Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
FurriesRock

Climate Change is a Hoax

3,781 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Doug1o29
3 minutes ago, tortugabob said:

quoting tmcom :" I expect that he will return soon, to crack the s****ts big time, like a child having his CCC lollypoop yanked away from him, so l will look forward to that light entertainment, lol."

I'm trying to remember who else in here is from Oz.  I know it's not marsman.  We ran him off before the election.  And our resident expert on American coal is that Irishman who told us in  ten years there would be no mining of coal in America.  He's probably the one who told Al Gore there would be no snow in a decade ..........  what was that?  Back in 2001?  Anyway we ran him off before the Oz election. What sobbing snowkflake are you referring to?

You need to be specific.  WHO said there would be no coal mining in America in ten years?  Please cite the article.

My own opinion:  there will always be a small amount of coal mining in America to supply industries that can't get along without it.

Snow is being brought to you courtesy of the Polar Vortex which is forcing Arctic storms to dip southward to get around it.  That's weather, not climate, but the "wild weather" has been going on at least since 2007, so we're 11 years into the 30-year minimum.

Doug

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tortugabob

Doug sez; "Mistaking radians ofr degrees is NOT a minor mistake.  It conpletely invalidates the paper."

Radians or degrees.  It was probably a a typo by his grad student typist.  But this isn't about his paper.  This is about the points he makes on the climate models and their projections.  Projections that are way off the mark as shown by their lousy predictions.   

Earth to Doug......Earth to Doug. Come in Berlin!    We still have snow. NYC is still above water.  The polar bears are thriving. And the hurricanes and tornadoes are no more violent than they ever were.  Doug-splain that to us my good man. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1o29
2 minutes ago, tortugabob said:

The Dougster sez: "When did I last have a job in private industry?  I ran my own forestry consulting business from 1991 to 2003.  Does that count?" 

 

I have two ways to answer this. 1) Not when your paycheck came from the government funding and/or  2) Were you the one who recommended that US national forests be planted in mono-culture pine forests so that timber companies could maximize their profits at taxpayer and wildlife expense?

I worked for private landowners.  I had three major clients and 50 little ones.  Dwarf-mistletoe control was a big item, as was Defensible Space and forest management planning.  I also planted windbreaks.  I had one small reforestation job following the Black Tiger Fire (Google it.).  

About monculture on National Forests:  that was initiated long before my time - I believe it has been policy since Gifford Pinchot initiated it.  The only thing I had to do with it was Stage II cruising on old clearcuts to see if the stands were regenerating properly.

Some species, like Douglas-fir, grow in natural monocultures.  Not all monocultures are bad.

Doug

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1o29
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, tortugabob said:

Doug sez; "Mistaking radians ofr degrees is NOT a minor mistake.  It conpletely invalidates the paper."

Radians or degrees.  It was probably a a typo by his grad student typist.  But this isn't about his paper.  This is about the points he makes on the climate models and their projections.  Projections that are way off the mark as shown by their lousy predictions.   

Earth to Doug......Earth to Doug. Come in Berlin!    We still have snow. NYC is still above water.  The polar bears are thriving. And the hurricanes and tornadoes are no more violent than they ever were.  Doug-splain that to us my good man. 

The paper is written by the lead author, not his grad student.  If the grad student wrote it, his name would appear as lead author.

This is about how reliable McKitrick's work is:  not very.

 

Once again:  be specific.  Exactly what was predicted (cite the source)?  All you have presented are your own opinions.  Let's see some facts.

 

Yes.  We still have snow.  Did anybody ever say we wouldn't?  Who?  In what publication?  Cite your source.

New York is still above water, but not quite as far above as it was thirty years ago.  New York is building a coffer dam around Manhattan - called The Big U.  They're afraid of another storm like Sandy.  And they're talking about building storm barreirs so they don't get another one.  Not everybody has their head in the sand.

Polar bears survived the Altithermal when the Arctic Ocean was open, except for some local ice in the Canadian islands.  They will probably decline in numbers, but extinction doesn't appear too likely, barring an ecosystem collapse.  We had some discussions on this on UM.  The crucial discovery was some floating wood caught in the ice.  It radio-carbon dated to 8000 YBP.  It takes two years for wood to get water-logged and sink.  So this wood had floated down one of three rivers that drain into the Arctic Ocean and floated to this location, proving that the Arctic Ocean was open.  Polar bears didn't go extinct then, so it's unlikely that they'll do so this time.  SO:  who predicted they would go extinct?  Cite your source.

