Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Climate Change is a Hoax

FurriesRock

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/geoengineering-tactic-cool-planet-could-hurt-crops

Still, given the potentially severe consequences of climate change, there’s a risk-risk trade-off to consider, Proctor says. “We don’t want to be overoptimistic about humanity’s ability to solve every problem,” he says. “But we do want to explore what might be achievable.”

Doesn't get any dumber than this...a few very rich dimwits get the UN on board and intentionally cool the planet by up to 2.5%, and crop yields fall by almost 10% indefinitely, to fight something that doesn't exist?

Create our own disaster, becuase a few idiots that are determined to believe in a hoax, have a lot of money.

:o

NOTICE TO ALL CONCERNED  There will be skiing in bikinis at Mammoth Mt. California July 4th. Backpackers trying to hike the John Muir or any other trail in the Sierras might consider rescheduling in August. Today's weather report from Donner Pass. 

• Haha 1

These windmills were owned by companies that bought into Doug's business model of minimal  maintenance and long life.  On the ones burning you have to ask how much of the poison CO2 is being released?

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 1

If wind turbines occasionally catch fire or collapse then it obviously proves beyond any doubt whatsoever that human activity is not, in any way at all, having any affect, let alone one adverse to humans, on the climate.

Glad we finally solved it!   :tu:

2 minutes ago, Essan said:

If wind turbines occasionally catch fire or collapse then it obviously proves beyond any doubt whatsoever that human activity is not, in any way at all, having any affect, let alone one adverse to humans, on the climate.

Glad we finally solved it!   :tu:

Humans are not, in any way, responsible for global warming.  We already know that.The science is settled. These wind turbine videos are for the enjoyment of Doug. 

1 minute ago, tortugabob said:

Humans are not, in any way, responsible for global warming.  We already know that.The science is settled. These wind turbine videos are for the enjoyment of Doug. 

And the Earth is flat, hollow, expanding  and just over 6,000 years old.  Yes, we know.   It's elephants all the way .....

Meanwhile, back in the real world.  Researchers have confirmed that human activity and other external factors are responsible for the rise in global temperature.

• Haha 1

If you only watch one video today let it be this one.  The chart on German energy generation starting at 2:34 is worth it's weight in gold. 

• Thanks 1

I bet Essan by himself keeps Kool Aid Inc in business.

Edited by tortugabob

This video may be slightly out of date as it gives total USA wind generation at 2 percent.  Maybe Doug can clarify.  Nevertheless as the video shows the real driver of wind power growth is GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES AND MANDATES.  Without subsidies construction of wind energy facilities go to almost zero as they did in 2013. If you go to 12:00 there is a good chart and explanation of the Production Tax Credit (PTC)

Edited by tortugabob

3 hours ago, tortugabob said:

If you only watch one video today let it be this one.  The chart on German energy generation starting at 2:34 is worth it's weight in gold. 

Bob,  I looked a t a couple of these.  They are politics, not science.   The video starts out with a guy hawking American exceptionalism and ends with him touting his comic books.  This is opinion and ideology  not fact.  You could report on a meeting of power companies, engineers, and environmentalists discussing the cost benefit and location of wind farms.  Or you could pick a political hack piece that belongs in the checkout line at the grocery store along with the National Enquirer announcing that Oprah is carrying Bill Clinton's love child.

There is an upside and a downside to wind, and coal, and solar and natural gas.   Why don't we just talk about it logically instead of bringing in furry bunnies on one side and American exceptionalism on the other?  Talk about freedom?  If every homeowner could generate power through wind, solar, or fuel cells, "diluteness" is not a problem but a solution.  You cannot be truly free if you are slaves to a power plant 100 miles away can you?  

Tatetopa sez: Bob,  I looked a t a couple of these.  They are politics, not science. 

Sorry Tatetopa but AGW and wind power generation are both all about politics. That's pretty much all they have ever been about. They're a lucrative business if you know how to play the game. Now I don't care about American exceptionalism or comic books but go look at the German chart on generation and how demand is being met. The Germans have spend a ton of money on renewable and it's getting them pretty near nothing in return.  They are not making much progress in reducing carbon emissions.   Furthermore they cannot and we will not be able to run a first world industrialized  economy on renewables PERIOD.  And anyone who says you can is basically a liar or an idiot. As the chart shows they cannot even get close to meeting demand.  You true believers dismiss everything that doesn't square with your paradigm. Maybe this thread will still be around when these scams fall flat on their faces. I just hope that in the meantime you are surrounded by these noisy, ugly monstrosities and I hope you enjoy getting your electricity bill when the PTC ends .   

