Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman accidently declares herself a terrorist

Eldorado

A cancer patient has had to postpone a bucket-list trip to New York – after she accidentally labelled herself a “terrorist” on a visa application.

Mandie Stevenson, 29, who was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer in 2015, and her boyfriend Ross Malcolm were due to fly to the Big Apple last Saturday.

But the couple from Falkirk had to postpone their dream trip for a month after Mandie mistakenly ticked “yes" next to the question: “Do you seek to engage in or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities, espionage, sabotage or genocide?”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/cancer-patients-bucket-list-new-13281941

:(

This has me wondering if your average terrorist would tick "yes", and who exactly sets the questions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

This has me wondering if your average terrorist would tick "yes", and who exactly sets the questions.

yes indeed!

• Like 1

Reminds me of my late teens - long time ago I know - But I, being from Northern Ireland was on a week long course in Scotland.

First day in class - Question:

Are you in the IRA?

Answer -

No, but If I was I'd still say No.

Poor soul was no further forward.

• Haha 2

You'll notice that she wasn't immediately visited by Special Branch after declaring herself a terrorist.  If she'd opened a can of Super Lager down the local park she'd have been arrested, charged and fined already.

• Haha 2

Why don't they just word it like it is,  "Do you wish to go to Guantanamo Bay, to spend the rest of your life without due process or a trial?"   Nice weather, with a beach for water activities. 

• Haha 2