Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can’t leave my pets behind!

markdohle

On 20/09/2018 at 3:04 AM, XenoFish said:

I kill them without mercy. 

every animal has the right to live on this planet= i kill nothing! i can't do it! the thought of ending a life deeply disturbs me! <<woodlice>> as an exampel= i'll  either leave them alone or put them out of the window

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

every animal has the right to live on this planet= i kill nothing! i can't do it! the thought of ending a life deeply disturbs me! <<woodlice>> as an exampel= i'll  either leave them alone or put them out of the window

Are you vegan?

32 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Amen to that!

4 minutes ago, openozy said:

Cool.

yep

edit to add, just for the hell of it:

you were trying to be clever but it didn't work- did it!?;)

Edited by Dejarma

4 minutes ago, openozy said:

You don't mind other people killing animals for food?

If they hunt wildlife and use the whole animal as best they can, and do so with respect, it's fine. Of course I'd love it if we didn't but I admit I love bacon. So what do we do, you know?

• Like 1

Just now, Jenn8779 said:

If they hunt wildlife and use the whole animal as best they can, and do so with respect, it's fine. Of course I'd love it if we didn't but I admit I love bacon. So what do we do, you know?

yep i agree, it's a conundrum == i just hate the thought of killing just because something annoys you= like rats, wasps etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep i agree, it's a conundrum == i just hate the thought of killing just because something annoys you= like rats, wasps etc

I'm seriously allergic to spiders but I take them outside. I don't want to harm anything if I can help it

Just now, Jenn8779 said:

I'm seriously allergic to spiders but I take them outside. I don't want to harm anything if I can help it

yep, you're what i would class as a logical, empathetic being= for the likes of you & i it goes without saying imo ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep, you're what i would class as a logical, empathetic being= for the likes of you & i it goes without saying imo ;)

Thank you. I appreciate it!

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

just saying it as i see it, Jenn;)

Thank you again! You're a sweetie

Just now, Jenn8779 said:

Thank you again! You're a sweetie

it is what it is, Jenn= just my opinion of course.

the vast majority of folk on this planet just want to live in peace- as do rats for example.

the only reason rats live in sewers (s--t in general) is because we forced them there! they're clever enough to work out we won't go into sewers to get-em

Just now, Dejarma said:

it is what it is, Jenn= just my opinion of course.

the vast majority of folk on this planet just want to live in peace- as do rats for example.

the only reason rats live in sewers (s--t in general) is because we forced them there! they're clever enough to work out we won't go into sewers to get-em

That's a truth. Humanity basically sucks and we screw over other species. It's sad really

3 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

That's a truth. Humanity basically sucks and we screw over other species. It's sad really

No I disagree. Humanity does not suck. Humans are brilliant (in general)

for every one horrendous/ inhuman sickening act we hear in the media there are millions of wonderful, caring acts happening every day.. We just don't hear of them!

Us humans are fantastic- I love being a human being

12 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

No I disagree. Humanity does not suck. Humans are brilliant (in general)

for every one horrendous/ inhuman sickening act we hear in the media there are millions of wonderful, caring acts happening every day.. We just don't hear of them!

Us humans are fantastic- I love being a human being

Ok so you have a very valid point. I wish more "good human" stories would hit the press

On 9/19/2018 at 4:03 PM, XenoFish said:

Easy solution. Don't get pets.

I have a bachelor friend whose motto is "Never take responsibility for anything that eats."

On 9/19/2018 at 3:42 PM, markdohle said:

I can’t say I have ever bounded deeply with any pet that I had in the past.

Br. Mark, if you have time and inclination, I recommend The Elephant Whisperer by Lawrence Anthony.  He was a man you might have liked I believe.  It is a good documentation of saving and conserving a small herd of elephants.  

I also recommend it for people who bond with animals of any sort or love the wild in any part of the world.

5 hours ago, Dejarma said:

I love hunting rats,in fact I breed terriers for the purpose.I also hunt rabbits and foxes which are non native animals here.I hate cruelty to any animal though and all the ones hunted are dispatched quickly.I'm also a huge fan of animals,dogs in particular.Where rats are concerned don't forget the black plague,not just an annoyance.

5 hours ago, Dejarma said:

yep

edit to add, just for the hell of it:

you were trying to be clever but it didn't work- did it!?;)

Not trying to be clever,just making sure you weren't a hypocrite.