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tortugabob said:

I bet Essan by himself keeps Kool Aid Inc in business.

I have no idea what Kool Aid Inc is, and for the record, I do not like windfarms,

Here is one real world consequence of all this unfounded Alarmism.

Young people blame climate change for their small 401(k) balances

Lori Rodriguez, a 27-year-old communications professional in New York City, is not saving for retirement, and it isn’t necessarily because she can’t afford to — it’s because she doesn’t expect it to matter.

Like many people her age, Rodriguez believes climate change will have catastrophic effects on our planet. Some 88% of millennials — a higher percentage than any other age group — accept that climate change is happening, and 69% say it will impact them in their lifetimes. Engulfed in a constant barrage of depressing news stories, many young people are skeptical about saving for an uncertain future.

Young millennials also believe the government will bail them out of their fiscal mismanagement.  They are the same people who believe there are 50 different gender pronouns and the Russians were responsible for Trump's election. Truly the USA has raised the dumbest generation and the future looks grim. But it's not because of global warming. It's because all those college degrees they borrowed money to earn; well they're basically worthless and the jobs they have at Starbucks pay s**t.   Not saving because of climate change is a cop-out.

Edited by tortugabob

8 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Here is one real world consequence of all this unfounded Alarmism.

Young people blame climate change for their small 401(k) balances

Yeah, the Naz,....ahem propaganda, teachers got from the Feds online, and showed a doc, at school.

They need to have bash the crap out of teachers day, that believe in this nonsense and push this fear based stuff to kids.

But here is someone showing how the end of the world is fun!

So she is saying you will probably be wading water when you are older and can fry ad egg on your car, anytime of the year, but if you are only 15 you can do plenty?

So don't go and play ball and do other sporting type stuff, you need to get the Idiots Guide to Science learn that and do something?

She might be a dimwitted teacher pushing her religion in a lighthearted manner, but Cult leaders to likewise.

Hook, line and sinker!

She does have guts speaking, but shaming parents and adults to do something, geesh, bad idea. It is like those starving children ad's, this kid is in trouble and it is all your fault if you don't cough up, no it isn't, it is the *****up country and the world p****ing away tens of billions on this craps fault.

The entire planet could have had clean drinking water and sanitation to all by now if we didn't go down this Cult bender.

7 hours ago, tortugabob said:

Young millennials also believe the government will bail them out of their fiscal mismanagement.  They are the same people who believe there are 50 different gender pronouns and the Russians were responsible for Trump's election. Truly the USA has raised the dumbest generation and the future looks grim. But it's not because of global warming. It's because all those college degrees they borrowed money to earn; well they're basically worthless and the jobs they have at Starbucks pay s**t.   Not saving because of climate change is a cop-out.

Agreed, we show that computer predictions are next to worthless, and Gores and other predictions, usually backed up with scientists are virtually 100% wrong, but the CCC crowd won't give up fighting climate change.

The Russians have the computer models that work, but that shows the truth so no money.

Australia's Labour party is still licking its wounds, and the insults are flying or used to, or basically some politicians are saying now after rubbishing the Liberals that Austalians are dumb and stupid, since they put their paypackets above "taking action on climate change" eventhough we can take all of the action possible and globally it is a sick joke, or we are too small.

So we are fighting something that is next to useless and p***ing away hundreds of billions on dodgy ways to create electricity.

Sorry we could have been!

In Australia the 18+, (voting age) who believe in the end is nigh are at 70%, which shows that brainwashing children pays off, but of course most pensioners don't believe in it, so...

B)

Doug  sez: "The life expectancy of a wind turbine is 25 to 30 years with minimal maintence, extendable indefinitely beyond that." [My emphasis]

To paraphrase my response I said:  Yeah in your unicorn world.

So our resident expert Doug-splaining the facts:  "I mean if you keep repairing it."Indefinitely" does not mean "forever."  It means the time is uncertain.  Get out a dictionary and look up words you don't know."

