Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ufo sightings did you see a ufo

johncbdg

Any photo or video can be faked nowadays, so Ufology is pretty much finished unless/until someone captures an alien or finds their spaceship.

Edited by acute
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, acute said:

Any photo or video can be faked nowadays, so Ufology is pretty much finished unless/until someone captures an alien or finds their spaceship.

and I love how contactees describe some serious low tech for a interstellar race yet morons still believe them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I saw a cluster of strange lights in the sky separate and perform intricate maneuvers, reform as a cluster and fade sway, all in the span of five minutes or so. I even recorded the end when they faded away, cell phone imagery too poor to prove anything other than to myself I didn't imagine it. I never before saw anything like it. My assessment? I saw lights in the sky. Sorry, UFOs. If you want to impress me, you'll have to do better than that. This isn't the 1950s.

• Like 2

One night around summer in 1978 I walked into my parents kitchen to get a drink of water when I notice a deep buzzing noise getting louder and louder.  I look up out of the window and am dumbstruck because very close to my house, in the sky is a huge craft with blinking lights.  My jaw hit the floor, I had recently seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind in the theater and this was very close to what I saw on the big screen, I couldn't believe it and felt an amazing sense of wonder.  Then I realized that for some reason a blimp with a scrolling light sign had somehow gotten waaaayyyyyyy too close to the ground.  UFO turns into IFO. :tu:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Piney said:

and I love how contactees describe some serious low tech for a interstellar race yet morons still believe them. 

It's ridiculous when non-believers say that the distances are too great for us to have been visited by aliens.

Whether or not you believe they exist, the notion that an advanced civilization (capable of interstellar travel) would still be using our primitive propulsion methods is laughable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, acute said:

It's ridiculous when non-believers say that the distances are too great for us to have been visited by aliens.

Or use human slaves when automaton is more efficient.....or drop atomic bombs on us after putting everyone into a volcano. :yes:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Or use human slaves when automaton is more efficient.....or drop atomic bombs on us after putting everyone into a volcano. :yes:

Or setting up run way lights for these things.....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

Or setting up run way lights for these things.....

Runways period! Because if you have advanced technology it won't be VTOL. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

It would be a pity if we stopped getting reports like this. 

It was something he smoked no doubt.

The saddest part of his assassination was they should of wacked Yoko... 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Piney said:

The saddest part of his assassination was they should of wacked Yoko... 

and the rest of the beatles 

edit to add:

and elvis

Edited by Dejarma
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

and elvis

Nah, the pics the ME took were hilarious. Stupid, tasteless redneck.......

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Nah, the pics the ME took were hilarious. Stupid, tasteless redneck.......

yep, boring plebs music

• Thanks 1

I once looked up in the sky and it was a beautiful clear night with many visible stars and out of all of them, I noticed one particular star was moving around like a mosquito while the others very near it were still. At such a distance it would seem like it would be moving hundreds of miles in various directions within seconds though I can't say how far away this apparent star would be. It looked just like all the other stars and I told my mom and she looked up and spotted it right away. It was moving like a mosquito on a window, just bouncing around in various directions. I would have thought any atmospheric distortion would effect the stars around it as it was such a clear night that the sky was complete with very tiny gaps in between each star.

Another time I saw an orange fireball. Just gliding slowly across the sky though would be interesting to ask an astrologist what either of those were, I'm sure they would have an idea. I once worked with an old woman who claimed she saw a saucer craft one night and was so close that she could see inside through the windows. I believe she believed in what she saw anyway as she wasn't prone to care about making up such things. But our sensory inputs and memory are probably the most fallible detectors in the world that was well displayed in mass by the Sinbad internet incident if anyone remembers that. The fact that so many people remember the same thing that didn't happen is very interesting indeed.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

I once worked with an old woman who claimed she saw a saucer craft one night and was so close that she could see inside through the windows. I believe she believed in what she saw anyway as she wasn't prone to care about making up such things. But our sensory inputs and memory are probably the most fallible detectors in the world that was well displayed in mass by the Sinbad internet incident if anyone remembers that. The fact that so many people remember the same thing that didn't happen is very interesting indeed.

I knew a old tracker who never told tale tales. He was once a horse state trooper assigned to the Pine Barrens but he was always a local. He swore he saw a craft land and something come out.  I never knew him to lie. 

