Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most likely way to find God.....

Habitat

…...is through the love of another human being. I seriously wonder whether anyone who has never truly been loved, can manifest love in their dealings with others. Which seems an incredibly sad hand to be dealt. If God is indeed, love, the only use for ownership of whatever of God you manage to garner, is to expend it in the love of these beleaguered souls !

Why only through love for another human?

Why can’t someone just love ‘God’, if they believe in one? What’s your reasoning?

There are people out there who love things more deeply than you ever have, do they more easily find ‘God’? 

• Like 1

The idea of loving some separate, external God, is an absurdity, in fact God is calling you to love his creation, from which "He" is inseparable.

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The idea of loving some separate, external God, is an absurdity, in fact God is calling you to love his creation, from which "He" is inseparable.

I mean, is that some kind of joke?  You call believing in “external” God an absurdity while simultaneously calling existence “his creation.”

That’s an absurdity.

If God exists, and is not separate from his creation, then your point is valid, but the way you’re going about it is pretty illogical in my opinion.  If you have some reason to demonstrate that God is not inseparable from this existence, then I think that’s worth stating.  

• Thanks 3

If God is capable of creating the universe from nothing, then it seems reasonable to assume that he could in fact create a place where he is not.

37 minutes ago, Habitat said:

…...is through the love of another human being. I seriously wonder whether anyone who has never truly been loved, can manifest love in their dealings with others. Which seems an incredibly sad hand to be dealt. If God is indeed, love, the only use for ownership of whatever of God you manage to garner, is to expend it in the love of these beleaguered souls !

Did you modify the OP and goof it up?

I mean, not to be all "judgy" and everything.....but I thought your point was about loving other people to be the pathway to finding God?

So, if you don't mind......I'd like to ask this.

How is it that love is not diminished by the existence of evil?  You say God can be found by practicing love.....which is in the form of caring and compassionate action.....yet the opposite of those actions exist in the behavior of serial killers.  So, how can God be in one action; but not in another - especially in light of the fact that you consider it absurd to consider God separate from his creation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

There are people out there who love things more deeply than you ever have, do they more easily find ‘God’? 

Interesting comment, would you care to elaborate ?

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

My God concept is pantheistic meaning that it is the consciousness in all living things. God is the core of all of us. And that God/Brahman has been defined by the Vedic (Indian/Hindu tradition) as pure sat-cit-ananda (being-awareness-bliss). The way we can experience our God/Brahman core more is through love/peace/happiness/detachment/contentment. This is the way to not only the best life possible but also to experience our God/Brahman core consciousness. The basics are not hard to understand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I mean, is that some kind of joke?  You call believing in “external” God an absurdity while simultaneously calling existence “his creation.”

That’s an absurdity.

If God exists, and is not separate from his creation, then your point is valid, but the way you’re going about it is pretty illogical in my opinion.  If you have some reason to demonstrate that God is not inseparable from this existence, then I think that’s worth stating.  

The Lord moves in strange ways. Guyver ! ( does that get me off the hook ? )

Every sage and mystic agrees, as do some physicists, "the multiplicity is only apparent"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

How is it that love is not diminished by the existence of evil?  You say God can be found by practicing love.....which is in the form of caring and compassionate action.....yet the opposite of those actions exist in the behavior of serial killers.  So, how can God be in one action; but not in another - especially in light of the fact that you consider it absurd to consider God separate from his creation?

Perhaps evil is really just the lack of love, both in the receiving, and the  giving. Like a junk-yard dog, shown no love, go on to show no love.

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 1

Typical people only focus on God being love, not jealousy or vengeance. Why not find God through anger and violence?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Typical people only focus on God being love, not jealousy or vengeance. Why not find God through anger and violence?

That is there to provide the contrast..

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

Are you bloody serious. Belief in an external God is absurd, but say you believe in his creation. That's oxymoronic. Actually its absurd.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Are you bloody serious. Belief in an external God is absurd, but say you believe in his creation. That's oxymoronic. Actually its absurd.

Well, if God isn't all-encompassing, under what jurisdiction is the rest ?

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Well, if God isn't all-encompassing, under what jurisdiction is the rest ?

This is when the whole issue of God gets mudded. God is God of the Bibles as described in the OT, NT, Revelations, Torah, Qu'ran etcetera or else it's just another God concept you or someone else has envisioned. When someone says God and they mean their concept of God, rather than saying my concept of God or My God, they are contradicting what it says in the Holy books where the whole notion of God comes from.

God from the Biblical versions isnt open to interpretation, well it is and it isn't, In the OT God is clearly external, in the NT God is seen as a holy spirit that lives in all of us and is external also, Revelations God is definitely external,  Torah external, Qu'ran external.

So if your ascribing to a concert where God isn't an external being you've come up with your own conclusions and concept, but it's not The Abrahamic God your describing. Youve just made up A Habitatic God.

• Like 1

Ultimately there is no distinction between internal or internal, that is just a false distinction. As it is in the microcosm, so it is in the macrocosm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Ultimately there is no distinction between internal or internal, that is just a false distinction. As it is in the microcosm, so it is in the macrocosm.

You said external, you said you couldn't love an external God.

Ever have any pets, or a wife or something you loved? Because they would be external.

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You said external, you said you couldn't love an external God.

Ever have any pets, or a wife or something you loved? Because they would be external.

A detached, external God, hardly needs my love. 

10 minutes ago, Habitat said:

A detached, external God, hardly needs my love. 

How do you know?

4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

How do you know?

There is no love in detachment.

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

There is no love in detachment.

Ever read anything from Japan? Specifically Shintoism?

• Thanks 1

Just now, danydandan said:

Ever read anything from Japan? Specifically Shintoism?

By detachment, I am not referring to being psychologically detached, a detached God would be an aloof God, all the mystics say God is right here at home, but we have gone off on a walk !