Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
trevor borocz johnson

Do not seek revenge apply to lawyers and cops

92 posts in this topic

MOSUGOJI
On 9/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, Sherapy said:

Exactly, and how bizarre that one wouldn't find it rather uncaring not to acknowledge the ills of the world and wonder why a god would create such a species. 

I tend to think he is playing a multiverse version of the Sims. After all there is that theory that our reality is just a computer simulation being run by utra advanced beings.   And then we have this.   https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pascal's_wager

• Like 1

pallidin
On 9/19/2018 at 9:03 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

Leviticus 19:18 New International Version (NIV)

18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Governments break this law for thousands of years. Is there hope they will be judged by the lord? I think they dramatically underestimate what is possible in this universe when they do unto people what they do and cause the things they have caused.

So, you're anti-government, and when criminals get arrested it's violating their rights.

Got it.

pallidin
Posted (edited)

Edited by pallidin

trevor borocz johnson
40 minutes ago, pallidin said:

So, you're anti-government, and when criminals get arrested it's violating their rights.

Got it.

torturing people is ancient news. I believe science and technology will provide an afterlife that in which they will be held and punished. Not to mention what they do in modern jails is grotesque. Where does the hell from the criminal go after their weird torture? Into the punisher? And should not the punisher have to abide by the same human laws that anyone does? 

• Confused 2

pallidin
1 minute ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

torturing people is ancient news. I believe science and technology will provide an afterlife that in which they will be held and punished. Not to mention what they do in modern jails is grotesque. Where does the hell from the criminal go after their weird torture? Into the punisher? And should not the punisher have to abide by the same human laws that anyone does? 

So, what do you say about thug consequences?

Should there be none?

pallidin

And please don't rant about "mis-treatment" if you refuse to acknowledge consequences for crime.

What, exactly, is an appropriate sentence for a thug that robbed and killed someone?

• Like 2

Jodie.Lynne
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, MysticWolf said:

The biblical "God" condones rape.

That just proves that the biblical "god" is a construct of men. Not 'mankind', but men.

• Like 2

Jodie.Lynne
37 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Soooo, we should let the poor criminals, the thugs, robbers, burglars, arsonists, pedophiles, and rapists just do their own thing?

I mean, god forbid, that people should have to abide by the rules of society!

Not sure what country YOU are from, but most civilized nations do not torture criminals.

• Like 3

trevor borocz johnson

I believe in the afterlife if you were abominable in life that technology will lock you in death where you will sit with a headache for a long time, then you can be born again with a uglier face from the headache that reformed you.

MOSUGOJI
On 9/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, Sherapy said:

Exactly, and how bizarre that one wouldn't find it rather uncaring not to acknowledge the ills of the world and wonder why a god would create such a species. 

I tend to think he is playing a multiverse version of the Sims. After all there is that theory that our reality is just a computer simulation being run by utra advanced beings.   And then we have this.   https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pascal's_wager

And there is a somewhat more disturbing possibility.  What if God is some sort of omnipotent emotion-ovore. Like what Jack the Ripper was 9n the original Star Trek. He fed on fear. What if God is similar but prefers a more varied diet? So God either sets upp situations intentionally that will yield the type(s) of emotions that he is craving at the time. Accidents,conflicts murders ect. yield a variety of fear and suffering type emotions along with anger. He then feasts upon the emotional "hash" for an example. And there plus billion people.has  plus billion humans.been a bumper crop of emotions of all types from seven plus billion people

• Like 1

Stubbly_Dooright
On 9/19/2018 at 11:03 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Governments break this law for thousands of years. Is there hope they will be judged by the lord? I think they dramatically underestimate what is possible in this universe when they do unto people what they do and cause the things they have caused.

I feel, that first we must distinguish what kind of government it is first. Meaning, is it a country with one set of outlook of it and how that is played out in it’s rules and laws. Does this judgmental outlook apply to countries whose outlooks is in the secular form, and not from a religious form? I consider that, since mostly religious views, beginnings, and it’s very existence cannot really be proven, then I think it’s understandable how most governments (from my point of view) are in the secular format. 

Granted, that it might be argued how there seems to be a religious base in it’s laws, but I think secular governments will make their laws based on how they see it and why they make them. And since, I think, that a lot of religious views and laws, tend to match up to why laws are made ( kind of like seeing it as a golden rule in it’s simarlity) I really don’t think one can say that even secular laws are based of religious one’s 100%. 

I think, the counter arguemental question is, should one judge and question this outlook, from within a secular government? Frankly, from my point of view, I think it’s irrelevant to do so. 

Stubbly_Dooright
On 9/20/2018 at 10:19 PM, Sherapy said:
On 9/20/2018 at 10:16 PM, Habitat said:

Let's not forget that a marriage certificate was a licence to rape, till fairly recently.

Not in any circles I know of,  I pity the b****** that tries that now. 

A man might get his penis cut off. ;)

Edited September 20 by Sherapy

I remember, that actually happened. :o  :no:  

On 9/20/2018 at 10:34 PM, Habitat said:
On 9/20/2018 at 10:27 PM, Sherapy said:

Is this supposed to make rape okay or something, because there was no law against it? 

What is your point? 

Not approving of rape at all, I was merely pointing out that what is now regarded as an evil punishable by jail time ( rape within marriage) was not that long ago regarded as a right, conferred by a marriage certificate. Good and evil are harder to pin down than many imagine.

I’m still wondering what is your point in referring to this. Just because it was lawful for a husband to do so, does not make it good or at the least something to condone. I

On 9/20/2018 at 10:34 PM, Habitat said:

Good and evil are harder to pin down than many imagine.

I don’t think so. As I pointed out, even if it’s lawful, doesn’t necessarily make it good. I still think that good and evil are easy to pin down, or evil in this instance, where rape is still evil, and a particular government condoning it does not make it any less of an evil. 

On 9/21/2018 at 6:29 AM, Jodie.Lynne said:
On 9/21/2018 at 6:11 AM, Habitat said:

Oh dear, you are rather peevish, Jodie !

Perhaps, or just haven't had my morning coffee.

It just so happens, I am having my cup right now. Hold a sec, *gets up from table and heads into the kitchen and then comes back* Here you go, *hands cub over* Do you take cream and sugar in your coffee? ;)  

• Like 2

Stubbly_Dooright
On 10/2/2018 at 6:56 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:
On 10/2/2018 at 6:10 PM, pallidin said:

Got it.

Uh, I’m having a hard time seeing how technology is going to slip into the other side to help. 

• Like 3

Jodie.Lynne
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

I believe in the afterlife if you were abominable in life that technology will lock you in death where you will sit with a headache for a long time, then you can be born again with a uglier face from the headache that reformed you.

You really are out of touch with reality, aren't you?

• Like 1

Emma_Acid
On 03/10/2018 at 2:35 AM, trevor borocz johnson said:

This, people, is what magical thinking does to the rational brain

• Like 4

Piney
2 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

This, people, is what magical thinking does to the rational brain

and illicit narcotics. :huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Wistman
On 9/19/2018 at 11:03 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

Allow me to be the first to point out the caveat to this proscription.  According to Yahweh in Leviticus, anyone other than a fellow Hebrew was fair game for revenging and grudging.  The God of the Hebrews was highly selective in his admonishments.  Isn't it curious how this racial/cultural selectivity is quietly implied when apportioning who is entitled to kindly ethical treatment and who is NOT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2