Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tyler Henry

openozy

Don't know is its been on before but what's people's opinions about Tyler Henry and his abilities.To me it does sound genuine but its on TV so obviously could be faked.If he's getting info from people's words he's pretty good.

36 minutes ago, openozy said:

Don't know is its been on before but what's people's opinions about Tyler Henry and his abilities.To me it does sound genuine but its on TV so obviously could be faked.If he's getting info from people's words he's pretty good.

I think he is highly likely to be a real deal.

Why? Well, I think there are a lot of talented mediums around and the network doesn't need to find a fake/actor. His repertoire of abilities are not unknown in the annals of mediumship. I consider these feats already established in the field of mediumship before he was ever born. He has certainly impressed enough people that I would think  would really want to know if it is all fake acting. 

I consider mediums essentially scientifically proven by some controlled studies by Dr. Gary Schwartz and his colleagues.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I think he is highly likely to be a real deal

I feel he is too,I never got those feelings from John Edwards.

Just now, openozy said:

I am not going on feelings myself but logic. I an a believer in John Edwards too.

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So damn gullible 

So your opinion isTyler Henry is gullible.Great answer.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am not going on feelings myself but logic. I an a believer in John Edwards too.

I got the feeling Edwards was manipulating people at times by his mannerisms.

Edited by openozy

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

Another shyster preying on the gullible and stupid.

You just described every medium/psychic/faith healer/Norwegian/ghost hunter/etc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, openozy said:

He's just more charismatic.

If he was the real deal he would be finding missing people and solving murders. Not predicting what happens to the Kardashians next.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Piney said:

If he was the real deal he would be finding missing people and solving murders. Not predicting what happens to the Kardashians next.

If I was the real deal I would use my abilities for personal gain and personal gain only. Everyone else can burn as far as I'm concerned. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

If I was the real deal I would use my abilities for personal gain and personal gain only. Everyone else can burn as far as I'm concerned. 

I come from a multi-generational family of healers and emergency service personnel........But sometimes I kick myself for having too much of my grandmother's "healer's empathy" because it bit me in the butt more than once and there are some people you shouldn't feel sorry for.

Considering your line of work I imagine you heard more than one EMT get upset that they saved someone who went out and hurt someone else. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Piney said:

Can't see how he'd find missing people unless they were dead.I wonder If you would find him more credible if he was native American.

2 hours ago, openozy said:

Can't see how he'd find missing people unless they were dead.I wonder If you would find him more credible if he was native American.

We don't believe in talking to the dead or that any "worker" can see the future accurate enough to predict the future and after studying Tendai Buddhism, I believe what the Monks teach. Prophecy and fortune telling is harmful nonsense.

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

We don't believe in talking to the dead or that any "worker" can see the future accurate enough to predict the future and after studying Tendai Buddhism, I believe what the Monks teach. Prophecy and fortune telling is harmful nonsense.

I am also of similar belief except have spoken to relatives that have passed quite a few times,cant do it on command but they have given me advice in times of need.I wasn't having a go at you or your belief,just wondering.

23 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

If I was telekinetic, Vegas baby!!!

There are no real psychics. Just delusional people who either have a mental imbalance, are a con-artist, or they just plain convinced themselves they are. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, openozy said:

I am also of similar belief except have spoken to relatives that have passed quite a few times,cant do it on command but they have given me advice in times of need.I wasn't having a go at you or your belief,just wondering.

How do you know it wasn't your own brain conjuring up some advice you yourself think that said passed relatives might have given? Your own inner monologue from the perspective of a dead relative?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

How do you know it wasn't your own brain conjuring up some advice you yourself think that said passed relatives might have given? Your own inner monologue from the perspective of a dead relative?

What diff does it make either way.

1 hour ago, openozy said:

What diff does it make either way.

Being genuine or not? 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 8:13 PM, openozy said:

I find him a bit silly. I had to look up the name, but as soon as I saw pics of him I knew who he is. Caught a few episodes of the first season... and he was always so E!. Granted he’s young and all, but was always stating he had no idea who X celebrity was that he would be reading, seemed rather disingenouos. 

I do think he’s talented in various ways like showmanship, cold and hot reading, and perhaps some factious innocence. Not so much as to true psychic talent. He’s well groomed and presented in a way that I can understand why he’s appealing to much of the E! Channels audience. And to the folks he sits with. 

For folks that may not know who Tyler is as in how he has come onto the media scene, he’s on the E! Channel in the states. The E! Channel graced us with the Kardashian’s phenomenon, Fashion Police, Talk Soup, and a whole lotta tabloid entertainment industry news and rumors. His show is popular, he’s done a lot of readings so far. Started in 2016, 10 episodes a season, 3-4 readings per episode. Not bad for a 22 year old.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

To yourself and in general. 

It is genuine to me.Cant prove it to anyone else and don't feel the need to.

14 hours ago, openozy said:

It is genuine to me.Cant prove it to anyone else and don't feel the need to.

Well then it's an anecdote isn't it. 

You did ask for opinions. It's not my fault that they are not what you hoped to hear. Fact is only rather credulous people accept this entertainment as a real phenomena. 

I duly note that nobody commented on Matt Lauper. That says a lot in itself I think. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked