Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Mass Shootings

susieice

Three people were killed and two wounded in a mass shooting at a Rite Aide distribution center in Maryland. The female shooter is in the hospital. Police said none of them fired their weapons when they arrived. This is the third shooting in 24 hours. Unusual for a female to do this, but that's what happened at the YouTube building in California earlier this year.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/us/maryland-shooting/index.html

• Sad 2

It's early to speculate but because the shooter is female, I'm thinking domestic or workplace violence. I'm leaning towards workplace because of the multiple victims.

• Like 1

Two were yesterday. One in the afternoon and one at 10:25 yesterday morning. This one was late morning. It's darn close to 24 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not looking for this to be another gun control thread, but Chicago is way out of line. This is from the first weekend in August, 2018.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-weekend-violence-20180806-story.html

• Sad 3

that is normal businesses in Chicago,  and no gun control or even ban will fix that, gangs, and drug dealers do not obey laws, nor they plan to live long

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How are "Mass" shootings defined these days?

It used to be 5 victims or more.

Now, its 3, including wounded, and that includes the shooter in some stats. So, if a guy wings a couple of Cops and they bring him down, that's a Mass Shooting?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, aztek said:

still peanuts compared to daily shootings  in democrat controlled gettos

Sad but very true. I wonder what the residents there think about BLM parades?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A temporary employee at a Rite Aid distribution center in Maryland killed three coworkers and injured three others before killing herself Thursday morning, Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said.

I think Larry Sharpe, Libertarian candidate, was right about one thing:

"At it's core, most mass shootings are public suicides"

It's not a secret we live in a spiritually sick society. Most people are working jobs they hate to buy crap they don't need - that is fact. God is dead, there is no hope or purpose and apathy is at an all time high. This is reflected in the insanely high rate of pill addictions and suicides: a lot of people would rather live comfortably numb or not live at all. Through technology and the separation of the family unit we are becoming increasingly isolated and I don't see this improving at all in the near future. How do we bring meaning and fulfillment in to people's lives? Fix the spirit and you fix the drug problem. Fix the drug problem and a lot of these mass shootings disappear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The shooter has been identified. The 26 yr old was a temporary employee and died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. No motive is known at this time. The shooting began about 9 AM this morning and so is within CNN's 24 hour period.

https://www.bradenton.com/news/business/article218729775.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

How are "Mass" shootings defined these days?

It used to be 5 victims or more.

Now, its 3, including wounded, and that includes the shooter in some stats. So, if a guy wings a couple of Cops and they bring him down, that's a Mass Shooting?

Well three counts as a crowd these days, I guess. :unsure:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

... Fix the drug problem and a lot of these mass shootings disappear.

You'd think that would be the priority, or even worth a thread around here,  but I guess it can't be used to take the 2nd Amendment away from us.

Meanwhile, every one of these shooters turn out to be on drugs.... and pushing these monstrous Oxy-whatever drugs just goes on, so that those evil psycho b******* that run Big Pharma can get a little richer every few seconds. You can be sure that tons of cash are being spread round the Swamp to make sure the Govt never makes a move to stop or even regulate this epidemic as it destroys thousands of times as many lives as these flashy attacks do. 

80% of the gun deaths in the US (the one country that everyone else in the world feels they have the right to control) are suicides

I'd be more concerned about why all these people would want to kill themselves, but I guess that just isn't Politically Correct. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apparently, this woman was at a work meeting, got into an argument with someone at the time clock, and started shooting. She had a 9mm Glock and several magazines on her.

https://6abc.com/4-dead-in-maryland-rite-aid-warehouse-shooting-including-suspect/4293720/

From the link:

Carre said the man told him the shooter "just came in in a bad mood this morning. He said she's usually nice. But today, I guess it wasn't her day. She just came in to pick a fight with someone."

"She pulled out a gun and she just started shooting at her co-workers."

Edited by susieice
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, susieice said:

Apparently, this woman was at a work meeting, got into an argument with someone at the time clock, and started shooting. She had a 9mm Glock and several magazines on her.

https://6abc.com/4-dead-in-maryland-rite-aid-warehouse-shooting-including-suspect/4293720/

I doubt she normally carries a 9mm with several magazines. She was looking for a reason to to do this and she found one. A sad situation all around..

• Like 2

Agreed Dark_Grey. Something happened that motivated this other than a bad mood and an argument. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I doubt she normally carries a 9mm with several magazines. She was looking for a reason to to do this and she found one. A sad situation all around..

She worked as a security guard there.

26 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

She worked as a security guard there.

Then forget what I just said. That would be her normal!

This will go into the category of mental illness. No gun used but this woman belongs in a hospital for the criminally insane. WTH is wrong with people?

https://wnep.com/2018/09/21/3-infants-among-5-people-stabbed-at-new-york-city-daycare/

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Then forget what I just said. That would be her normal!

Yeap. She was a security guard. That's scary!

http://www.phillytrib.com/news/female-security-guard-kills-at-rite-aid-distribution-center-in/article_d283aaf7-5fac-53cc-ac98-995b9f5812cd.html

• Like 1