Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First Do No Harm

Amita

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Actually when insurance companies are involved it's about making money. That's why Indian and ghetto health clinics push scripts and surgeries that people don't need. It has nothing to do with following a crowd. 

Like I said oh "Armchair Enlightened One". Get out more....

What might "devoid of ambition" connote - money of course -  oh noble-savage-of-the-laptop-wilderness.

1 hour ago, Amita said:

What might "devoid of ambition" connote - money of course -  oh noble-savage-of-the-laptop-wilderness.

Money has nothing to do with a doctor being PC.  My brother is PC but he advises against a sex change for a child with a mental illness and Ritalin for a child who needs a dietary change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This recent policy statement from the AAP, the most influential group of American pediatricians, reads to this layman as typical affirming PC transgender hooey for kids.  Perhaps the vast majority of pediatricians, like Piney's brother, do not follow this policy.  But the leadership is fully on board.  This is evidence that some pediatricians do follow the PC crowd:

http://www.aappublications.org/news/2018/09/17/transgender091718?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_medium=TrendMD&utm_campaign=AAPNews_TrendMD_0

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amita said:

This recent policy statement from the AAP, the most influential group of American pediatricians, reads to this layman as typical affirming PC transgender hooey for kids.  Perhaps the vast majority of pediatricians, like Piney's brother, do not follow this policy.  But the leadership is fully on board.  This is evidence that some pediatricians do follow the PC crowd:

http://www.aappublications.org/news/2018/09/17/transgender091718?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_medium=TrendMD&utm_campaign=AAPNews_TrendMD_0

The AAP's statement is entirely about non judgemental all encompassing care for youth who feel they are transgendered. Not about actual surgeries to make the switch happen

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The AAP's statement is entirely about non judgemental all encompassing care for youth who feel they are transgendered. Not about actual surgeries to make the switch happen

Is it now?  If one can translate this boilerplate below it means "we have no objection to the non-biological notion of trans, nor intervention for some and we promote society setting up legal & insurance policies to normalize trans kids."

The gender-affirmation process involves reflection, acceptance and, for some, intervention. These interventions might include social adaptations (change of name, pronouns, dress, etc.), changes to legal documents, pubertal suppression, hormones or medications, and when appropriate, surgical interventions. The decision of whether or when to pursue various interventions is very personal, and interventions vary depending on pubertal and developmental progression.

Maybe I missed it, but was there anything about the negative effects on the child of following this 'intervention' process for the rest of their life?

Edited by Amita

10 hours ago, Amita said:

A doctor outlines the dangers of transgender surgery & drugs for children:

https://www.acpeds.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/SEX-CHANGE-IN-KIDS-VIOLATES-FIRST-DO-NO-HARM.pdf

I  read the article and the Doctor seems to be advocating more for counselling and waiting before considering hormone therapy and surgery. 

The hippocratic oath starts, First do no harm, because Doctors need to always stop and assess before proceeding.  

It is not that the act of surgery or hormone replacement are wrong, it is that Doctors need to take the time to properly assess first.

It is a Doctors job to heal and to find pathways towards healing. Sometimes surgery and hormone replacement are necessary for that healing.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Piney said:

On a male it's about cleanliness. That's why my people did it. Not because of religion. 

I was born in 1960, in Alabama and have no heritage that has religious rules on circumcision but it was performed on me a few days after my birth.  The mania having to do with circumcision is mostly covert anti-Jew hatred.  They also have religious rules against touching corpses and eating scavengers... I wonder if THOSE things are an abomination, as well?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not exactly breaking news but ...
~

WHO | Male circumcision for HIV prevention

www.who.int/hiv/topics/malecircumcision/en/
There is compelling evidence that male circumcision reduces the risk of heterosexually acquired HIV infection in men by approximately 60%. Three randomized controlled trials have shown that male circumcision provided by well trained health professionals in properly equipped settings is safe.

