Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Group offers $11,700 for proof of superpowers

UM-Bot

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'm too busy winning in Vegas for this. 

Exactly what i was thinking. Why would anyone want anyone to know they have such a gift? Discreet, place your bet, win, feign excitement walk away with millions, enjoy life and if you are a good soul, help others with your gifts.

Personally I have seen very weird occurrences in my life, things that cannot be explained by anyone. Although I have never seen these specific powers materialize in my personal life, I hold out hope that there are some, maybe one in a billion, that can do super spectacular things and use it for good. I would not say no to these powers if they existed and could be learned. Imagine the possibilities. What an absolutely awesome gift to have, if it is possible.

• Like 1

Correct me if I’m wrong, wasn’t it a million dollars at one point? With janes randi or something like that?

guess the rest of it was used to keep the lights on :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The CIA of the United States government released 13 million pages of declassified documents online not long ago. Those included experiments they performed with Uri Geller and his remote viewing ability. Note that the link that follows is the actual cia.gov certified Central Intelligence Agency [US] website. https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00791R000100480003-3.pdf

Lousy prize, who are they kidding.

16 hours ago, acute said:

I know someone who could easily win that, and he could've won Randi's million, but he won't come forward.

He prefers his life just the way it is.

How convenient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, acute said:

A strong vibrating energy between his hands. I think it's a Psi Ball, but I don't know much about them.

And, other than his word, how does this manifest itself? Can he actually do anything with this "energy"?

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 1

I found this statement to be rather odd.  Proving their claims are nonsense will make them look ridiculous, won't it?    

I wonder if they have co-workers and friends watching through one way glass.   It would be funny watching someone trying to make a piece of paper move.  

"We're not here to make people look ridiculous," said researcher Rainer Wolf who oversees the testing. "We just want to show that many such claims are nonsense."

*cracks knuckles*
Easiest $11,700 I ever made (what an oddly specific cash amount)

18 hours ago, Rockc819 said:

That’s an oddly specific amount of prize money.

Maybe it's like a radio show prize if someone fails the prize goes up.

19 minutes ago, Talion78 said:

Maybe it's like a radio show prize if someone fails the prize goes up.

It's going to reach an extremely high number if that's how it works. 

• Haha 1

Maybe it is a number with supernatural powers of making all the tests fail!

Myself, I don't demonstrate my superpowers for anything less than $100,000.00. Just Kidding .... $50,000 works for me!

21 hours ago, Trihalo42 said:

The CIA of the United States government released 13 million pages of declassified documents online not long ago. Those included experiments they performed with Uri Geller and his remote viewing ability. Note that the link that follows is the actual cia.gov certified Central Intelligence Agency [US] website. https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00791R000100480003-3.pdf

They spent 20 million and got nothing. 

Puts these prizes to shame doesnf it. 

All that money and still nothing. 

I suppose we got a good book and a funny movie out of it. That's about it though. 

51aGOe10qTL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

All that money and still nothing. 

I don't know. I think psychological warfare might have been born out of it. Not psychic scanners head popping nonsense.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't know. I think psychological warfare might have been born out of it. Not psychic scanners head popping nonsense.

US 'intelligence' claimed the Russians had been doing research in this area, and the CIA felt they had to keep up. 

Paranoia and rumour, the same thing that aways has, and still keeps producing paranormal claims. 

Just now, psyche101 said:

US 'intelligence' claimed the Russians had been doing research in this area, and the CIA felt they had to keep up. 

Paranoia and rumour, the same thing that aways has, and still keeps producing paranormal claims. 

I figured it was a p***ing contest between the two. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I figured it was a p***ing contest between the two. 

It ended up that way, but I don't think the Soviets actually had anything going at the time, and I haven't heard about such a huge amount of money being wasted by them like the CIA did. 

On Wed Sep 19 2018 at 6:00 AM, Trihalo42 said:

If Uri was any good and Cia found him genuine and useful he would be now heading the USA department of psych defense unit. 

• Thanks 1

On 19/09/2018 at 12:09 PM, Emma_Acid said:

How convenient. 

Please explain.

I don't think it's "convenient" that your life will be turned upside-down, when you presently have a happy home with a wife and five children.

On 19/09/2018 at 12:11 PM, Emma_Acid said:

And, other than his word, how does this manifest itself? Can he actually do anything with this "energy"?

As I said on page 1, I don't know what he can do with it. Although he has demonstrated it to me, he doesn't like the subject being brought up. That's his choice.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, acute said:

Please explain.

I don't think it's "convenient" that your life will be turned upside-down, when you presently have a happy home with a wife and five children.

It's very convenient that powers that would change physics, biology and evolutionary theory forever always seem to be in the possession of people who never want to do anything with it other than make youtube videos.

Not only do I not believe their claims, I don't think they understand the claims they're making.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, acute said:

As I said on page 1, I don't know what he can do with it. Although he has demonstrated it to me, he doesn't like the subject being brought up. That's his choice.

And what form did the demonstration take? Did you measure heat? Sound? Light?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Maybe he's a human/extraterrestrial hybrid that wants to lead a human life..:D

8 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

I didn't know what to expect, but I experienced the heat and vibration he created between his hands.

On 21/09/2018 at 12:02 AM, acute said:

I didn't know what to expect, but I experienced the heat and vibration he created between his hands.

Anyone can experience that if they're suggestive enough and want it to be true. Again - it's very convenient that he'll go down that route rather than actually prove it.

• Thanks 1

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 4:04 AM, acute said:

I know someone who could easily win that, and he could've won Randi's million, but he won't come forward.

He prefers his life just the way it is.

I can do all that too but I don't want to.

• Haha 1