Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do not seek revenge apply to lawyers and cops

trevor borocz johnson

Leviticus 19:18 New International Version (NIV)

18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Governments break this law for thousands of years. Is there hope they will be judged by the lord? I think they dramatically underestimate what is possible in this universe when they do unto people what they do and cause the things they have caused.

I would have thought that letting millions of innocent adults and children die in famines and disasters, introducing diseases, evil and greed etc in the first place, along with a multitude of other huge injustices, would be the primary crimes here.

And who was it that did that and much more in your world view, Trevor? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Governments break this law for thousands of years. Is there hope they will be judged by the lord? I think they dramatically underestimate what is possible in this universe when they do unto people what they do and cause the things they have caused.

Hey genius, how is order to be maintained? This is an absurd claim on your part. Especially since your holy book lays out the punishments for violating it's rules and laws.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Hey Trevor

This is an subjective opinion on your side. There is an huge difference between consequences for your actions and revenge.

Remember, as with management, it is easy to stand on the outside and criticise actions of government, but u were not in the meeting weighing up why they are taking these actions.

So until you know the whole (and I mean whole) story behind a government's choice I feel it is unfair to label them as revengeful.

• Like 3

Corinthians 5:10

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive his due for the things done in the body, whether good or bad.

Christ message was to be forgiving and tolerant. This is the total opposite of what Judges and authority are. If you ask me they are ten times as evil as the people they arrest when they do what they do to them.

4 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Corinthians 5:10

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive his due for the things done in the body, whether good or bad.

Christ message was to be forgiving and tolerant. This is the total opposite of what Judges and authority are. If you ask me they are ten times as evil as the people they arrest when they do what they do to them.

Apparently u r a scripture person. Okay...

Judgement seat of Christ to judge the life u lead. Yes.

But there are rules that govern the life o earth, hence there must be consequences for those actions.

If u r looking for someone to blame, blame humanity. For if we all treated our neighbours with love there would be no need for 'punishment'.

So instead of looking at government and shaking ur head, look at humanity and shake ur head 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Governments break this law for thousands of years. Is there hope they will be judged by the lord?

It is the criminals who break the laws. The law abiding citizen and the victims of the crminals hope the lawers and police will seek justice for them in the court room.

1 hour ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Seeking justice is not seeking revenge and as for bearing a grudge, being a victim of a crminal and wanting justice against the crminals actions is NOT  holding a grudge.

If you are still working with these out dated ideas then it may be best to read a book about our more recent hostory and how society is today. 

• Like 2

So where does this thing about if a woman's husband is getting his ass kicked in a mugging if the wife grabs the bad guy's nuts and squeezes God says that's a no no and to chop the wife's hands off....

A wife who tries to help her husband during a fight with another man? Cur her hand off! “If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.” -Deuteronomy 25:11-12. Well that’s…bizarre. According to this, wives aren’t allowed to help their husbands in a fight by squeezing the other guys’ “nuts”. If she does, he’s got to cut her hand off.

https://lifeafter40.net/other-disturbing-things-in-the-bible/

I concur, the vast majority of these posts by the OP are just preaching. People ask a question he replies with scripture not their own words.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

I concur, the vast majority of these posts by the OP are just preaching. People ask a question he replies with scripture not their own words.

Yes, he really asks no questions, just post various bible quotes, and then spout his version of the same.

• Like 2

,How about that other preacher up the page a bit, who has "God" (presumably) introducing greed into the world ? Extraordinary !

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

trevor borocz johnson, are you actually discussing a point or are you preaching?

Just preaching. He drops some scripture and opinion, rinse and repeats.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

So you do not believe in any form of law enforcement, is that right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Habitat said:

,How about that other preacher up the page a bit, who has "God" (presumably) introducing greed into the world ? Extraordinary !

So, God is not the creator of all things, in your opinion?

• Like 1

I don't speak for God, but I can see the absurdity of people being atheists, but blaming this God they really don't think exists, for what they perceive as the "ills" of the world. As if the existence of a God, would rule out any problems. Everything would be a breeze, nothing could go wrong. It would all be "perfect". To not realise those kinds of assessments are oh-so subjective, is rather embarrassing for people who supposedly pride themselves on objectivity. This is the age-old problem of the "opposites", where the attempt to eradicate "evil", can only be done by extinguishing "good" along with it, they being two sides of the one coin.