~

by R Szabo - ‎2000 - ‎Cited by 327 - ‎Related articles
This provides a protective barrier against HIV infection. ... Thus, male circumcision further reduces the risk of infection by reducing the synergy that normally exists between HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.

~

HIV & male circumcision fact sheet | AVERT

https://www.avert.org › Information on HIV › Learn & share › Fact sheets

May 10, 2017 - Male circumcision and HIV prevention. The inner foreskin contains cells that HIV targets to enter the body. Small tears or genital ulcers on the ...

~

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

I was born in 1960, in Alabama and have no heritage that has religious rules on circumcision but it was performed on me a few days after my birth.  The mania having to do with circumcision is mostly covert anti-Jew hatred.  They also have religious rules against touching corpses and eating scavengers... I wonder if THOSE things are an abomination, as well?

That mania is most prevalent in Northern Europe so you might of hit the nail.

We also didn't eat rabbits or scavengers ( which shows a grassland-desert origin possibly the Southwest)  for the same reason they didn't. The viruses and bacteria certain ones carry will kill you no matter how well you cook them. It might of been one of the reasons we were so skeeved about other tribes eating dogs and undercooked or raw meat. I still skeeve both of them

Leviticus was partially a health manual for nomads in bad places. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Foreskin makes sex great. I bet sucks to have none.

No wonder there are so many p***ed off Americans.

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 4

• 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, danydandan said:

* has not looked at this thread for the last ten pages*

*Decides to check on the thread*

* the first post he sees is about foreskin*

* leaves thread* 

Lol :lol:

• Haha 5

On 9/21/2018 at 8:09 AM, danydandan said:

My parents told them to take a little off the top. Now they call me ginger mcstubby.:lol:

Edited by XenoFish

• 1 month later...

Why would you not want to be circumcised? More work? Less attractiveness? I've had many abscesses in my drug days...to have one on the penis would be the worst feeling ever. You know on the Price is Right how he always said plz fr your pets spade or neutered...that includes getting your children's foreskin removed 

Why would you not want to be circumcised? More work? Less attractiveness? I've had many abscesses in my drug days...to have one on the penis would be the worst feeling ever. You know on the Price is Right how he always said plz get your pets spade or neutered...that includes getting your children's foreskin removed 

Edited by -Nuke-

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, Amita said:

A doctor outlines the dangers of transgender surgery & drugs for children:

https://www.acpeds.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/SEX-CHANGE-IN-KIDS-VIOLATES-FIRST-DO-NO-HARM.pdf

Why is it that we arent charging parents who bring their children up to be the opposite sex with child abuse?

I have often found myself confused why those promoting homosexuality and transgenderism in society are allowed to do so. Psychology doesnt say they were born like that. It says they have mental health problems, specifically that they are suffering from identity disorders. They have developed the wrong sexual identity to go with their gender usually as the result of the parents bringing them up to be the opposite sex.

If a mother has man issues she shouldn`t be allowed to bring her son up to be a daughter. Fathers should not be telling their daughters that women are useless making them reject a feminine identity. Both these types of these parents should be doing time for child abuse. And the Liberals who want to promote this form of child abuse as something society should celebrate should be locked up with them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/14/2019 at 10:55 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Why is it that we arent charging parents who bring their children up to be the opposite sex with child abuse?

might as well charge school system as well, they are the ones that promote this idiocy.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, aztek said:

might as well charge school system as well, they are the ones that promote this idiocy.

It is quite the opposite is some countries (UK is one I think) and states.  A parent MUST do as the trans doctors say or face legal problems, even loss of their children.

2 minutes ago, Amita said:

It is quite the opposite is some countries (UK is one I think) and states.  A parent MUST do as the trans doctors say or face legal problems, even loss of their children.

why would you take your kid to a trans doctor in a first place? is it mandatory?

Edited by aztek

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

why would you take your kid to a trans doctor in a first place? is it mandatory?

Most parents do not, they go to regular doctor or counselor and they usually mandate the transgender option, saying it is safe and easily reversible.  Both are lies.  Watch the first woman, a mother, describing the process in post #45

• Like 1