There has been an increase in the numbers of Category 4 and 5 huirricanes.  I don't have a count on tornadoes, but last year's outbreak of 119 tornadoes made the record books; there was a llarger outbreak in 1974 - 174 tornadoes in 24 hours..  Besides, it's not the intensity that will increase; it's the number of them.  There has also been an increase in the number of smaller storms on the Great Plains.  "The times they are a-changing."

Doug

 

 

Edited by Doug1o29
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lost_shaman
57 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

I don't have a count on tornadoes, but last year's outbreak of 119 tornadoes made the record books;

Last year was a record LOW in the number of Tornadoes in the 65 years that records have been kept! It sure made the record books but for the exact opposite reason you are stating.

2018 was one of the least active years on record for US tornadoes; No twister rated EF4 or higher

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tortugabob
tortugabob
1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

Last year was a record LOW in the number of Tornadoes in the 65 years that records have been kept! It sure made the record books but for the exact opposite reason you are stating.

2018 was one of the least active years on record for US tornadoes; No twister rated EF4 or higher

Don't quote facts to Doug. They weren't in one of his peer reviewed journals. Obviously suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
12 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

When it comes to climate science, the news media are not at all reliable.  The peer-reviewed journal article is still the gold standard of scientific truth.

Doug

Climate Science = https://www.google.com/search?q=the+sky+is+falling+the+sky+is+falling&oq=the+sky+is+falling+the+sky+is+falling&aqs=chrome..69i57.7991j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
10 hours ago, tortugabob said:

Doug sez; "Mistaking radians ofr degrees is NOT a minor mistake.  It conpletely invalidates the paper."

Radians or degrees.  It was probably a a typo by his grad student typist.  But this isn't about his paper.  This is about the points he makes on the climate models and their projections.  Projections that are way off the mark as shown by their lousy predictions.   

Earth to Doug......Earth to Doug. Come in Berlin!    We still have snow. NYC is still above water.  The polar bears are thriving. And the hurricanes and tornadoes are no more violent than they ever were.  Doug-splain that to us my good man. 

Thanks @tortugabob, looks like it is finally starting to sink in, but not accepted.

Interesting points, but the world will still be in the s****er in ten years, sort of acceptance, (if it can be called that).

 

This is the latest sucking at the gov, teat til it bleeds propaganda.

http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-blog/gimme_gimme_shock_treatment1/

And here is a video from one of the people cited in the article.

We posted another one of his video's previously, the one where he burns the globe, and we thought he was joking, unfortunately he wasn't...

And yeah, his numbers at the start are a fantasy, and the rest just as bad, maybe David Attenborough should do a video with him, lol.

And another one that is cited in the article...

She says now, that she was kidding,.....does she look like she is kidding in the video above, nope!

Just another 12 year old niave dimwit that bought this crap, realized later that it is crap and is trying to wriggle her way out of it, yeah,.... firing squad!

Quote

While shock treatment may be a remedy for some, it is generally considered a last-ditch effort. There is so much to be skeptical about regarding the cause of warming that it appears there is a form of desperation emerging here. Is it because environmental crusaders are truly concerned?

My better angels say yes, there are honest people who have true intent and absolute commitment. But when I look at the shock treatment occurring in Pennsylvania and its tiny impact on temperatures, one has to wonder if the intent is to slow down the American economy. Then when I look at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s comments, it reminds me of a child who said something wrong and then said he was only kidding.

This is all a form of shock treatment. It will be interesting to see what the next shock is.

So there you have it, this media/gov circus is almost over, and they are resorting to more and more shocking projections, to keep it running. Rather like a religion that is losing members and resorts to more shocking sermons or magic acts.

Which means that the believers will be running about more, and l guess we will have a higher entertainment ratio.

Yeah, the next shock, "The Reef will Really, Really, Really Get It" , lol.

:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
Posted (edited)

But wait there's more...

https://www.news.com.au/national/federal-election/australians-are-dumb-celebs-fury-at-scott-morrison-federal-election-win/news-story/8392a4c2d8540d0c895808896c61409d

Apparently celebrates, (the real experts) in AU, are considering moving to New Zealand, which is a plus for us, and remarks that Australians are Morons, and stupid, (the stupid remark comes, l believe from Labours energy minister, sorry cannot find it, but l read it in todays paper).

True we are all going to perish in a global disaster since we are going to do little to curb it, eventhough we can do little to curb it, (l know).

