Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump urged Spain 'build wall' across Sahara

Still Waters

Donald Trump suggested the Spanish government tackled the Mediterranean migration crisis by emulating one of his most famous policies and building a wall across the Sahara desert, the country’s foreign minister has revealed.

According to Josep Borrell, the US president brushed off the scepticism of Spanish diplomats – who pointed out that the Sahara stretched for 3,000 miles – saying: “The Sahara border can’t be bigger than our border with Mexico.”

Trump wooed voters in the 2016 election with his promise to build a “big, beautiful wall” across the US/Mexico border, which is roughly 2,000 miles long.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/19/donald-trump-urged-spain-to-build-the-wall-across-the-sahara

• Haha 4

Trump gaga.

• Like 3

That’s got to be made up, please tell me it’s made up.

He’s not that ignorant surely?

• Haha 1

Nothing unusual. Other EU countries have walls along their borders. And Spain's territory of Ceuta has a wall along its border to keep the Morrocans out.

Walls along national borders are very commonplace the world over, so I've never understood the furore over a proposed wall along the US-Mexican border to keep the illegal immigrants and Mexican drug runners and other undesirables out of the US. To sane people, it's just commonsense.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Nothing unusual. Other EU countries have walls along their borders. And Spain's territory of Ceuta has a wall along its border to keep the Morrocans out.

Walls along national borders are very commonplace the world over, so I've never understood the furore over a proposed wall along the US-Mexican border to keep the illegal immigrants and Mexican drug runners and other undesirables out of the US. To sane people, it's just commonsense.

There are several reasons folks are against a wall. IDK how many others think like me but for the formative years of my life a wall represented a tool of tyranny so that was the first association I made when Trump started in on his wall idea.

Beyond that theres the environmental impact in raw and environmentally sensitive areas, the fact that technology can do a better job than a static wall and the flat reality that with the size of our borders and the amount of raw shoreline we have drugs are going to make it into our nation, no matter how high of a wall we build.

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

There are several reasons folks are against a wall. IDK how many others think like me but for the formative years of my life a wall represented a tool of tyranny so that was the first association I made when Trump started in on his wall idea.

Beyond that theres the environmental impact in raw and environmentally sensitive areas, the fact that technology can do a better job than a static wall and the flat reality that with the size of our borders and the amount of raw shoreline we have drugs are going to make it into our nation, no matter how high of a wall we build.

It's not a tool of tyranny. It's to keep out illegal immigrants - a righteous, just, and highly desirable thing to do.

Edited by Black Monk

Just now, Black Monk said:

It's not as tool of tyranny. It's to keep out illegal immigrants - a righteous, just, and highly desirable thing to do.

I have no problem with stopping illegal immigration and believe it needs to be done, i do think there are better more cost effective ways to do it that dont have the negative environmental impact that building a wall would though.

The problem with a tool of tyranny is once you give it to the government you cant take it back. Im not worried about Trump becoming tyrannical and using the wall to keep citizens in but the next guy maybe, or the next etc etc. 

Paranoid for sure but thats the American way!

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, Still Waters said:

Donald Trump suggested the Spanish government tackled the Mediterranean migration crisis by emulating one of his most famous policies and building a wall across the Sahara desert, the country’s foreign minister has revealed.

According to Josep Borrell, the US president brushed off the scepticism of Spanish diplomats – who pointed out that the Sahara stretched for 3,000 miles – saying: “The Sahara border can’t be bigger than our border with Mexico.”

Trump wooed voters in the 2016 election with his promise to build a “big, beautiful wall” across the US/Mexico border, which is roughly 2,000 miles long.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/19/donald-trump-urged-spain-to-build-the-wall-across-the-sahara

I`m sorry but how can anybody not like Trump.

He is so funny and entertaining. And the way he winds up his political opponents. Several classic moments lol.

Edited by RabidMongoose

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Trump recommended that Spain build a wall across the Sahara:

1. Spain doesn't own or control the Sahara

2. despite Trump probably thinking he knows more about geography than anyone else - he is wrong by quite an amount to suggest that the Sahara Border couldn't be bigger than the USA Mexico border.

So whats unusual is recommending that Spain builds the wall in an area controlled by others. Although in Trumps mind that's probably a minor irritant.

• Like 2

Trump said something stupid and everyone was shocked?

Really?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Trump said something stupid and everyone was shocked?

Really?

Nope not shocked - just resigned now that so many people, after so many clues, can't put 2 and 2 together and see how unfitted for the position the man is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RAyMO said:

Nope not shocked - just resigned now that so many people, after so many clues, can't put 2 and 2 together and see how unfitted for the position the man is.

And what will be done about it? 

Nothing.

Unless Congress grows a pair...and I sure don't see that happening.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 2:20 PM, RAyMO said:

Trump recommended that Spain build a wall across the Sahara:

1. Spain doesn't own or control the Sahara

It controls Ceuta - which has a border wall with Morocco.

Image result for ceuta border wall

Edited by Black Monk

39 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

It controls Ceuta - which has a border wall with Morocco.

Image result for ceuta border wall

Looks like a fence to me.

On 22/09/2018 at 11:44 AM, Black Monk said:

A good book is, 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36570350-divided