Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tourists face fine for sitting down in Venice

Still Waters

Visitors in Venice could be fined up to €500 (£445) for sitting in undesignated spots, as the city continues to struggle with overwhelming tourism levels.

The idea, proposed by Mayor Luigi Brugnaro, will be voted on by the city council in October.

It is the latest in a long list of measures designed to deal with the city's popularity as a tourist destination.

Venice's #EnjoyRespectVenezia campaign, which launched in the summer of 2017, dictates that tourists are welcome but they must follow the city's rules.

https://news.sky.com/story/tourists-face-500-fine-for-sitting-down-in-venice-11503932

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 22/09/2018 at 11:54 AM, Piney said:

- post removed -

Or just don't be a dick and respect the local people and area. 

I've been to Italy several times and Venice twice. Never had a single problem. 

But then, I'm not your stereotypical British drunk or entitled American tourist. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Setton said:

But then, I'm not your stereotypical British drunk or entitled American tourist. 

I turn my Bradford accent back on in Europe and never claim Americans ( because technically I'm not) but my last stepfather ( who was technically my uncle) was Italian and when we were visiting his relatives in he was always bribing someone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I turn my Bradford accent back on in Europe and never claim Americans ( because technically I'm not) but my last stepfather ( who was technically my uncle) was Italian and when we were visiting his relatives in he was always bribing someone.

Huh, maybe its a locals thing. 

Now starting to wonder if that's why I had such a ****ty train cabin... 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

Now starting to wonder if that's why I had such a ****ty train cabin... 

:yes:

Well, it ain't gonna be that much of a big deal if everybody squats like us Chinese wherever we go ...

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1