Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tyler Henry

openozy

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Every self proclaimed "psychic" is either delusional or a con artist. And there are suckers you believe them.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I reckon ten years from now Tyler Henry will be remembered just like John Edward. 

jedouche.jpg?w=600&h=450

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Every self proclaimed "psychic" is either delusional or a con artist. And there are suckers you believe them.:rolleyes:

What about people who are passive recipients, are they delusional too ?

3 hours ago, openozy said:

Yeah I forgot Germans don't have emotions,I know I'm half german.

France has a very good railroad infrastructure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Yeah, I reckon ten years from now Tyler Henry will be remembered just like John Edward. 

I have a positive memory  of John Edward. And he is still active beyond just memories.

More the case is hard-core skeptics will always claim fraud to 100% of the psychics. I take that as given. In most cases I see it as an emotional attachment to an ideology (atheistic materialism) and as emotion is involved, debate can be made to spin into infinity. We should each make our judgment intelligently and move on. Debate is pointless against emotionally held positions, (but I will admit to enjoying a good spar to keep my wits sharp).

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

More the case is hard-core skeptics will always claim fraud to 100% of the psychics. I take that as given. In most cases I see it as an emotional attachment to an ideology (atheistic materialism) and as emotion is involved, debate can be made to spin into infinity. We should each make our judgment intelligently and move on. Debate is pointless against emotionally held positions, (but I will admit to enjoying a good spar to keep my wits sharp).

Nope. It's the fact that they never pass any test. Even one's of their own creation. They fail repeatedly, over and over, and over, and over, and over again. The only emotions held are disgust as the charlatans would take advantage of people. 

59 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Nope. It's the fact that they never pass any test. 

They pass tests too. See the triple-blind testing work of Dr. Gary Schultz for one.

Next, the never say die denialists move quickly to Stage 2: attack the testers.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

They pass tests too. See the triple-blind testing work of Dr. Gary Schultz for one.

Next, the never say die denialists move quickly to Stage 2: attack the testers.

http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2014/07/1123-gary-schwartz.html

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2008/01/30/another-psychic-exposed/#.W6v_yGhKjIU

A liar is a liar is a liar. Psychic are just liars, cold reading con-men and women. 

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I think we get the hint what your opinion of psychics are,probably got a reading that didn't suit you,hence your bitterness.

5 minutes ago, openozy said:

I think we get the hint what your opinion of psychics are,probably got a reading that didn't suit you,hence your bitterness.

Nope. I've never met a real psychic, just scammers. You lead them on and they'll tell you exactly what you expect to hear. 

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I have a positive memory  of John Edward.

Of that I have no doubt. I've said it before and I'll say it again. 

Your personal support of any paranormal claim is directly proportional to the credulous content involved with said claim. The more far fetched a claim is, the stronger you will support it. 

And he is still active beyond just memories.

And seen as the fraud he is by a great many more people than when he first hit the scene. 

That's all that's propping up Tyler Henry. He is a fresh face. New blood. The credulous have a new great white hope to hang beliefs on for a while. 

More the case is hard-core skeptics will always claim fraud to 100% of the psychics.

The correct approach is to be skeptical of any claim until irrefutable evidence is presented. Lawrence Krauss leads terms at the LHC, yet he remained skeptical of the Higgs Boson right up until we had proof of it. Believing in something does my make or real. A claim is true or false, and it has become more than apparent that not one paranormal claimant can provide convincing evidence of said abilities, yet said abilities are often also demonstrated by slight of hand. That's pretty damming, and deflates your assurance of genuine items being claimed. 

I take that as given. In most cases I see it as an emotional attachment to an ideology (atheistic materialism)

That's only because these superstitions have jailed your mind. I am honestly not sure that it has left you capable of making rational decisions. It's not the world out to get Papa George you know. There's a reason you stand alone with your support of credulous claims. 

and as emotion is involved, debate can be made to spin into infinity.

Emotion enters the debate when facts cannot be countered generally. Paranormal claimants tend to be sore losers by nature. There are no facts supporting paranormal claims, so emotion tends to fill that hole. 

We should each make our judgment intelligently and move on.

It does not matter what you and I think. Facts have the last say. They simply don't support claims if the paranormal. 