As l said previously, shock tactics, the true believers running rampant, screaming save my children, (my brainwashed children) and the rest of us, grabbing the popcorn, and watch how far they will go?

Here is the true climate expert...

The full video isn't available anymore, which is a pity considering l bought a full bag of popcorn, sniff.

Before the flood,.....o.......k.  And he says, "so much l don't know" can't argue with that point.

This one is closer to the truth...

p***es away substantial amounts of cash, and uses fossil fuels like their is no tomorrow, (lol)

Another rich, brat, pushing pseudo-religous scientific dogma, with a lot of emotion and not much else.

:nw:

Edited by tmcom
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
34 minutes ago, tmcom said:

But wait there's more...

https://www.news.com.au/national/federal-election/australians-are-dumb-celebs-fury-at-scott-morrison-federal-election-win/news-story/8392a4c2d8540d0c895808896c61409d

Apparently celebrates, (the real experts) in AU, are considering moving to New Zealand, which is a plus for us, and remarks that Australians are Morons, and stupid, (the stupid remark comes, l believe from Labours energy minister, sorry cannot find it, but l read it in todays paper).

....

See if you can't persuade them to go to Canada instead. They can then meet up with all those American celebrities who promised to go to Canada if Trump was elected. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tortugabob

CLIMATE SCIENTISTS ARE IN DENIAL.  CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GLACIER WON'T DO WHAT THEIR CLIMATE MODELS TELL IT TO DO.  MANY ARE SAYING FOR PEOPLE TO NOT BELIEVE THEIR OWN LYING EYES AND TRUST IN THE SACRED PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS.

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/greenland-ice-glacier-growing-as-climate-alarmists-go-into-mass-hysteria-that-defies-real-world-measurements/

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan

Apparently some celebrities also think smoking and excessive alcohol is bad for you.  But that eating fruit and nuts is good and that you really ought to drink more than 100ml of water a day.,

So that must all be lies too :lol:    What a crazy world some of you live in.   Just keep the tin foil hats on tight!   And watch out for the chemtrails in the night ...... :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
2 hours ago, tortugabob said:

CLIMATE SCIENTISTS ARE IN DENIAL.  CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GLACIER WON'T DO WHAT THEIR CLIMATE MODELS TELL IT TO DO.  MANY ARE SAYING FOR PEOPLE TO NOT BELIEVE THEIR OWN LYING EYES AND TRUST IN THE SACRED PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS.

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/greenland-ice-glacier-growing-as-climate-alarmists-go-into-mass-hysteria-that-defies-real-world-measurements/

Yeah, this is what happens when solid evidence meets, nutcase climate scientist, they still try to turn it into a negative or say that it isn't true, when it is.

This is like the Emporers New Clothes, some are convincing the King and public that it is invisible, but a sane person can say that he is naked, and are you nuts in trying to convince me that he is wearing something.

Some have been indoctrinated or brainwashed for so long that this cause is part of their lives, and add hysteria to the mix and you get a drug addict getting down from a high.

B)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tortugabob
Posted (edited)

AFTER MILLIONS  AND MILLIONS OF NEW YORK TAXPAYER SUBSIDIES  TESLA COMPANY CAN'T FIND ANY SOLAR PANEL BUYERS IN USA.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-17/tesla-buffalo-plant-exporting-most-solar-cells-large-asian-buyer-solar-roof

It seems this is another renewable energy scam going South.

Gotta love this quote in the article  "California data shows that only 21 solar roof systems were connected by the state's three investor-owned utilities as of February 28. Only a "few others" are connected elsewhere in the U.S., according to a former Tesla employee. Tesla, not surprisingly, decided not to comment, despite the fact that Musk once called the acquisition of Solar City a "no brainer". 

A no brainer acquisition indeed!

 

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1o29
16 hours ago, tmcom said:

Thanks @tortugabob, looks like it is finally starting to sink in, but not accepted.

Interesting points, but the world will still be in the s****er in ten years, sort of acceptance, (if it can be called that).

 

This is the latest sucking at the gov, teat til it bleeds propaganda.

http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-blog/gimme_gimme_shock_treatment1/

And here is a video from one of the people cited in the article.

We posted another one of his video's previously, the one where he burns the globe, and we thought he was joking, unfortunately he wasn't...

And yeah, his numbers at the start are a fantasy, and the rest just as bad, maybe David Attenborough should do a video with him, lol.

And another one that is cited in the article...

She says now, that she was kidding,.....does she look like she is kidding in the video above, nope!

