Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
openozy

Tyler Henry

169 posts in this topic

psyche101
26 minutes ago, openozy said:

And probably a homophobe or closet gay jealous of Tylers abilities.

Where do you get such a bizarre notion from? 

Making things up to support your personal ideas does not validate them. All you have shown here is that you have no answer so you deflect with silly insults. Is this honestly your best effort? Because I really do pity you if it is. 

Tyler has no abilities to be jealous of. Novella is a highly accomplished individual who's contributions to science are many and far reaching. Tyler can't hold a candle to Novellas work. Tyler Henry is just entertainment. I'm not sure why that most obvious point is so difficult to grasp. 

psyche101
2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My sneaking suspicion is that you are actually quite intelligent and smart enough to know that I am  better reasoned and intellectually sharper than you try to make me out to be??

That's incredibly self serving I cannot begin to imagine how you would come to such a conclusion from the general responses you receive. There is nothing reasoned in your arguments and as soon as the discussion enters intellectual aspects, you tuck your tail between your legs and run. 

What a truly bizarre conclusion that you have come to there. 

The real issue is the emotional source of your knee-jerk negative reaction to anything that smacks of the paranormal or spiritual. 

There should be skepticism of any claim. The fact that paranormal claims have been made for centuries, and not one has been evidenced says plenty. That science offers better answers to everyday questions further reduces the claims of the paranormal, and the fact that claimants get upset when challenged and proven wrong is very damming on top of all that. Plain fact is that there is simply no good reason to consider paranormal claims as genuine. They are dime a dozen yet have provided zero evidence of validity. There is simply no good reason to think paranormal claims have any more substance to them than tales of mermaids or purple people eaters. 

Novella is spot on. Tyler Henry is a Grief Vampire. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 1

openozy
2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Where do you get such a bizarre notion from?

Probably because a Neurologist would know nothing of the paranormal,they only deal in science.The way that so called doctor writes,its obvious he has a issue ie jealousy of tyler as his square brain can't comprehend that there is more to life than  the tiny box he lives in.

Edited by openozy

openozy

Nobody thinks that but the most credulous of posters

And the majority of American citizens.

openozy

and once disproven

Never seen him disproven yet.It seems psyche 101 you are influenced by people who have read a book on one subject and think they know it all when in fact they are one trick ponies that know little of anything else.I feel sorry for your ingnorance.

• Like 1

Hankenhunter
On 9/25/2018 at 8:27 PM, psyche101 said:

No that's not correct. Physics denies the afterlife as a possibility. That's more stable than old superstitions. 

Dark matter and energy say hi.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

papageorge1

There is nothing reasoned in your arguments and as soon as the discussion enters intellectual aspects, you tuck your tail between your legs and run. 

Geez.…..and I actually pride myself on reasoning skills. Go figure you having that opinion:o

There should be skepticism of any claim. 

I agree with skepticism and am an open-minded skeptic myself. Skepticism is a respected tool of reasoning. HOWEVER, what I am against is anti-paranormal attitude people masquerading under the respected name of skepticism. These people have an obvious anti-paranormal agenda. A true skeptic has no agenda beyond honest consideration.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

psyche101
2 hours ago, openozy said:

Probably because a Neurologist would know nothing of the paranormal,they only deal in science.The way that so called doctor writes,its obvious he has a issue ie jealousy of tyler as his square brain can't comprehend that there is more to life than  the tiny box he lives in.

So you are now claiming he is jealous of Tyler Henry? A couple of posts ago you claimed he was a homophobe. 

Pretty obvious that you don't want answers, you want validation now. 

An ad hom is not an argument. It is a pity you have to stoop to that level to create your false argument. 

Can you please copy and paste any section of the article that illustrates jealousy, or homophobic references because I don't see any at all. 

• Like 1

openozy
6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

And probably a homophobe or closet gay jealous of Tylers abilities.

32 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

So you are now claiming he is jealous of Tyler Henry? A couple of posts ago you claimed he was a homophobe.

Only reason he would have a bee in his bonnet about Henry.

psyche101
4 hours ago, openozy said:

And the majority of American citizens.

