be happy content and purposeful and see some lack in my life. I am sure YOU would be miserable living here.

I would hate living where you are (i spent all day yesterday in our capital and it was filled with noise, pollution,  people who showed no interest or care for  others etc.  The  only redeeming  feature was the excellent sushi   variety packs we had for lunch in the hospital restaurant :) If i realy wanted to eat that more often, I am actually a trained sushi chef. Well got a certificate from adult education anyway :) 

While i do tell stories  about my dreams and imagination, you are wrong.

The stories I tell about my life are all true and real You simply can't believe them to be so .

I am here to tell them BECAUSE they are real and true, and people need to know this , not to satisfy any need in my life 

I do enjoy the social interaction ON Um but i  also  get hours of real time interaction with people every day, so it is not a pressing need.

On an average day i would carry on a short to extended conversation with 20 to 30 people. and on many days it would reach 50.   

Ps You are again stating things you KNOW to be untrue from my previous posts, and using them to advance a specious argument. .  I spent my early life until 17 in a town of about 14000 people. i then moved to the city for 4 years  (about 800000 people)  Next came 8 years in a regional city (35000 people from over 100 nations with a major steel works and ship building industry)

I did spend 35 years teaching  in smaller town (about 3500 people) and lived on a farm for 20 of those years.

I've been retired for  5 years, and currently live in a small town of about 2000 people, which has all the essential  services we require as senior citizens :)  

Oh calm down, lol.

To me your life is not interesting, to you it is.

So let's agree to disagree. Lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sherapy
22 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You think it is bullying when one asks for evidence or disagrees with you, or doesn't accept your tales. . Lol 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 2

third_eye
2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

So let's agree to disagree. Lol 

Careful there Sherapy, your heartfelt disagreement might set the valves off kilter and punch the wrong signals to end up as bullying ...

~

PS / you beat me to the punch :lol:

~

~

~

• Haha 1

joc

True ;BUT my premises are generally as true as i can construct them.

They are based on accumulated knowledge, wisdom,  common sense, abilty to analyse, compare contrast and extrapolate etc

My point was this.'

A person who knows that aliens exists because he has met one. MUST begin a logical thread with a different premise to a person who flatly reused to believe that aliens exist.

A person who knows the state,  rate of progress, and direction, of modern sciences will begin with a different premise to one who is ignorant of them. and/or  refuses to believe they are so advanced  

When one is confronted with the truth Mr. Walker...and one attempts to confuse the truth with something else...one puts up what is known in military defense as:

A Smoke Screen

Nice try...

• Thanks 2

third_eye
Just now, joc said:

A Smoke Screen

To be honest, I always saw it as some pseudo dance of the seven veils,  but performed by some old fella wearing a hat and little else ..

~

[00.05:51]

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

rashore

Goodness folks, let us all cool our collars and heels a bit. This has wandered off from the OP theme of topic, and gone overmuch into personal commentary. Please, I enjoin everyone to review the site rules and rules for this section for a bit while this thread is closed for review. 

For the nonce, thread closed for review.