Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rock Apes of the Vietnam War

Grandpa Greenman

2 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I think that's probably because palms are easier than faces. But it might have been the same one. 

True but the one I saw looked like it was shot. Had blood in the ice. Don't remember where. I remember that in detail because my grandfather and I talked about it for years after

I went through the pics and didn't see any  blood.

27 minutes ago, Piney said:

True but the one I saw looked like it was shot. Had blood in the ice. Don't remember where. I remember that in detail because my grandfather and I talked about it for years after

I went through the pics and didn't see any  blood.

Ah but there are no photos from the original exhibition. And none if it in the ice. There are drawings though. But obviously, it was deforsted and re-frozen from time to time. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Ah but there are no photos from the original exhibition. And none if it in the ice. There are drawings though. But obviously, it was deforsted and re-frozen from time to time. 

There are some contemporary photos of the creature in ice that were published in Heuvelmans (1969) and Sanderson (1969).

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Grandpop was a "Worker" not a "Believer" so he didn't believe in supernatural creatures. He believed our legendary creatures were once living beings. I was horrified that somebody would shoot a being like the Miisinghk and it bothered me for a long time. 

• Like 3

This was on Animal X many years ago. It was said it was in a cage being airlifted in the jungle. Many of the Americans reported sightings of an ape in the forests. From what i believe it may have been an orangutan

11 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

This was on Animal X many years ago. It was said it was in a cage being airlifted in the jungle. Many of the Americans reported sightings of an ape in the forests. From what i believe it may have been an orangutan

Orangutans haven't inhabited mainland Asia since the Pleistocene, so a gibbon would be more likely if this occurred in Vietnam.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Yes, that's where I heard it ended up. 

The question is, is it the original one? Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those who believes the original was the corpse of a real cryptohominid which was later replaced with a fake. I'm just wondering if it's Hansen's original gaff or just a good replica. Considering how spotty the records are I think either is possible.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

The question is, is it the original one? Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those who believes the original was the corpse of a real cryptohominid which was later replaced with a fake. I'm just wondering if it's Hansen's original gaff or just a good replica. Considering how spotty the records are I think either is possible.

The conspiracy theorist inside me says they very well could’ve swapped it out... my rational mind tells me he got picked up by the grays and got brought back to life like captain America 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

I thought exactly the same thing.

• Like 1