That's a ridiculous statement to make. I really can't see how the majority of American people even know PG let alone support such childish nonsense he promotes. 

You really like making stuff up it seems. Your not even from the US, *snip*

Edited by Kismit

psyche101

Never seen him disproven yet.

You refuse to so much as consider any critical criticisms is why. You want him to be the real thing, so your desperately running with that idea despite that fact that the majority of posters in this thread don't find him genuine at all. He cold reads and hot reads. Same tricks Edward uses. 

It seems psyche 101 you are influenced by people who have read a book on one subject and think they know it all when in fact they are one trick ponies that know little of anything else.

That's an incredibly ignorant statement. 

Steven Novella is an American clinical neurologist and assistant professor at Yale University School of Medicine.

Tyler Henry is an American reality show personality. 

Steve Novella is actually an expert in many subjects and leads his field. Tyler Henry hosts an entertainment show and preys on the grieving. 

I really doubt you could look more ignorant or biased than you do right now. 

I feel sorry for your ingnorance.

Feel free to approach me on any subject. I'm sure I could comfortably discuss most subjects. Can you discuss a subject or do you always go sooking in a corner when you've had your backside handed to you? 

• Like 2

psyche101
4 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Dark matter and energy say hi.

No they don't, they don't speak. 

The energy left in your body changes state and is dissapated as heat. That's why a dead body drops to room temperature (goes cold). The tiny little ion pumps on your nervous system shut down and don't produce any more energy. 

Dark energy is an aspect of space as Xeno link indicates. 

As such, I have no idea where your going with this. Would you care to elaborate? 

Hankenhunter
46 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yes, thank you for the primer. My post was in the context that science doesn't know all. Dark energy has to be all around us yet we havn't been able to pin it down. Lots of theories but none provable. Seeing as we're living in alt/truth timeline now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the reason scientists can't find actual physical evidence of dark energy and or mass along with not finding any physical evidence of the paranormal is because they are looking at/for the same thing. Paranormal mass/energy is part of dark energy. :P Prove me wrong.

/and no indignant sputtering please

Edited by Hankenhunter

Kismit

Can we keep the discussion civil please.

XenoFish
3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yes, thank you for the primer. My post was in the context that science doesn't know all. Dark energy has to be all around us yet we havn't been able to pin it down. Lots of theories but none provable. Seeing as we're living in alt/truth timeline now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the reason scientists can't find actual physical evidence of dark energy and or mass along with not finding any physical evidence of the paranormal is because they are looking for the same thing. Paranormal mass/energy is part of dark energy. :P Prove me wrong.

Saying "I don't know" is better than assuming that you do know (You not being used directly). It's like adding quantum to anything paranormal. 

• Like 1

XenoFish

The biggest problem with supposed psychic abilities is answer how they work. If people could prove those abilities existed. We could study them, figuring out the how and why, I'd be way more open to the idea. Same for ghost as well. If spirit/soul/ghost consisted of some as of yet unknown particle, we would eventually discover this. Be able to understand it. This has yet to happen. So I'm nope on the whole subject. Because it's way to easy to do a cold reading, have visual and auditory pareidolia, then you have those hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations as well.

• Like 1

Hankenhunter
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Saying "I don't know" is better than assuming that you do know (You not being used directly). It's like adding quantum to anything paranormal. 

Pardon my ignorance but why would that be bad? Dark energy and matter seems to exist beyond space and time so does the paranormal. Isn't that what quantum is or did I just wander into Terry Pratchet territory? And am I even on topic?

XenoFish
1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Pardon my ignorance but why would that be bad? Dark energy and matter seems to exist beyond space and time so does the paranormal. Isn't that what quantum is or did I just wander into Terry Pratchet territory? And am I even on topic?

What I'm getting at is people use science to fill in the blanks. When there is no proof of what they're claiming. If there was proof that some photo negative version of the universe existed and it was the afterlife, then we'd have something to actually discuss. But saying that quantum physics explains intention-manifestation is ignorance. Assumption without proof. Similar to saying dark matter/energy explains the paranormal, it is assumption without proof. 