Doug if you watch the videos some of the windmills aren't even reaching the projected lifespan of 20 years.  They are being shut down early. The mechanical parts, much less the fiberglass components, apparently cannot take the stresses. And when you have the opportunity to repair these *GSVBOTLs then you have the problem of finding components. Generally companies that manufacture specialized parts don't make it a practice of stocking old parts for long periods of time and twenty years is a long time. They don't like to keep a lot of inventory because it ties up capital.  I know this for a fact.  Once  I tried to order a French manufactured gearbox that was about the size of a 3 ton capacity air conditioning unit. The wait time for delivery was 7 months.. This  gearbox was a component of German made grinder we used to shred waste plastic film. The machine was five years old.  We burned the shredded film generate steam and we couldn't wait seven months. Needless to say I modified this machine to use a gearbox that I could get my hands on quickly. Myself and the maintenance  craftsmen who worked for me were very adept at working around this very real problem in a world where companies are run by bean counters. 

Then Doug sez:   "Wind turbines can be extended beyond 30 years with some maintenance.  Like all power sources, they decrease in efficieny as they age and at the same time, maintenance costs go up.  You tear them down when the maintenace costs exceed the value of the electricity they are generating.  Sort of like trying to decide when to replace your car."

Yeah Doug but in the real  world if your car wears out someone hauls it to the junkyard or crusher. As far as wind mills that's not always been the case as some people in California have learned.  Watch the video and don't ask which one.  Watch the ones I have posted.   

The best Doug line of  the week and there have been a lot of them : "In Oklahoma the wind stops about 10% of the time; however, it is still blowing elsewhere in the same wind farm, meaning that wind farm is generating about 99% of the time.  By networking wind farms together, the risk of wind failure can be virutally eliminated.

You have to roll your eyes and laugh.  Cite your source where it specifically gives a capacity factor of 99 percent in Oklahoma or any one wind farm in Oklahoma..

*Government Subsidized Visual Blights On The Landscape

Edited by tortugabob

The Great Lakes are evaporating away and EVIL WHITE MAN caused global is the culprit.  Feel the guilt.  Feel the shame you deniers.

Warning there is  an ad at the beginning about seeds as the man who made this video is a capitalist and uses the proceeds of his sales to make videos..  Kinda like that guy selling the book about American exceptionalism and comic books that got Tatetopa's panties all in a bunch.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Can See Invisible CO2.

Go on Comrades, try to defend this!

Yes, yes, yes.......l shouldn't say this, but this has strong parallels with the Hitler Young groups. Or brainswash the children to death and they will become warriors of snake oil and Lies, after all a crying kid, is worth his or her weight in gold, (literally).

A nutter only needs to grab a crying kid, and say, see! And l say yep, you and your dimwitted teachers have really screwed this child up, well done, take another End is Nigh button out of petty cash!

2 hours ago, tortugabob said:

The Great Lakes are evaporating away and EVIL WHITE MAN caused global is the culprit.  Feel the guilt.  Feel the shame you deniers.

Warning there is  an ad at the beginning about seeds as the man who made this video is a capitalist and uses the proceeds of his sales to make videos..  Kinda like that guy selling the book about American exceptionalism and comic books that got Tatetopa's panties all in a bunch.

I am feeling it, lol!

30 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Who needs Climate when you can do half the work of destroying Society yourself?

BirthStrikers: meet the women who refuse to have children until climate change ends

Yes, probably for the best! But she can move to New Zealand, where she will be right at home with the sheep!

B)

Funny thing about New Zealand.

It's Frank Luntz's escape plan. 

Hmmm...

what could he possibly know?

3 hours ago, tortugabob said:

Yes, the lakes go up, "Global Warming", the lakes go down, "Global Warming", this has to be the biggest and stupidest cult ever created by humans.

What is worse is National Geographic buying this s***t, and destroying their long history of relatively accurate doc,s and publications.

David Attenborough has already p****ed his credibility away, with the BBC and Netflix going after him.

No this is a cult that is now in the equivalent of a Sunday church service with clowns and magic acts.

Yet the believers keep believing eventhough their sources are becoming crazy, but no surprizes there.

^_^

14 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Funny thing about New Zealand.

It's Frank Luntz's escape plan. 

Hmmm...

what could he possibly know?

Frank Luntz's, isn't Justin Beiber and De Caprio enough!!! Probably not enough experts, we really need Franchis the Talking Mule, and kermit on board.

:lol:

Edited by tmcom