Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most likely way to find God.....

Habitat

9 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Do not kill this thread.  I am serious.  I will release the she-demon succubus upon you for unspeakable events if you do.  I don’t want to give anything away....but it has something to do with testicles and duct tape.  Alright?  There.

I'm game.

17 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Typical people only focus on God being love, not jealousy or vengeance. Why not find God through anger and violence?

Khorne.jpg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

f7ba48e219c415600ac6cc2eeeacf68b--warham

Although I have always favored Slaanesh…. it's the daemonette in me

Love is never an expression of will, it is the wilful types who love least, and get the least of God.

• Like 1

Love is the desire to do good to others. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Although I have always favored Slaanesh…. it's the daemonette in me

You would dare to betray the God Emperor?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWjmExQhPpNJArvwCmOCU

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Love is the desire to do good to others. 

All night long and maybe the next day. So sayeth slaanesh.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

it is the wilful types

You keep repeating this term. What exactly do you mean by it?

34 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

You keep repeating this term. What exactly do you mean by it?

I mean that the opposite of love, isn't hate, it isn't indifference, but it is wilful(l)ness, that your will should prevail.  The "my way or the highway" attitude. Where is the love in it ? And without a doubt, there are plenty of people in this world, whose main concern is to have things go their way, wherever possible, no matter how petty, or whatever effect that might have on others. Selfishness.

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Everything is trivial 

I don’t think so.  Even nature demonstrates this.  For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, for every effect: there is a cause.  That wonderful, and some may say unique brain of yours that allows you all the “chemical reactions” of experience is quite something to say the least.  Where’d all the chemicals come from?

i get that life sucks, because it really does sometimes.  But it’s also equally fricken amazing sometimes too.

Anyway, every one is going to believe whatever they want, you me and every swinging Richard...but for me, I see us as no accident.  What we are seems clear enough, why we are I have no clue.  But I do know that there’s something out there besides just us.  What it is, I know not.....that it is I do know.

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

I mean that the opposite of love, isn't hate, it isn't indifference, but it is wilful(l)ness, that your will should prevail.  The "my way or the highway" attitude. Where is the love in it ? And without a doubt, there are plenty of people in this world, whose main concern is to have things go their way, wherever possible, no matter how petty, or whatever effect that might have on others. Selfishness.

So when you say that I am "willful", you actually mean that I am petty and selfish?

I see, so the term is being used to disguise an arrogant insulting demeanor. Got it.

Edited by Jodie.Lynne

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'm game.

Great we’ve a masochist in the house.  Seems like a bunch of other people want to mess with the bull and get the horns too, Don’t make me go all gypsy madame chloe on yer ask.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

You would dare to betray the God Emperor?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWjmExQhPpNJArvwCmOCU

slaanesh meme.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Great we’ve a masochist in the house.  Seems like a bunch of other people want to mess with the bull and get the horns too, Don’t make me go all gypsy madame chloe on yer ask.

Don't blame me its slaanesh. 

• Like 1

. Selfishness.

Standard operating procedure for many.  Love is not only the high road, it’s the more difficult path - by far.  Love will cost you something, but living for yourself all the time is easy.

• Like 1

Love is never an expression of will, it is the wilful types who love least, and get the least of God.

I am so guilty of that.....but you should see my list of excuses.  Man, I have some good ones.  It’s funny sometimes how the people who seem to have the least also seem to give the most.

• Like 2

Just now, Guyver said:

Standard operating procedure for many.  Love is not only the high road, it’s the more difficult path - by far.  Love will cost you something, but living for yourself all the time is easy.

Who else are you going to living for? 

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Ask the guy who jumps on a grenade in a foxhole.

Ask the cop or the firefighter who rushes into danger, when everyone else is running from it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Nothing more than wishful thinking. People don't change. Once a user always a user. 

I have to disagree with this statement. I have witnessed people change their ways and their lives. Some for the better, some, not so much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I have to disagree with this statement. I have witnessed people change their ways and their lives. Some for the better, some, not so much.

I have a cynical view of people. So few have earned my respect. From my experience takers tend to always be takers. You maybe right, that people change, but old habits die hard. 

Does anyone here expect me to be a happy go lucky person? No. None of you do. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Does anyone here expect me to be a happy go lucky person? No. None of you do. 

I expect you to be who you are.

Although I must confess that your focus on the negative makes me worry for you.