Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1974 Canadian Farmer encounters 5 ufos

johncbdg

Interview with Canadian Farmer Edwin Fuhr about his UFO Encounter on Sunday September 1 1974 his Encounter with five ufos in a field he was working in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 9 months later...

I agree Scudbuster, a very intriguing close range daylight sighting of five spinning, domed shaped flying objects which apparently caused quite a stir back in September, 1974.

™The color of the machine was like a brushed stainless steel. It was rough and you could see while it was revolving that it was sort of grooved all around; you could see kind of grooves, they were darker grey....a dark grey...like it had been hot at one time, like steel that gets hot and cools off." 

Farmer Edwin Fuhr

Described as 'symmetrical bun shaped' and 'the colour of highly polished steel' it's said the objects also emitted a grey vapour, exhibited highly unusual flight characteristics and left physical trace evidence behind in the form of circular swirls of grass (with grass in the centre still erect) where the objects hovered on his property before 'shooting straight up'.

It's also claimed that the police attempted to silence Edwin Fuhr but the corporal in charge of the area found the witness to be 'reliable' and the RCMP (and CUFOS) investigation concluded no hoax. 

"Something was there and I doubt it was a hoax. There's no indication anything had been wheeled in or out and Mr. Fuhr seemed genuinely scared." 

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Constable Ron Morier

Edited by karl 12
  • Like 1

just another story :hmm:

• Like 1

On 23/09/2018 at 7:28 PM, Scudbuster said:

Quite the interesting recount of this event. He seems totally earnest, sincere, and believable.

Doesn't mean it happened though.

• Thanks 2

my gmother was a very sincere lady, once in the hospital she swore she had a kangaroo rat come up on her bed and chatted with her.

"earnest, sincere, and believable"

"earnest, sincere" doesnt mean a person isnt mistaken , wrong or delusional.

"believable" ?! being no matter how hard i try i cant make a jump that every wild story with zero proof is true, some people depending on attitude  i will give great respect to, i might believe that they believe their story but doesn't mean i do,

the ones who get angry and go ad hominem pretty much tells me they are full of bull they know it i know it and they are mad i know it.

I liked the content and the speaker.

at the end, the speaker bothered to mention that the UFO's returned in 1989 near a school, and students and a teacher saw them. I'd give it an 8

35 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

at the end, the speaker bothered to mention that the UFO's returned in 1989 near a school, and students and a teacher saw them. I'd give it an 8

did the teacher and any student collaborate or is that typical heresay?

On 7/9/2019 at 1:25 PM, the13bats said:

did the teacher and any student collaborate or is that typical heresay?

No idea. It was mentioned in the above video.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

No idea. It was mentioned in the above video.  

i asked because while most encounters of whatever even when claimed to be multi witnesses are just one person telling the tale speaking for all so to speak, the more witnesses and collaboration the more intrigued i become.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2019 at 5:53 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

why not a 10?

9 hours ago, Dejarma said:

why not a 10?

because it's a lone observer with evidences that could have been created (swirled grass)

• Thanks 1

Yeah, we all know the military and police love getting involved in a hoax. Oh wait, no, they don't. And animals are known to shy away from hoaxes all the time. 

Was this aliens? I don't know. But I do believe the man had something land on the farm.

56 minutes ago, khazarkhum said:

Yeah, we all know the military and police love getting involved in a hoax. Oh wait, no, they don't. And animals are known to shy away from hoaxes all the time. 

Was this aliens? I don't know. But I do believe the man had something land on the farm.

no, military and pilice do not like wasting time but still do so, alot.

animals shy away from all kinds of stuff they dont ponder what a hoax is.

you dont make the jump to it had to be aliens only that the guy really saw something, very logical.

problem is reaching that it was something landing, for me swirled grass doesnt really prove that, all it really proves is some grass is disturbed, only when joined with his story does something flying and landing made it,

i simple do not give much merit to stories with zero proof, no, the distribed grass is far from proof for me, and its all we have in this case.

Is there any more information about this besides this video? Can I find police reports, etc? Hypothetically, of course.

Oh OK apparently this is a known case. It is new to me and RationalWiki has nothing on it. Hmm. Welp. Cool story! Is there any info about the return near the school I can look at? I can’t really find too much on this one really.

13 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

Oh OK apparently this is a known case. It is new to me and RationalWiki has nothing on it. Hmm. Welp. Cool story! Is there any info about the return near the school I can look at? I can’t really find too much on this one really.

you likely won't find too much, there are lots of tales like this one some more known than others but they dont go anywhere, you have a story and any evidence is easily faked and can be very prosiac, people get bored.

heres a fun one,

http://www.cultofweird.com/aliens-ufo/wisconsin-alien-pancakes/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

you likely won't find too much, there are lots of tales like this one some more known than others but they dont go anywhere, you have a story and any evidence is easily faked and can be very prosiac, people get bored.

heres a fun one,

WTF, lol !

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 4:36 AM, johncbdg said:

Interview with Canadian Farmer Edwin Fuhr about his UFO Encounter on Sunday September 1 1974 his Encounter with five ufos in a field he was working in.

Maybe it was not a Canola field... who knows !

21 hours ago, the13bats said:

heres a fun one,

Oh I am aware. I am nothing but sceptical. Asking mainly to see if any of the claims can be verified by any sources besides this video. Without anything more than hearsay, I find it difficult to believe local authorities have any record of this. I’ve known people who could spin some very tall tales and seem 100% sincere.

20 minutes ago, Skulduggery said:

Oh I am aware. I am nothing but sceptical. Asking mainly to see if any of the claims can be verified by any sources besides this video. Without anything more than hearsay, I find it difficult to believe local authorities have any record of this. I’ve known people who could spin some very tall tales and seem 100% sincere.

my dad passed i  2014 i knew he told stories nothing really epic, one made up tale i did fall for his sister out in cali, never spoke to her until after dad passed clued me in, he and her would compete who could tell the tallest tale.

i dont really have any cool experence stories but on here a while back two different people told UFO stories i found very intriguing, unlike most stories like this threads farmer here is the person telling it i can ask questions so i thought,

both made it out like a big epic event in their lives i asked things like did they research it bsck then or later in life, i asked about the others in the stories you know to tell their versions and collaborate it,

i was taken back, neither did further research, as they didnt believe it would not be fruitful, neither had any proof only the story, and both got very hostile towards me for even asking about it,  then saying no, i dont believe that its anything more than a story,

i guess its what you considered verified, but so far no cases ive looked into pan out.