Sorry, but that made no sense whatsoever.  My understanding of the 'god' claim is that the god created everything. Including the homo sapiens, their genetics, their ability to breed, their emotional capacities, ie .. everything, good and bad. Yes or No? 

If God is all-powerful and all-perfect, why then didn't it just create lots more perfect ethereal god-clones?  It just makes ZERO sense.

So *you* are the one who needs to look at your 'objectivity'.  If God exists - it is, at best, a incredibly cruel game designer.... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

I don't speak for God, but I can see the absurdity of people being atheists, but blaming this God they really don't think exists,

WRONG! Atheists are citing the "facts" of the bedrock of Christian beliefs. YOU may not be a Christian, but the Christian faith is based on the OT of the bible. In it, and I am paraphrasing, I will find the relevant passage) "god" claims to be the creator of ALL things, light & dark, good & evil.

I cannot speak for ll atheists, obviously, but for myself, I do not "blame" "god" for anything. I am merely using the believers own scripture to debate their own beliefs.

But I am sure that you will merely state that I am being 'wilful'. To you, I have only two words, and they sound like 'bass cat'.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh dear, this terrible God, who has made such a hash of his creation, didn't get it ALL wrong, no, he landed on the money with Chrlzs, who has complete comprehension, seemingly, of where it all went wrong ! I can only assume Chrlzs is the REAL God, and this other bloke is an imposter ! Otherwise every thing would be just rosey !

8 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

WRONG! Atheists are citing the "facts" of the bedrock of Christian beliefs. YOU may not be a Christian, but the Christian faith is based on the OT of the bible. In it, and I am paraphrasing, I will find the relevant passage) "god" claims to be the creator of ALL things, light & dark, good & evil.

I cannot speak for ll atheists, obviously, but for myself, I do not "blame" "god" for anything. I am merely using the believers own scripture to debate their own beliefs.

But I am sure that you will merely state that I am being 'wilful'. To you, I have only two words, and they sound like 'bass cat'.

Well, Jodie, it seems we can just relax and blame God for everything that is wrong in the world, I am not to blame for what I say, God just made a bad job of putting ideas in my head ! 

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Well, Jodie, it seems we can just relax and blame God for everything that is wrong in the world, I am not to blame for what I say, God just made a bad job of putting ideas in my head ! 

Wrong again, pretentious one! I blame people. Near and far, far and wide for the problems of this world. I especially blame people who claim that invisible supernatural beings are the cause for bad things, or the reason good things happen.

It is my humble, but 'willful' opinion that those who blame 'devils' and 'daemons' for the ills of the world are shirking their responsibility to make the world a better place. If one acquiesces to the supernatural for a cause, then they abrogate their own part in the day to day art of living.

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yours is a kind of "magical" thinking too, Jodie, not so far removed from those that thinks God is to blame/credit, there really is ultimately, no good or bad, they are just labels that are applied by our thought processes, allocations of value. They have no existence independent of human beings thoughts .

6 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Wrong again, pretentious one! I blame people. Near and far, far and wide for the problems of this world. I especially blame people who claim that invisible supernatural beings are the cause for bad things, or the reason good things happen.

It is my humble, but 'willful' opinion that those who blame 'devils' and 'daemons' for the ills of the world are shirking their responsibility to make the world a better place. If one acquiesces to the supernatural for a cause, then they abrogate their own part in the day to day art of living.

Exactly, and how bizarre that one wouldn't find it rather uncaring not to acknowledge the ills of the world and wonder why a god would create such a species. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Yours is a kind of "magical" thinking too, Jodie, not so far removed from those that thinks God is to blame/credit, there really is ultimately, no good or bad, they are just labels that are applied by our thought processes, allocations of value. They have no existence independent of human beings thoughts .

Oh brother, tell this to a rape victim, or an abused child, or a victim of a violent crime etc. etc.

HabIt, there is evil, dude. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

Another "magical" thinker comes on board ! The magic world where evil is sent packing, is the very same one where good would have to go with it.