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

I knew a old tracker who never told tale tales. He was once a horse state trooper assigned to the Pine Barrens but he was always a local. He swore he saw a craft land and something come out.  I never knew him to lie. 

a helicopter? 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Piney said:

There is always that possibility, I think with this type of sighting either you think the witness is unreliable or they observed what they claimed to have seen as it was too close and viewed for too long to misidentify ?  

On 21/09/2018 at 6:33 PM, acute said:

Whether or not you believe they exist, the notion that an advanced civilization (capable of interstellar travel) would still be using our primitive propulsion methods is laughable.

I have to agree with this. There's also nothing to say that they wouldn't have been travelling for a long time to get here. It doesn't suggest that they are visiting us of course, but as a sceptic I think one has to ditch that argument as an objection. 

• Like 2

OK. 

Thirty three years ago, I saw something that I still can't explain. I definitely do not think it was extra-terrestrial anymore than I believe in pixies, all I say is I can't explain it. 

Night, but in a well lit area. A silver/metallic roughly triangular object, the vertexes were 'cropped' for want of a better word, so it was actually hexagon but every other side was about 1/4-1/5 the length of the previous side, so it looked triangular. About 15' across, by about 3-4' in depth. Each of the short sides had six lights arranged like a dice, and on each side they were a uniform colour, one side all red, one green, and one white. And, as the sceptics like myself here will note, corresponding to the colours of aircraft navigation lights. Other than this it was completely featureless, and I saw every face.

It flew silently and as I remember, with the agility of a fly. I'm useless at judging heights, but I'd say based on knowing the area I saw it very well, its altitude varied from almost (but read on) ground level, to several hundred feet. I watched from initially approximately 100M, but as I approached it this distance varied because of its flight pattern, approaching and retreating, and of course up and down, by up to possibly 300M for the majority of the sighting. I remember the length of time of the sighting, but I watched it continuously while I covered apr 100M at a walking pace. 

Finally it retreated apr 800M and went down into the trees of a nearby wooded area, came up again, before dropping down without re-emerging. 

I tried to reach the area it went down, but my nerve went (I was a teenager) when I got close and I did what I called those days a 'Ronnie' all the way home. 
I've absolutely no idea what that was. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2018 at 12:59 AM, acute said:

To be fair, some serious corroboration added to the video/s, would sway it for me.  That's not exactly a huge request, given most of these claims come from populated areas.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:59 AM, oldrover said:

OK. 

Thirty three years ago, I saw something that I still can't explain. I definitely do not think it was extra-terrestrial anymore than I believe in pixies, all I say is I can't explain it. 

Night, but in a well lit area. A silver/metallic roughly triangular object, the vertexes were 'cropped' for want of a better word, so it was actually hexagon but every other side was about 1/4-1/5 the length of the previous side, so it looked triangular. About 15' across, by about 3-4' in depth. Each of the short sides had six lights arranged like a dice, and on each side they were a uniform colour, one side all red, one green, and one white. And, as the sceptics like myself here will note, corresponding to the colours of aircraft navigation lights. Other than this it was completely featureless, and I saw every face.

It flew silently and as I remember, with the agility of a fly. I'm useless at judging heights, but I'd say based on knowing the area I saw it very well, its altitude varied from almost (but read on) ground level, to several hundred feet. I watched from initially approximately 100M, but as I approached it this distance varied because of its flight pattern, approaching and retreating, and of course up and down, by up to possibly 300M for the majority of the sighting. I remember the length of time of the sighting, but I watched it continuously while I covered apr 100M at a walking pace. 

Finally it retreated apr 800M and went down into the trees of a nearby wooded area, came up again, before dropping down without re-emerging. 

I tried to reach the area it went down, but my nerve went (I was a teenager) when I got close and I did what I called those days a 'Ronnie' all the way home. 
I've absolutely no idea what that was. 

Cool.  I'm keen to know more about those faces, and did you not return to examine the area later?.....

But as someone who has experienced all of the following:

- lucid/vivid dreaming (where the dream was 100% real.. until I awoke, and even then, I was thinking my woken state was the dream))

- hallucinations from extreme exhaustion (again, these things were 100% real, but I knew they couldn't be and some of them were vanishing and reappearing

- plain, ordinary old false memories, where some of the memory (eg that it was a dream..) has now changed (eg it was real..)