I mean. If a tree falls in the forest and no ones around, did bigfoot knock it over? We'd need a captured bigfoot or a body to move forward on that question. 

• Thanks 1

psyche101
4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Geez.…..and I actually pride myself on reasoning skills. Go figure you having that opinion:o

Lol, I don't think you have ever completed a discussion with me. You just seem to fade off usually. 

I agree with skepticism and am an open-minded skeptic myself.

No, your really not. 

Skepticism is a respected tool of reasoning.

I'm glad you respect that, but I honestly don't see you applying it. 

HOWEVER, what I am against is anti-paranormal attitude people masquerading under the respected name of skepticism.

I don't deny that would exist, but its not the case most of the time. There is no point in pointing your finger at any person. Blaming Randi or 'Scientists' is just a cop out. No one person is an authority on drawing a line as to what is considered paranormal or not. It would be like discovering the Celocanth. People go 'rubbish, if it exists show us one' so one was produced and bam, that's that. It's fact not an anecdote. Proof is there for everyone to see and there's no denying it. Today, it's history. 

If the paranormal was genuine, it would work exactly the same way. And it's not like the claims haven't had a good few hundred years to be validated. It's unicorns and mermaids. Just man made myths. 

These people have an obvious anti-paranormal agenda. A true skeptic has no agenda beyond honest consideration.

Here are two genuine experiments on water divining and astrology. Only a few minutes each. Could I ask you to view and comment on how the participants might have been mislead by an agenda? 

Edited by psyche101

Hankenhunter
3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The biggest problem with supposed psychic abilities is answer how they work. If people could prove those abilities existed. We could study them, figuring out the how and why, I'd be way more open to the idea. Same for ghost as well. If spirit/soul/ghost consisted of some as of yet unknown particle, we would eventually discover this. Be able to understand it. This has yet to happen. So I'm nope on the whole subject. Because it's way to easy to do a cold reading, have visual and auditory pareidolia, then you have those hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations as well.

That's cool, but what if the same amount of money was poured into researching the paranormal as is spent on researching the heavens, what kind of progress might we have made?

/Sorry about the word salad, I'm high and tired. With that, I bid you good day/night.

Hank

• Like 1

psyche101
1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yes, thank you for the primer. My post was in the context that science doesn't know all. Dark energy has to be all around us yet we havn't been able to pin it down. Lots of theories but none provable. Seeing as we're living in alt/truth timeline now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the reason scientists can't find actual physical evidence of dark energy and or mass along with not finding any physical evidence of the paranormal is because they are looking at/for the same thing. Paranormal mass/energy is part of dark energy. :P Prove me wrong.

/and no indignant sputtering please

You seem to be missing a very important point here. 

Although dark matter is pretty much invisible, we found it. If people like Tyler Henry really could detect a 'energy' or 'force' we would have found it.

There is no way for the complex patterns of neural connections that are 'you' to survive death and decay. 

Its hard to describe Dark Matter as we think it's a new form of matter altogether. So conventional terms just don't fit. As per the link Xeno offered, it is suspected to be a property of space, and would most likely help explain some current anomalies like galaxies that have lower amounts of dark matter. It might even help us find the grand unification theory and unite QM and GR. 

Shoving the paranormal into the current gaps in knowledge is pointless and somewhat ridiculous. It helps nobody get anywhere, only hard work does that. Dark Matter and the paranormal are like a pizza and a green shirt. They have nothing to do with each other. 

Edited by psyche101

XenoFish
42 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

That's cool, but what if the same amount of money was poured into researching the paranormal as is spent on researching the heavens, what kind of progress might we have made?

/Sorry about the word salad, I'm high and tired. With that, I bid you good day/night.

Hank

Because the research that has been done regarding the paranormal is shoddy at best, falsified at worse.

• Like 1

psyche101
41 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

You do know the CIA spent 20 million on project stargate trying to capture psychic abilities? 20 years study. Nada.

All we got out of it was a great book and a really funny movie. 

• Like 1

openozy
45 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Although dark matter is pretty much invisible, we found it. If people like Tyler Henry really could detect a 'energy' or 'force' we would have found it.

What a load of garbage.

• Like 1