Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Labour calls ban on early foetus gender test

Still Waters

Labour is calling for a ban on parents-to-be being told the sex of their baby after early blood tests, amid fears it may lead to abortions of girls.

The Non-Invasive Prenatal Test (NIPT) is used by the NHS to test for genetic conditions, but people can pay for it privately to discover a baby's sex.

Labour MP Naz Shah said it was morally wrong for people to use the test to abort pregnancies based on the outcome.

The Department of Health said it would continue to review the evidence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45497454

So whatever happened to Labours upholding of the right of a woman to choose ? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

So whatever happened to Labours upholding of the right of a woman to choose ? 

Labor and the Democrats slam the Right for pushing their Christian morals yet push their own....

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

Labor and the Democrats slam the Right for pushing their Christian morals yet push their own....

Hmm.. I'm struggling to see what moral imperative is being upheld (or trampled) here ? 

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. I'm struggling to see what moral imperative is being upheld (or trampled) here ? 

The Democrats here are always slamming the Christian right yet pushing their own standards (PC) of right and wrong. 

Indians never cared about being called "Indian" and we've never cared if anyone wants to wear beads and fringe and hang a dream catcher on your car's mirror yet a SWJ would scream how wrong it is. i.e. racist terms/ cultural appropriation. 

Well.. to be fair.. I think the 'headline' is a bit misleading ? It's only Naz Shah who is calling for the ban, not the entire labour party ? 

6 hours ago, Piney said:

The Democrats here are always slamming the Christian right yet pushing their own standards (PC) of right and wrong. 

Indians never cared about being called "Indian" and we've never cared if anyone wants to wear beads and fringe and hang a dream catcher on your car's mirror yet a SWJ would scream how wrong it is. i.e. racist terms/ cultural appropriation. 

SJWs love to patronize other ethnic groups with the slogan "We know what's best for you".  So they act like they have the moral high ground to determine what is racist, even if the ethnic groups don't think it is racist.  Wish minorities would speak up for themselves because Western culture is constantly changing by the liberal lefties in politics and the media who are clearly more interested in satisfying the SJWs instead of listening to the actual ethnic communities who are treated more like special projects instead of human beings capable of independent thought.  If they don't find it racist, then someone in their group needs to tell the SJWs their service is not required, or better yet, ask them to visit Iran or Africa where they might be of better use to the local communities over there.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

SJWs love to patronize other ethnic groups with the slogan "We know what's best for you".

It's not even "White Guilt" it's for brownie points from their attitudes.  My stepsister and I had this conversation yesterday. ( She's a war orphan). We are 3%  of the population. We don't have a vote. Hell, we couldn't elect a county freeholder in the county were centered in.  So the SJWs make the decisions. Not us. 

Seems like they're just withholding information from the parents for some hypothetical reason that doesn't make any sense.

If it's legal to get an elective abortion, then it's legal. 

If they wanted to impose specific conditions, they missed the boat on that one. 

• Like 1

I think their concern is the same one they had in India and China. Abortions were being used by parents to abort girl babies because culturally they wanted son's. What happened is they then were short girls when generations started growing up to marry these son's. Aborting based on sex alone causes long term problems...besides being, imo, morally reprehensible.