Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man admits to causing New Jersey UFO scare

UM-Bot

Interesting story but the claims of mass panic seem to be false. Calling and reporting is not panic. The idea of panic here is about as true as it was for the 1938 WOTWs event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Mass panic. Certainly looks terrifying to me. :rolleyes:

Well the bag was black... and it's in the US ! ;)

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Well the bag was black... and it's in the US ! ;)

Yeah, I'm shocked a cop didn't empty a clip into it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, stereologist said:

Cops in NJ do carry binoculars - at least some do. They probably quickly figured out it was trash blowing in the wind.

All of them do. :tu:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

All of them do. :tu:

I knew that in a UFO incident NJ cops were able to identify the objects as flares hanging from balloons - using binoculars. The UFO group  investigating denied that was possible since the light were "proven" not to be flares by that same group. Then again someone confessed and was prosecuted. They even made videos of tying flares to balloons. Seems the UFO investigators were somewhat (totally) incompetent.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stereologist said:

I knew that in a UFO incident NJ cops were able to identify the objects as flares hanging from balloons - using binoculars. The UFO group  investigating denied that was possible since the light were "proven" not to be flares by that same group. Then again someone confessed and was prosecuted. They even made videos of tying flares to balloons. Seems the UFO investigators were somewhat (totally) incompetent.

I don't even remember seeing this incident on NJNs police log, but I must of missed it because it was a side note but I've been reading it closely because I have a friend involved in all the *** Blocked *** stings up and down the state.

The BFRO and 'Bigfoot Hunters' were poking around in a 100 acre Camden County game park where he was never sighted so the actions of the UFO "investigators" don't surprise me.

Morons.....

Edited by Piney

49 minutes ago, Piney said:

I don't even remember seeing this incident on NJNs police log, but I must of missed it because it was a side note but I've been reading it closely because I have a friend involved in all the *** Blocked *** stings up and down the state.

The BFRO and 'Bigfoot Hunters' were poking around in a 100 acre Camden County game park where he was never sighted so the actions of the UFO "investigators" don't surprise me.

Morons.....

This is the event https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morristown_UFO_hoax

A documentary covered the event. The documentary shows a NJ state trooper using binoculars identifying the objects as flares hanging from balloons. It also shows 3 investigators from some bumbling outfit that they had performed tests and shown that flares did not match the light sources.

On April 1, 2009, Rudy and Russo came forward with video evidence proving they were the perpetrators of this hoax, demonstrating how easy it is to fool the so-called UFO "experts."

The Morristown UFO has been featured on the homepage of the American documentary television series UFO Hunters. Host Bill Birnes investigated the January 5, 2009, sighting and interviewed several eyewitnesses. Throughout the two-part mini-documentary, Bill Birnes and his team do not accept previous skeptic claims that the lights could have been Chinese lanterns or flares. "We know this couldn't be flares attached to a rigid structure."

• Thanks 1

Just because some one wears a badge does not make their testimony ( aka sighting) any more valid than some one without a badge....It's all bad because we are human and have this innate ability to always get it wrong some how.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

How do we know this guy is telling the truth. He probably made this up, so people can rest and come to the conclusion that was his experiment.

What was the experiment for anyhow?