She introduced a Resolution to Congress.  That's not "kidding."  It's in the Congressional Record.

Resolutions are not binding.  They simply say that this is the will of the Congress and that they intend to start working on this problem. Notice that it failed in the Senate.

Ocasio-Cortez is a bit naive.  Also, she's jumping the gun on implementing terraforming and/or geoengineering.  The technology is not even close to ready.  But otherwise, she makes good sense.  Her proposals are being worked on by bipartisan committees away from the public spotlight.  So the actions called for are, in fact, being implemented.  That being said, I don't expect to see much happening for a couple of years, yet.

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1o29
2 hours ago, tortugabob said:

AFTER MILLIONS  AND MILLIONS OF NEW YORK TAXPAYER SUBSIDIES  TESLA COMPANY CAN'T FIND ANY SOLAR PANEL BUYERS IN USA.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-17/tesla-buffalo-plant-exporting-most-solar-cells-large-asian-buyer-solar-roof

It seems this is another renewable energy scam going South.

Gotta love this quote in the article  "California data shows that only 21 solar roof systems were connected by the state's three investor-owned utilities as of February 28. Only a "few others" are connected elsewhere in the U.S., according to a former Tesla employee. Tesla, not surprisingly, decided not to comment, despite the fact that Musk once called the acquisition of Solar City a "no brainer". 

A no brainer acquisition indeed!

 

That's strange, I saw two new solar farms along I-70 in Ohio just a couple weeks ago.  I'll keep an eye out for more.

Solar panels are quickly becoming obsolete.  They are not competitive with wind or gas.  The new perovskites are just now becoming available.  They are cheaper and more efficient.  Tesla put its eggs in the wrong basket.  Should have waited.

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lost_shaman

Was just watching Fox News and Joe Bastardi from Weatherbell was talking and he said that the Computer Models were predicting a lot of heat for most of the U.S. and he said that is not what they are seeing, he said "It's like the Models can't predict cold air anymore."

I'm sure they can't when all this heating from CO2 is baked into them and that heating doesn't actually happen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1o29
3 hours ago, tmcom said:

Yeah, this is what happens when solid evidence meets, nutcase climate scientist, they still try to turn it into a negative or say that it isn't true, when it is.

This is like the Emporers New Clothes, some are convincing the King and public that it is invisible, but a sane person can say that he is naked, and are you nuts in trying to convince me that he is wearing something.

Some have been indoctrinated or brainwashed for so long that this cause is part of their lives, and add hysteria to the mix and you get a drug addict getting down from a high.

B)

Just because most glaciers are in retreat doesn't mean they all are.  The Karakoram glaciers are practically all advancing.  Otherwise, temperate zone glaciers are an endangered species.

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1o29
Just now, lost_shaman said:

Was just watching Fox News and Joe Bastardi from Weatherbell was talking and he said that the Computer Models were predicting a lot of heat for most of the U.S. and he said that is not what they are seeing, he said "It's like the Models can't predict cold air anymore."

I'm sure they can't when all this heating from CO2 is baked into them and that heating doesn't actually happen. 

Is he talking about WEATHER models or CLIMATE models?

BTW:  we're in another "hiatus," the second one this century.  Ups and downs are normal.  What is the 30-year average doing?

Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lost_shaman
1 minute ago, Doug1o29 said:

Is he talking about WEATHER models or CLIMATE models?

He is talking about the Weather models that go out several Months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1o29

For you weather afficionados.  The unofficial precip for the last two days around here is 13 inches.  Don't know if that's a daily record, but it's not a monthly one.  That came from my back yard weather station which won't get included in anything official.

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lost_shaman
4 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

  The unofficial precip for the last two days around here is 13 inches.

That's a pretty good Drip there! What is that about a quarter of your yearly average?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1o29
2 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

That's a pretty good Drip there! What is that about a quarter of your yearly average?

Almost half.

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tortugabob

This is a good TED talk on the fallacy of running a first world industrialized nation on renewable energy.  Worth watching for information when you need to show the "sky-is-falling" crowd what reality looks like. There is not enough viable locations or area to put up all the windmills you would need. Doug talks about all the windmills he sees along I-70.  Yeah all subsidized by the American taxpayer and the electrical customers.  And he never mentions the gas turbine generators  that have to run at low fire for those times when the wind doesn't blow. Thank God that there is very little land in the USA where the wind blows enough to "justify" putting up those ugly bird killing monstrosities. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.