.. can you rule them out?  I know it's a copout, but those things do happen.  Or maybe a stealth/experimental chopper?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Cool.  I'm keen to know more about those faces, and did you not return to examine the area later?.....

But as someone who has experienced all of the following:

- lucid/vivid dreaming (where the dream was 100% real.. until I awoke, and even then, I was thinking my woken state was the dream))

- hallucinations from extreme exhaustion (again, these things were 100% real, but I knew they couldn't be and some of them were vanishing and reappearing

- plain, ordinary old false memories, where some of the memory (eg that it was a dream..) has now changed (eg it was real..)

.. can you rule them out?  I know it's a copout, but those things do happen.  Or maybe a stealth/experimental chopper?

It's not a copout at all, I agree these are the very first things to consider.

As to ruling them out; I can't recall the exact date, but it was between Christmas and New years, 1985. It was late evening, but I'd say before 21:00. I base this on where I was and why I as there. Walking home from the village of Mumbles to the outskirts of the city about 3 miles away. I'd walked down to Mumbles to see my mates, arriving about 19:00 ish. However, we didn't have a phone in those days so nobody called me to say they had family stuff that night, and they were all out. I do 'recall' checking at least two of their houses but both were empty. Would take ten minutes maximum between the first house and the second, but I can't recall if I went anywhere else. Either way I'd have left the village probably not later than 20:00, and I'd covered about half the 45-50 minute journey. 

I couldn't have been asleep as I was walking, and it wasn't a dream that later became a false memory because I immediately told my parents when I got home and my mother still recalls it, although she tells me she thought little of it. 

I did a drawing but I don't recall how soon afterwards. And obviously, I've lost it since. I've also been as careful as I can be with what I can remember, but obviously the memory is faded now, and I've no objective way of knowing how much valid information I retain. And if I tried to recall the sight, we both know I'd be filling in most of it. So when I say 'recall' it's obviously referring to the impression I have now. 

I do recall though initially seeing the lights through some trees, and the area from where they were coming, a playing field, was then used as a Sea King landing site for the adjacent hospital. So when I saw red, green, and white lights I passed through the trees to watch what I expected to be a helicopter bringing in a casualty. Two points arise; this is what I base the colour of the lights on the actual direct memory has gone, and secondly, I was not primed to see anything unusual, just a helicopter. And I do recall initially being completely baffled why it wasn't. 

But that's not to give the impression I wasn't well aware of UFOs, I was, I'd read about them and every other Fortean subject I could get my hands on.    

When I say faces I mean sides, all of which were completely featureless, except of course for the ones with the lights set in. I'm confident about that, because it was one of the things that confused me, how was it flying. 

I'm also confident about it dropping into the trees as it moved away, re-emerging then going down again. 

I didn't investigate the area, back then this was adjacent to a big landfill site so as kids we stayed away, it was only after the area was greened-up, and a car park put there that I realised there was a clearing roughly corresponding to where I'd seen it go down. I was aware of the clearing previously, I used to play in the woods at its farthest end as a kid, but not that extended almost to the landfill. (Checking the satellite again, it's less than 800M, more like 550-600). Also at my age then, it wouldn't have been 'cool' to go looking in the woods for something like that, I had amusement arcades to display my mullet at (to little effect).  

I did though approach the area on the night with the intention of getting as close as I could. This was via a very isolated and poorly lit track, and my nerve started to go, I freely admit that by this time and at that age I was scared, and I was thinking of the scary UFO stories I'd read. 

The track ended in a T-junction with another lonely but metalled road, I started to make my way up there. This is going to sound silly. I don't remember when they started, but I do remember there were what I can only describe as 'B-picture' noises. I couldn't tell the direction but they were quite pervasive, and I'm confident that at the time I did not associate them with the object, they were just too corny. But the combination was too much, my nerve went and I ran up the road,and instead of making my way closer to where I though it'd come down, I ran to the nearest phone box and called 999. 

But the bloody thing was all static, until a connection was then but to a very distorted voice. This was Britain in the mid-80s phone boxes were to say lest, touch and go. But I got really scared, and ran to the next call box, dialled 999, got through, reported it anonymously I still recall what I said, but the swear filter doesn't permit. I then ran home via all the best lit routes I could think of.