Debate is pointless against emotionally held positions, (but I will admit to enjoying a good spar to keep my wits sharp).

With all due respect, your wits are about as sharp as a bowling ball. You just make claims and then trail of into another thread. Nothing supports your views on the paranormal and I'm guessing that's why you start so many discussions that you can't finish. 

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

American Loons sounds fair and unbiased right from the start eh, lol.

A liar is a liar is a liar. 

(such a sophisticated argument)  Oh well tit-for-tat then: An emotional anti-paranormalist is an emotional anti-paranormalist is an emotional anti-paranormalist. 

Psychic are just liars, cold reading con-men and women. 

Sorry Charlie, if you understood triple-blind testing, you would know it eliminates the possibility of cold reading as no sensory input is given to the reader.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

Why in the hell am I even bother with you? You're the one who's paranormal meter maxes out every damn thread. You have zero critical thinking skills at all, plus you've never gotten your hand dirty with this stuff. You play the game from your armchair. Making anything you state meaningless. So unless you get out there and ghost hunter, summon a spirit, feed a psychic false info and catch them lying, then nothing you say has any value. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why in the hell am I even bother with you? 

My sneaking suspicion is that you are actually quite intelligent and smart enough to know that I am  better reasoned and intellectually sharper than you try to make me out to be?? The real issue is the emotional source of your knee-jerk negative reaction to anything that smacks of the paranormal or spiritual. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

My sneaking suspicion is that you are actually quite intelligent and smart enough to know that I am  better reasoned and intellectually sharper than you try to make me out to be?? The real issue is the emotional source of your knee-jerk negative reaction to anything that smacks of the paranormal or spiritual. 

You think too much of yourself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You think too much of yourself.

Figuring out woo is like being a mechanic. There are good mechanics, bad mechanics and people with no systemizing or diagnostic skills whatsoever. Especially when you were taught to use a program that does it for you....

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Figuring out woo is like being a mechanic. There are good mechanics, bad mechanics and people with no systemizing or diagnostic skills whatsoever. Especially when you were taught to use a program that does it for you....

Or they read the manual and think they know everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

That's only because these superstitions have jailed your mind

Your mind is square,boxed in and very limited.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Why in the hell am I even bother with you?

Because deep down you know he's right.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Steven Paul Novella is an American clinical neurologist and assistant professor at Yale University School of Medicine. He describes Tyler Henry as a 'Grief Vampire' 

And probably a homophobe or closet gay jealous of Tylers abilities.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, openozy said:

Your mind is square,boxed in and very limited.

Not at all, I'm open to any challenge you wish to offer. You didn't even know physics denies the afterlife as not possible so that quite a grandiose statement for you to make there. All you have illustrated so far is bad manners and deliberate ignorance. Woo has boxed your mind from real world knowledge. Much like PG there. Very unrealistic. 

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, openozy said:

Because deep down you know he's right.

Nobody thinks that but the most credulous of posters. PG thrives on pure nonsense. I'm honestly not sure if it's a natural disability or if he is just another attention seeker. As mentioned, his support of a subject seems to be directly proportion to the credibility. The less credibility, the more he supports it. I don't know why some people feel a need to champion the underdog but many do. I find it decidedly strange myself. 

What is right is what you can prove. Not what you can make up or imagine. 

27 minutes ago, openozy said:

How?

Making stuff up, ignoring real science, and once disproven, he tends to find a other thread where he can regurgitate the same failed claims. No critical thinking, no support for wild claims, and no sensible theories on how his claims could even be possible. He's just a woo train conductor short a caboose. 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, openozy said:

And probably a homophobe or closet gay jealous of Tylers abilities.

Where do you get such a bizarre notion from? 

Making things up to support your personal ideas does not validate them. All you have shown here is that you have no answer so you deflect with silly insults. Is this honestly your best effort? Because I really do pity you if it is. 

Tyler has no abilities to be jealous of. Novella is a highly accomplished individual who's contributions to science are many and far reaching. Tyler can't hold a candle to Novellas work. Tyler Henry is just entertainment. I'm not sure why that most obvious point is so difficult to grasp. 

• The topic was locked