Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monkey escapes research lab: On the run

Eldorado

Just now, OverSword said:

The headline should read:

Genetically enhanced super monkey uses mind control to escape captivity, apocalypse looms.

cages have minds??? that could be a lot bigger issue than runaway monkey

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

You guys really think he's contaminated with an unknown virus? Here's what the place is about. If he was breeding, he'll be ok. There are no monkeys native to Louisiana. If not, they will have to warn the public or face dire consequences from a lot of very angry people. That's likely to happen anyway.

When a group of baboons escaped from Great Adventure into the Ocean County section of the Pine Barrens nobody said anything. Off roaders started reporting Bigfoot and Jersey Devil sightings in the Howell Area then when I hooked up with "Fat Glenn" the game warden I was told to keep it under wraps. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

When a group of baboons escaped from Great Adventure into the Ocean County section of the Pine Barrens nobody said anything. Off roaders started reporting Bigfoot and Jersey Devil sightings in the Howell Area then when I hooked up with "Fat Glenn" the game warden I was told to keep it under wraps. 

I don't recall hearing about this. What happened to the baboons? Were they captured? Apes are great tree climbers. They can't really be fenced in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

I don't recall hearing about this. What happened to the baboons? Were they captured? Apes are great tree climbers. They can't really be fenced in.

They were darted and captured by some Philly Zoo guys. None were killed that I know of. It was the same time various rides were coming unscrewed ( You have to remember that) and they didn't need any more bad PR. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

They were darted and captured by some Philly Zoo guys. None were killed that I know of. It was the same time various rides were coming unscrewed ( You have to remember that) and they didn't need any more bad PR. 

Yes. I remember problems with some of the rides. I'm glad none of them were killed. Apes are hard to contain. They are expert climbers and more intelligent than people want to give them credit for.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Who are you and why should I care what you think. 

Why, that's ouija ouija.  Very nice English lady.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Not in my opinion. 

Yeah, but you are kind of a grouch sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Yeah, but you are kind of a grouch sometimes.

I have my very personal reason. She will be one of the few who I will never give a second chance to. 

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I have my very personal reason. She will be one of the few who I will never give a second chance to. 

See.  Grouchy.

• Haha 1

It sounds like that film.

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Not in my opinion. 

this is one of the times I really wish you were able to give a thumbs down to posts.

1 minute ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

this is one of the times I really wish you were able to give a thumbs down to posts.

Spooky! I was just thinking that a 'thumbs down' is a frustrating omittance.

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I'm thinking he is gator/python food.

I agree that he may end up food for an animal.   I wonder if coons would attack a small monkey?

Are there pythons in Louisiana? 

• Like 3

Just now, Myles said:

Are there pythons in Louisiana? 

i have no doubt there are, pretty sure someone let their pet snake out, or it got lose. iirc Florida has infestation of pythons, not native ones. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aztek said:

i have no doubt there are, pretty sure someone let their pet snake out, or it got lose. iirc Florida has infestation of pythons, not native ones. 

I'm sure there are some.   I question if there are enough to make it likely that 1 small monkey in the state will be killed by one.  

• Like 2

Just now, Myles said:

I'm sure there are some.   I question if there are enough to make it likely that 1 small monkey in the state will be killed by one.  

that would be hard to say even if pythons were native and in abundance.  if we talk about 1 monkey

however, since monkey was kept in a cage, possibly from birth, it has no skills to survive. even with no pythons or crocks,

Edited by aztek

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

that would be hard to say even if pythons were native and in abundance.  if we talk about 1 monkey

however, since monkey was kept in a cage, possibly from birth, it has no skills to survive. even with no pythons or crocks,

My guess would be getting hit by a vehicle will be the ending for him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

on one hand i want him to be found before he gets hurt, otoh, living in the lab, is like getting hurt 24\7. maybe it'll survive in the wild,  i give him more chances there than with humans. hopefully he is saved from being experimented on any longer

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Why, that's ouija ouija.  Very nice English lady.  ;)

I think she lives in Cornwall, over the English border, but it's nice to see that Weej and XenoChris have reached an unamicable non-truce. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think he’s got a shot at surviving the wild. The south stays green all year, so plenty to eat. If he can learn the rules to the games of the local wild life he just might do alright. 

• Like 2