Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Multiple people stabbed at NYC day care

The Caspian Hare

Five people were stabbed, including three infants, at a home day care center in Flushing, Queens, authorities said Friday morning. Police found the suspect, a 52-year-old woman, with self-inflicted wounds to her wrists.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/daycare-stabbing-queens-new-york-city-6-stab-slash-wounds-female-suspect-today-2018-09-21/

• Sad 6

2 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

What is wrong with this world?

Too many lunatics are allowed to roam free! :wacko:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

Too many lunatics are allowed to roam free! :wacko:

and breed.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Yeah me too, this nut job needs help, BUT if she is beyond it I think I'd object to feeding her and caring for her until the day she dies naturally.

"I've seen no mentally ill among them"-William Penn

Yup, because we smothered them, unless they were criminally deranged. Then we burnt them. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-news-three-infants-stabbed-daycare-20180921-story.html

Locals claimed the “day care” was actually was a temporary home where pregnant Chinese immigrants delivered their babies in hopes of leveraging the births into American citizenship — a practice sometimes called “birth tourism.”

So it's being described as an "unlicensed birthing facility" <_<

• Like 3

On 9/22/2018 at 5:54 AM, The Caspian Hare said:

So it's being described as an "unlicensed birthing facility" <_<

That law has been biting us since the 1800s.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

She thought they were wolves :blink:

https://pix11.com/2018/09/29/queens-infant-stabbing-suspect-apologizes-says-she-mistook-the-victims-for-wolves-daily-news/

FLUSHING, Queens — The woman accused of stabbing three infants and two adults at an unlicensed day care facility in Queens said she mistook the victims for wolves,” in an exclusive interview with the Daily News.

Yu Fen Wang, a 52-year-old employee at the residential facility, was charged with five counts of attempted murder for the Sept. 20 attack, according to police.

• Confused 1

On 9/23/2018 at 3:49 PM, docyabut2 said:

Part of the problem is that they were all shut down because they were woefully underfunded and turned into horrible places. 

The result, though, is that there's nowhere to go with the mentally ill except to put them out on the street. 

And there is no funding to treat them, either. 

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

Part of the problem is that they were all shut down because they were woefully underfunded and turned into horrible places. 

The result, though, is that there's nowhere to go with the mentally ill except to put them out on the street. 

And there is no funding to treat them, either. 

It's a national disgrace, IMO.  It's one of those problems all nations have and few really attempt to deal with humanely.  Even if funding were a priority, I think governments should tread VERYcarefully and with absolute transparency when it comes to forcible detention in such places.  It would be too easy for a corrupt government to remove "problems" by dumping them there and forgetting them.  That's not to say that government has no role at all.  It just needs to be monitored.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, and then said:

It's a national disgrace, IMO.  It's one of those problems all nations have and few really attempt to deal with humanely.  Even if funding were a priority, I think governments should tread VERYcarefully and with absolute transparency when it comes to forcible detention in such places.  It would be too easy for a corrupt government to remove "problems" by dumping them there and forgetting them.  That's not to say that government has no role at all.  It just needs to be monitored.  

Khrushchev used to do that. Party members who fell out of favor or citizens who made a nuisance of the themselves could get declared crazy and locked up. (Stalin would simply have them shot or sent to labor camps.) Given the dominance of a certain ideology in the halls of government and in academia here in the US, I have no doubt it would be easy to set up a system where they could get their political enemies classified as insane. Already they like to attach "-phobia" to world views they don't like.

• Thanks 1